Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,352 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Jesus, there is no consistency with the Fair City writers. They done a complete 360 with Niamh's character. First of all, the old Niamh would never come in the way of a father and his long lost son. And tonight, she was throwing away cake. That's probably the first time she has never eaten food. Tomorrow, we'll be seeing her exercising.

What have you got to compare with? When was Niamh ever in this situation with a husband? Rearing 3 children with him, some thug arrives on the doorstep acting the maggot, and she's meant to be like what? What 360 turn do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Randomiser wrote: »
    Although I don't think I would have threw away that tiny birthday cake if I were Niamh. Id've scoffed the lot!

That's what I was thinking last night :eek: What a waste of a chocolate cake...sin!

As for Dermot & Joe....I was hiding behind a cushion...crrrrrrringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paul is such a troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

walshb wrote: »
    What have you got to compare with? When was Niamh ever in this situation with a husband? Rearing 3 children with him, some thug arrives on the doorstep acting the maggot, and she's meant to be like what? What 360 turn do you mean?

walshb, niamh's character actions are completely out of sync with normal. True she was never in this exact situation but for her to completely be against this callum guy FROM THE START and regardless of whether he is a 'thug' or not. (you clearly missed or forgot callums first few episodes) is out of line of what we expect niamh as a character to react. If the writers hadnt aired the scenes when she was blackmailing callum to go away or telling Paul that it might be best not to find out the results, it may be a bit more acceptable but they overcomplicated it needlessly and once again altered a characters dynamics to suit a bit of drama. Its clear you are only concentrating on the 'thug' aspect (is he even that bad? More troubled and grieving than a thug) but try look beyond that.

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    walshb, niamh's character actions are completely out of sync with normal. True she was never in this exact situation but for her to completely be against this callum guy FROM THE START and regardless of whether he is a 'thug' or not. (you clearly missed or forgot callums first few episodes) is out of line of what we expect niamh as a character to react. If the writers hadnt aired the scenes when she was blackmailing callum to go away or telling Paul that it might be best not to find out the results, it may be a bit more acceptable but they overcomplicated it needlessly and once again altered a characters dynamics to suit a bit of drama. Its clear you are only concentrating on the 'thug' aspect (is he even that bad? More troubled and grieving than a thug) but try look beyond that.
    nah i'd say it's about par for the course....paul on the other hand is a psychopath if you look at his behaviour from throwing his weight around to cloud computing!

• Advertisement

Strange how Joe and dermot were talking about sex and dermot comes out with "I LOVE DIY" which we all know is "i'm going home for a w**k"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Gibbonw2 wrote: »

Uhhhm her first impression of him was him breaking in to their house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drkitkat

The DNA test results are wrong, Callum is not Paul's son. Don't ask me how I just know it.

Will he meet his brother soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit rich Bella to be lecturing Paul when he was throwing the leg over Linda and the dark haired one (can't remember her name) around the same time.

• Advertisement

Yea but in many years from now Paul will be lecturing some guy who did the nasty on Rachel, or Ruth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Funny the way there is Neasa, Caoimhe, Orla, Carol, Yvonne, Leo, Bela, etc. and all with no love in their lives. There is room for a young dating couple in there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bit rich Bella to be lecturing Paul when he was throwing the leg over Linda and the dark haired one (can't remember her name) around the same time.

Cliona.

so is fair city on 3 times a week now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Aaaagh - Ama's back ....

Guess what? She's Paul's daughter.

Great line Caddle - "It's a day in a cabbie, not de lead in Evita!"

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

"It's a day in the bleeding cab office, not the lead in Evita." Brilliant line from Carol there made me LOL!

Great to hear your man who plays Wayne advertising Hatton, your local goldsmiths! Maybe Wayne needs to sell some of Dolly's jewellery to make some of his lost money back!

Nice to see Wayne Gum emerge from his cocoon of misery and despair

• Advertisement

Nice to see Wayne Gum emerge from his cocoon of misery and despair

its like it never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

edelweis wrote: »
    Aaaagh - Ama's back ....

All sweetness and light now she has here feet under the table

Gossips & Bitches

And I wish people'd stop slagging off Niamh - she's a very good looking woman and is a credible character - imo

God I just love Carol and Yvonne when they bitch at each other!

but you can't deny she is a lard ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

actually, Ama is a stunner now that I've seen her in close up ;)

Paul's daughters are all good looking, must take after their Mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Little brother?? Tommy looks about ten years older

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

edelweis wrote: »
    And I wish people'd stop slagging off Niamh - she's a very good looking woman and is a credible character - imo
    She's a fine lump of a woman. She looked like a beached whale on the sofa tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement