Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the fire alarm scene kinda sucked :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Wayne malloy, the only man ever to dry his marigolds in a towel before taking them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Just watching "Circle of Friends" now on tv3 and the solicitor fella in Fair City (can't remember his name) is the creepy guy after Benny (Minnie Driver) in the movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

misschoo wrote: »
    Just watching "Circle of Friends" now on tv3 and the solicitor fella in Fair City (can't remember his name) is the creepy guy after Benny (Minnie Driver) in the movie!

That's not him, Sean Walsh was played by Alan Cumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Aahhh - God looks the spit of him 20 years younger!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

did i hear right...tommy dillon called everyone a prostitute in the station tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Jocelynel wrote: »
    did i hear right...tommy dillon called everyone a prostitute in the station tonight...

He was on a bit of a roll tonight, calling them all prostitutes, but to say to Caoimhe that she was going to be a bigger slut than her mother was pretty unforgivable in my opinion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

He was on a bit of a roll tonight, calling them all prostitutes, but to say to Caoimhe that she was going to be a bigger slut than her mother was pretty unforgivable in my opinion!!!

omg, he was way out of order, he has some grovelling to do on sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

No episode this Sunday unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

If only the rest of the Garda were like officer "slick" deegan. Alma says she doesn't want to make a statement outside the pig but that doesn't deter slick knocking around to her gaf a few hours later asking again does she want to make a statement. Take note Garda of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Don't get the Niamh criticism. She's a voluptuous beauty.

I think Niamh is very good looking but I don't think they make the most of her with the clothes they put on her. I'd say she'd be stunning if she was dressed better. The Fair City wardrobe really lets her down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

That's not him, Sean Walsh was played by Alan Cumming.

I dispise that man. That eposide wasn't great, storyline is going very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Karen23 wrote: »
    I think Niamh is very good looking but I don't think they make the most of her with the clothes they put on her. I'd say she'd be stunning if she was dressed better. The Fair City wardrobe really lets her down.

Totally agree, I think the way some people here are always b!tching about her is out of line. We can't all be 5ft 10 stunners!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Totally agree, I think the way some people here are always b!tching about her is out of line. We can't all be 5ft 10 stunners!!!
    She's a good looking woman but she needs to get fitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

She's a good looking woman but she needs to get fitter.
    I agree, but why can we not state the bleedin' obvious? ('the elephant in the room').
    Clearly Niamh is 'out of shape' and dressing her in dark, dowdy clothes only draws attention to the fact. Also the credibility of the storyline where having come into 500k she still wears the same old black clothes week in-week out. I think her character and her portrayal of it is well open to criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I agree, but why can we not state the bleedin' obvious? ('the elephant in the room').
    Clearly Niamh is 'out of shape' and dressing her in dark, dowdy clothes only draws attention to the fact. Also the credibility of the storyline where having come into 500k she still wears the same old black clothes week in-week out. I think her character and her portrayal of it is well open to criticism.

I think people are mixing up the character and the actress, it's the character that wears the dowdy black clothes and is being a pain. The actress is overweight but it's not for other people to comment so rudely about it.

Her appearance is not the same as her ability or lack of to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Or should any 'overweight' people not be allowed on soaps ( or on TV at all ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

As far as I'm concerned you answered your own question. State the obvious, try and come up with a bit of originality

As for your last point her character and her portrayal is open to criticism, where does it say her character needs to be skinny?

Im not overweight myself but theres nothing that gets me riled up more than seeing sh1tty comments about womens appearances especially women who slag off other women and how fat/thin they are etc.
    There should be a rule on forums that people who slate others over their looks should enclose a photo of themselves so they can be judged

when queen nessa gonna be brought down a peg of two she sleeped with damion to pay of her debts or is that forgotton all about

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I can't see any comeback from that one!....just short of saying..."look at ya there in your shkirt"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

pookiesboo wrote: »
    As for your last point her character and her portrayal is open to criticism, where does it say her character needs to be skinny?
    No one did suggest she must be skinny - the point is she is now a half millionaire and she still wears the same clothes every episode, that is just not credible.
    Are we now not allowed to call someone fat? what about handsome? is that ok?
    In the real world looks are important. The fashion industry and publications such as 'look', 'hello', 'now' and 'VIP' are all based on peoples’ appearance. Celebs that have lost weight, put on weight and so on, but its not all right to criticise poor old Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

No one did suggest she must be skinny - the point is she is now a half millionaire and she still wears the same clothes every episode, that is just not credible.
    Are we now not allowed to call someone fat? what about handsome? is that ok?
    In the real world looks are important. The fashion industry and publications such as 'look', 'hello', 'now' and 'VIP' are all based on peoples’ appearance. Celebs that have lost weight, put on weight and so on, but its not all right to criticise poor old Niamh.

Your first point about her her clothes has nothing to do with the actress but the RTE wardrobe dept. Also saying its not credible, when has any Fair City storyline been credible?!

As for your 'point' about magazines. have no idea what that has to do with calling the actress who plays her, fat?! When did I say anything about glossy mags?

Maybe looks are important in high end fashion mags and pop stars, Hollywood actresses etc. a D rate soap set in Dublin not really. If its that important to you in soaps then I'd switch over to Hollyoaks

As for 'not able to criticise poor old Niamh', shes hardly poor, remember shes now a half millionaire

I just don't like when people hide behind their keyboard making sh1tty comments about how people look but you're right say what you want, you're entitled to your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray is Niamh's step father or was he not married to Gina before she died?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ray is Niamh's step father or was he not married to Gina before she died?

I could be wrong, but I thought she died by a car accident by Barry on the day they got married ??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

That was a terrible comment by Tommy to his girls :mad:

He's starting to lose it completely..looks like he hasn't washed or shaved in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I could be wrong, but I thought she died by a car accident by Barry on the day they got married ??

Paul made some comment about Ray being the owner's wife's cousin in law that is why I asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

We need a kind hearted life long Fair City fan to fill in Wikipedia for us... Or start a Fair City wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Paul made some comment about Ray being the owner's wife's cousin in law that is why I asked

Ye I thought the same. Wouldn't he be the garage owners wife's stepfather ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

What ever happened to the ginja fella Rachel was seeing that Charlotte slept with as well?

I still dont understand how Rachel and Charlotte are best friends :confused:

I don't get why ANYONE would be friends with Charlotte she is horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Very uncool of Pete and Damion to expect Tommy to work for Luke under the circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement