Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Hitchens wrote: »
    I've a horse too, boss :pac:

great - how about a good hard ride :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

desbrook wrote: »
    it's hardly " real life " that a young woman like Niamh would never comment on her size as indeed Vivienne who is meant to work in a doctors surgery! Nobody wants to watch a public information film but there's just no credibility there !

It's perfectly plausible that someone would never mention their weight if they were embarrassed by it. I know lots of overweight people who never ever talk about it- as I said before, they know about it already, and they DEFINITELY won't want to talk about it if they are ashamed of it. Besides- Fair City is a soap that is scripted. The script writers are hardly going to put in something about her weight in Clelia Murphy's script for God's sake!

I have many issues with Fair City so I only watch it from time to time (some really shocking acting at times, very cringe dialogue often) but in fairness Clelia Murphy's weight is not something for any of us as viewers to be bothered about.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why no FC tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Meangadh wrote: »
    It's perfectly plausible that someone would never mention their weight if they were embarrassed by it. I know lots of overweight people who never ever talk about it- as I said before, they know about it already, and they DEFINITELY won't want to talk about it if they are ashamed of it. Besides- Fair City is a soap that is scripted. The script writers are hardly going to put in something about her weight in Clelia Murphy's script for God's sake!

I have many issues with Fair City so I only watch it from time to time (some really shocking acting at times, very cringe dialogue often) but in fairness Clelia Murphy's weight is not something for any of us as viewers to be bothered about.

I blame the rotundness of certain of the FC actors on the Hungry Pig and the high calorie nature of its cuisine. The posters who are slagging off Niamh Brennan should redirect their wrath in the direction of none other than the contemptible Bob Charles.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why no FC tonight?

its only on 3 days a week now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Yes - to allow the cast more time to exercise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Is no Sunday episode going to be a regular thing ?? I thought it was just a one off.

Anyone know why?

Karen23 wrote: »
    Is no Sunday episode going to be a regular thing ?? I thought it was just a one off.

we dont know , god knows if fair city tell us anything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Fair City was not shown yesterday due to budgetary reasons, it will not be shown on the June bank holiday either. RTE claim the ratings are much lower on bank holidays, and that will hit the advertising revenue.

See: Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Vahevala wrote: »
    Fair City was not shown yesterday due to budgetary reasons, it will not be shown on the June bank holiday either. RTE claim the ratings are much lower on bank holidays, and that will hit the advertising revenue.

This **** and the Tommy, Luke and Judith storyline, ah can't be bothered watching it anymore going to take it off my record on the box. **** you RTE.

Vahevala wrote: »

just so i understand , fc will not be shown on sundays when its a bank holiday

i can understand that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

when queen nessa gonna be brought down a peg of two she sleeped with damion to pay of her debts or is that forgotton all about

I wish she owed me a few bob :P

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Slightly off topic, but are the continuity announcers on RTE one on Nitrazepam?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

A catfight between Carol and Suzanne will make good viewing!

WTF was that scene before the break supposed to be with Tommy revving the engine?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Randomiser wrote: »
    WTF was that scene before the break supposed to be with Tommy revving the engine?????

He's considering becoming a street racer.

Is Pete psychic? How did he know Tommy was some kind of danger when Tommy wasn't even moving the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

oh sweet mother - that one needs a good rollocking....

best quote from Niamh "well he didn't lick it off the stones!"

Callum is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Deegan Does Dogging Volume 1 now available on all good pron sites!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Luke and Tommy have a violent showdown
    Airs Wednesday, May 8 2013 at 20:00

Damien sees Tommy passed out on a park bench with an empty bottle of whiskey. At the same time, Judith decides to tell the girls that she'll be going away for a while. Neasa tells her not to hurry back, but when Judith leaves, the girls break down. Later, Judith sees a drunken Tommy, who tells her that she can't go. However, Judith goads him by telling him that all through their marriage she only ever thought about Luke.

As the day continues, Luke comes to the Station and notices Tommy coming from upstairs. Tommy punches Luke and a fight breaks out. Luke pushes Tommy downstairs and walks away, leaving him unable to stand at the bottom of the stairs.

Meanwhile, Paul warns Callum that he hopes he was careful with Caoimhe as he doesn't want any mistakes, referring to unwanted pregnancies. Callum gets touchy and takes it that Paul was referring to him as a mistake. Soon afterwards, Callum goes to Caoimhe and asks her out, but she wants nothing to do with him. Later, Paul tells Niamh that he has blown it with Callum, but father and son later make up. Callum promises Paul that he'll be on his best behaviour.

Elsewhere, a furious Yvonne is forced to pay up when Carol discovers the truth, while Deegan warns Ama that she should get her papers in order as sooner or later someone will make a call on her.

Tommy is rushed to hospital
    Airs Thursday, May 9 2013 at 20:00
    Tommy lies unconscious on the floor of the Station. Neasa returns to the Station and finds Tommy. Soon afterwards, she watches in horror as the paramedics work on her father. They stabilise Tommy and Neasa goes with him in the ambulance.

Later, much to Luke's exasperation, Judith gets the taxi to take them to the hospital instead of the airport. In the hospital, Luke is horrified to discover that he has caused Tommy's injury, though he keeps quiet about it. Judith breaks the news to the girls that there is a possibility that Tommy is paralysed. Tommy is wheeled out to another room in front of his family, and Luke is shocked to see the state Tommy is in.

Meanwhile, Paul and Callum settle into an afternoon of computer games. Engrossed in the games, Paul doesn't notice Rachel phoning him to get him to drop her homework into school. Niamh complains to Orla about Paul taking a day off work to spend with Callum. Just then, she gets a panicked call from Rachel, who hasn't been able to get through to Paul. Niamh then has to drop everything to sort it out. Callum is starting to open up to Paul when a livid Niamh barges in and throws Callum's bag off Rachel's project. She complains to Paul for not answering his phone and storms out with the project.

Elsewhere, Wayne is shocked to see Dolores behind the counter at Phelans, while Yvonne turns up at the cab office and pays Carol five hundred euro in coins.

Tommy regains consciousness
    Airs Sunday, May 12 2013 at 20:00
    As Tommy returns from surgery, Judith gets upset at how weak and vulnerable he is. She tells Luke that she blames herself for Tommy's accident. Luke comes close to telling her about their fight, but can't. Soon afterwards, the doctor reassures the Dillons that Tommy will wake soon, but warns them that someone should be with him at all times, as he will get a shock to discover that he can't move his legs. Caoimhe asks if the paralysis will be permanent. The family are devastated to learn that there is no guarantee that he will fully recover - they will just have to be patient.

Later, Zak and Judith are by Tommy's bed when he starts to come to. Tommy is a bit hazy and can't remember the accident. Judith asks everyone to leave the room and breaks the news to Tommy that he won't be able to walk.

Meanwhile, Rachel is impressed when she catches Callum rolling a joint. She heads out with him for the day. Sitting out in the park, Callum shares the joint with Rachel, but she soon throws up. Paul and Niamh come across them and are shocked to see Callum stoned and Rachel ill. Niamh takes Rachel home, while Paul rebukes Callum. However, Callum doesn't take much notice of Paul and walks away from him.

Elsewhere, Yvonne is not pleased as Carol's fling with Farrell progresses, while Dolores lets rip at Val.

Luke panics over the Station's CCTV
    Airs Wednesday, May 15 2013 at 20:00

Tommy tells Judith that he doesn't want her pity and she should leave, adding that their children shouldn't visit either. Not wanting to upset him further, she goes. Judith meets the girls and tells them to give Tommy space, but they refuse to listen to her. Neasa, Zak and Caoimhe then have an awkward visit with Tommy. Caoimhe gets annoyed with Tommy feeling sorry for himself and stomps off, while Zak tries in vain to talk to his dad.

Later, Luke calls to the Station to drop some cheques off. He is horrified when he realises that his fight with Tommy could have been captured on CCTV. Soon afterwards, Neasa goes back to work and walks in on Luke watching the fight back from the security cameras. He distracts Neasa with business, deletes the footage from the hard drive, and pockets the DVD copy. As Luke agonises over what to do with the DVD, Judith approaches him and complains about his lack of support to her.

Meanwhile, Niamh tells Paul that Callum is not welcome into their home until he has sorted himself out. Paul tells Callum to stop taking drugs and gives him a soft clip at the back of his head. However, Callum squares up to Paul, who is shocked by his aggression. Later, with his ego needing a boost, Callum gives into Charlotte's advances. They disappear into the lock-up, and Charlotte loses her virginity to Callum. He immediately regrets it and gives her the brush off, but Charlotte is so loved up she doesn't notice his hurry to get away from her. Not long afterwards, Callum bumps into Caoimhe outside the Station. They apologise to each other and Caoimhe asks Callum back to hers. He leans in and kisses her, just as a heartbroken Charlotte passes.

Elsewhere, Carol fumes at Yvonne's latest trick, and can Wayne lower his standards by accepting Orla's job offer?

Luke and Judith's romance comes under strain
    Airs Thursday, May 16 2013 at 20:00
    Luke promises Judith that he'll be more supportive, but makes up an excuse to avoid visiting Tommy. Soon afterwards, Luke seeks Vivienne's advice on rehabilitation centres for Tommy, anxious for him to recover. When Luke tells Judith about the various options, she accuses him of trying to get Tommy into care so they can move on. She grabs his folder to look at the research he has done, but the CCTV DVD falls out. Judith picks it up, but Luke grabs it off her and tells her that it's account information from the Station. As the pair continue to argue, Judith doesn't believe that Luke has Tommy's best interests at heart.

Later, Luke goes to visit Tommy, who is sedated. Luke watches Tommy while he sleeps, before taking the DVD out of his pocket, snapping it in half and throwing it into a bin.

Meanwhile, Callum meets Niamh in Phelans and enjoys winding her up about her mothering skills. Niamh demands that Paul take action with Callum. When Paul catches up with Callum in McCoys, a fight breaks out between them. Shortly afterwards, Charlotte intercepts Callum going into the Station, but he tells her to find someone her own age. Caoimhe then arrives out to meet Callum and laughs in Charlotte's face.

Later, a heartbroken Charlotte bumps into Paddy in the Hungry Pig. Paddy notices that she has been crying and Charlotte opens up to him about Callum. Paddy is raging, but Charlotte makes him promise not to tell anyone or to do anything.

Elsewhere, Leo's man-flu throws Carol into a childcare crisis, and can Wayne impress Dolores with his new job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Randomiser wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but are the continuity announcers on RTE one on Nitrazepam?

I think they're on Mogadon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did anyone else think that Tommy was doing a father jack impersonation in the pub on the armchair? I was waiting for him to say drink feck girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Since when do young people get naked in the back of cars in broad daylight, in what looked like the middle of the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Have to say that I thought tommy played quite a good drunk.

Paul is really annoying me, feel sorry for Niamh. I would kill him if I was married to him (metaphorically speaking if course).

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

ryanf1 wrote: »
    A catfight between Carol and Suzanne will make good viewing!
    I thaught Suzanne was in australia

jjf1974 wrote: »
    I thaught Suzanne was in australia

That's why it will make good viewing

So who will get knocked up first by Callum, Caoimhe or Charlotte :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who will get knocked up first by Callum, Caoimhe or Charlotte :P
    probably neither, both mammys have handy access to the MAP :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement