Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

LB6 wrote: »
    Wow Paul's a b*ll*cks. What a rotten thing to say:mad:

It's so unrealistic and out of context. As if he'd be speaking to his wife like that. Sounds like a mafia don. Some knacker arrives on his doorstep and his wife isn't all that pleased and he's giving her ultimatums.:rolleyes:

Callum is 23. What "choosing" is Paul gonna do? Leave his wife and rear three kids and a joyrider?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

walshb wrote: »
    It's so unrealistic and out of context. As if he'd be speaking to his wife like that. Sounds like a mafia don. Some knacker arrives on his doorstep and his wife isn't all that pleased and he's giving her ultimatums.:rolleyes:

Callum is 23. What "choosing" is Paul gonna do? Leave his wife and rear three kids and a joyrider?

Callum is 18. He was lying when he said he was 23.

Wait for it. Callum will beat Niamh up, beat Rachel up, and beat the little one up. Niamh will give out, and Paul will give her an ultimatum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

oh wow look at this

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2013/0426/firstepisode1989.html

i never knew charlie kelly is an original character , is he the only one left in the cast is there more

Paul Brennan.
    Barry O'Hanlon.

The photo advertising the clip is misleading. It's not from the first series as it features Mags #2.

The original (and colourless) Mags appears in the clip.

Randomiser wrote: »
    Callum is 18. He was lying when he said he was 23.

Well, he is an adult. A thug adult, and Paul is so so picking him and refusing to see Niamh's side at all. All because DNA makes them related. It's too unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Gotta say I think Callum plays a great part. And I thought that was a strong scene at the end between Niamh and Paul. Can't say I blame Paul for saying what he did. But sure that must have been painful to hear for Niamh.

Although I don't think I would have threw away that tiny birthday cake if I were Niamh. Id've scoffed the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I thought the scene with Dermish in his boxers was priceless!! Very funny! I just wonder how Greyie got the part of the lover-boy when he's so mechanical, banging his little fists on the Station counter...he gives me the creeps, there must have been better actors looking for the part.....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Fire-groin Bishop is full-time ride

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Jesus, there is no consistency with the Fair City writers. They done a complete 360 with Niamh's character. First of all, the old Niamh would never come in the way of a father and his long lost son. And tonight, she was throwing away cake. That's probably the first time she has never eaten food. Tomorrow, we'll be seeing her exercising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Paul Brennan.
    Barry O'Hanlon.

The photo advertising the clip is misleading. It's not from the first series as it features Mags #2.

The original (and colourless) Mags appears in the clip.

The woman in the pink dressing gown is Brian Murray's ex...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Tommy: "Fifty Shades of Dillon Greyie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

First time in a while I've seen Jo Fahy rendered speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

ryanf1 wrote: »
    First time in a while I've seen Jo Fahy rendered speechless.

With lust ewwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

annapanna wrote: »
    With lust ewwwww

was it a closed set during filming? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Didnt see tonight but im guessing that the writers were as 'consistent' and realistic as ever in their portrayal of the Niamh Paul Callum 'triangle'. Ok, heres a question to those who agree with niamhs behaviour in all this. (walshb, im looking at you) What if Callum was a quiet, 'non-thug' lad. Do you think Niamh would have acted differently? I dont. She had a problem with the guy from the start not due to the fact that she was nostradamus and knew he was going to start acting stupidly in last week or so. The guy is 18, just lost a 'parent' and found out he wasnt his real parent. Niamh has never acted this way, and the writers have made a complete hash out of her character just for the sake of a bit of drama. WHY DO THEY OVERCOMPLICATE IT WITH ALL THESE LOOSEENDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair City should have had one of the ads Eastenders have after an episode "If you have been affected by anything shown on the her tonight etc., please call ...................................................." :P

ok its starting to annoy me that niamh only wears black

she never got over the death of her mother

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

At least she did not have her lagging jacket on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Black is sliming she's hiding her blubber within reason I suppose just imagine her in white she would appear enormous and they say being on tv makes you look even bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Niamh should just leave Paul and his 500 kids and have a nice life for herself

At a time when male fertility is in serious decline in the Western World Paul "The Governor of Love" Brennan and his best friend, the one eye trouser snake are courageously reversing this worrying trend. With his exceedingly robust sperm I believe that he, has by now fathered well in excess of the 500 kids that you claim he has sired. . :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

At a time when male fertility is in serious decline in the Western World Paul "The Governor of Love" Brennan and his best friend, the one eye trouser snake are courageously reversing this worrying trend. With his exceedingly robust sperm I believe that he, has by now fathered well in excess of the 500 kids that you claim he has sired. . :cool:

He needs to be squeezed using a burdizzo. That will quieten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fair City should have had one of the ads Eastenders have after an episode "If you have been affected by anything shown on the her tonight etc., please call ...................................................." :P

People affected by Dermot's underwear? Who would you call? - Heatons ?? :D

desbrook wrote: »
    :P talk about frightening the horses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Feck sake Dermot get your pants on, can they not write a script with a man with his pants on?, shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Someone emailed into "the email bag" (l think thats what its called) on the ray d'arcy show (you'll know what lm talking about if you're a regular listener) last thursday saying niamh always wears the same thing...the show emailed fair city producers about it & said basically she wears the same thing because she is a working mother & has no time to shop or put much effort into her "fashion". And l guess black is slimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

desbrook wrote: »

Samaritans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Niamh wears black for a very obvious reason - wheelie bin liners are invariably that colour !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

"I just want to go to bed...RIGHT NOW WITH YOU."

Oh God. Is it me or is FC ever more cringey than usual? I don't mind a bit of cringe, but Jesus.

No no the line before that had me laughing so hard....'you look so good in those pajamas' lol

Some good lines in that episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

edelweis wrote: »
    I thought the scene with Dermish in his boxers was priceless!! Very funny! I just wonder how Greyie got the part of the lover-boy when he's so mechanical, banging his little fists on the Station counter...he gives me the creeps, there must have been better actors looking for the part.....

I love luke :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement