Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

That awkward moment when you work in a Centra shop and Neasa comes in to buy toilet paper!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Degringola wrote: »
    Anyone know who the father of Suzanne's child, Hannah, is?
    Also did she say she names her after her grandmother, who was that?

His name was David I think.....he eventually scarpered off. He is Esther's son, who gave him up for adoption when he was born. He was a Thalidomide baby.

Hanna was Rita's mother who died a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is Carrigstown a little Principality not bound by Irish law regarding wills, property etc. The will reading, what was that? Whether or not Bela and Rita remarried, would he not have common-law rights when they lived together again, (if it was over 2 years?) and that alone would give him a claim to half the home, or in certain other cases, at least a right to live there for the remainder of his life. Anyway, the 'children' would hardly force their father to sell the house to get their share right away -would they? Judas Yvonne got in there. I think Bela is a great actor, locking that shower out.

Has Bela money of his own? I thought Yvonne was paying for everything.

That little man is acting like a toddler with his apoplectic horror at the mildest suggestions from Jo. I don't want your beef stew! Tantrums, then, I'm not going Sunday! Right! He looks like such a plonker. He has a field of palpable rage around him. His eyes bulge and bobble around. Real bag of laughs for Maeve. She must reckon she has absolutely no chance of any other offers. Hope he breaks his a*** skiing.

sorry I don't know much background of characters, just getting hooked lately.
    It's a soap,
    You'll have to suspend your disbelief somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

Why didnt Rita's brother vincent come to the funeral?

when FC updates there opening music are so many years i loved this

why did they change this

• Advertisement

random fair city , the face of jo , ah baby ben kill him now , jesus look at dermot at 4:30 he was huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

Its amazing all the "fans" that don't have a clue about fair city, all the stupid questions that get asked here like who is Rita? and who is pete? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Does anyone else think Ryan is like Fr Dougal Mcguire ?

His eyes darting all over and terrible terrible acting

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

random fair city , the face of jo , ah baby ben kill him now , jesus look at dermot at 4:30 he was huge

Christ almighty he was huge !!! And Joe was tiny !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

JDunphy wrote: »
    Its amazing all the "fans" that don't have a clue about fair city, all the stupid questions that get asked here like who is Rita? and who is pete? FFS

I didn't realise new fans were precluded.

However, as one of the illegal 'new fans' I must be among that number whom you contemptuously call a "fan", I do know who Rita is/was. And furthermore, know who Pete is. I also know he skives off away from Dolores to the better looking women in RAW, under pretense of being in the UK.
    and thanks to earlier poster, I know not to be too disbelieving about dramatic parting of the ways from truth in FC- because it is soap.

I must be almost a fan now, rather than a "fan".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

JDunphy wrote: »
    Why didnt Rita's brother vincent come to the funeral?

What a stupid question to ask !!!

It's obvious why Vincent wasn't there. A real fan wouldn't have to ask that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

CommanderC wrote: »
    What a stupid question to ask !!!

It's obvious why Vincent wasn't there. A real fan wouldn't have to ask that :rolleyes:

May I ask just one question.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

yes, only if the question is Stephen related, otherwise no :mad:

I jest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

You just did - omission of punctuation doesn't cut it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

my goodness, some post christmas depressions going on here? whats wrong with asking questions, and having previous storylines quiried? not everyone has been watching since it started.
    i didnt know rita had a brother? why is that a stupid question?....people can ask whatever they want? surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

iceblue wrote: »
    my goodness, some post christmas depressions going on here? whats wrong with asking questions, and having previous storylines quiried? not everyone has been watching since it started.
    i didnt know rita had a brother? why is that a stupid question?....people can ask whatever they want? surely?

*Stands up on the bus*

I also didn't know Rita had a brother!

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

*Stands up on the bus*

I also didn't know Rita had a brother!

I've been watching it on and off for a long time and I didn't know that she had a brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

When did Helen die? Was it before 1999? Because i don't remember her name being called out in the will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Local_Chap wrote: »
    When did Helen die? Was it before 1999? Because i don't remember her name being called out in the will

She died in 1998. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_past_Fair_City_characters

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Local_Chap wrote: »

'98

It was on the gravestone last week...born 1971, died 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 murphys12

that Ryan is painful to watch, such a woeful actor:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

murphys12 wrote: »
    that Ryan is painful to watch, such a woeful actor:rolleyes:
    Ryan is marmite .Personally love him. As for acting - I think he's playing the d**k***d to perfection .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Sarah The Horse McDowell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Zil2011 wrote: »
    Perhaps Rachel gets Helens share of the house?

AFAIR, they said that the will was done in 1999 before Rita & Bela reunited, Helen had died the previous year and IIRC, there was no mention of Helen in the will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I think her acting ability is hindered by a frozen forehead. Just a personal view on the art of acting and the importance to it of facial expression.

Ros na run... judging by the subtitles, I just don't find it so interesting that I'd want to learn Irish to watch it. Nobody I know ever watches it or talks about it. What kind of viewing figures does it get I wonder?

It's TG4's flagship show. Around the 200,000 mark I think.

I rarely hear anybody talk about Fair City, yet it gets about 500,000 viewers on a regular basis!

FC is one of the most watched shows on RTÉ so 200,000 is pretty good!

Couple of thoughts..

I like the new Louise - thought she's been really good since the awkward first scenes and the funeral stuff.. One of her first acting jobs, she's miles better than a lot of the 'talent' they normally use!

Ryan is growing on me too.. Have actually found him quite funny in the last few eps.. Hated him at first! No danger of an IFTA nomination anytime soon..

How is Eddie getting away with on here? he is as bad an actor as there's every been on FC! So wooden and unnatural.. Funny though!

Hope Suzanne is leaving again.. Very annoying.

Wth is going on with Dermish - he's obsessed.. Bin this storyline please!

Think that's all..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

I heard Stephan went on holidays to the virgin islands on holiday .... Now are just called " the islands"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

iceblue wrote: »

I think Rita had an affair with her brother.

Geri Male wrote: »

I think Rita had an affair with her brother.

Oh! You are OUTRAGEOUS.... .....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I heard Stephan went on holidays to the virgin islands on holiday .... Now are just called " the islands"
    :eek:
    :eek:

That must have been totally out of character for the bould Stephen - the best bloody barman in the whole western world. To my knowledge he has never laid so much as a finger on any of the Carrickstown lady folk despite the outrageous hedonistic behaviour of his fellow thespians.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement