Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Eh.. Farrell spilling Yvonnes information to Carol... Could Yvonne not sue the ar*e off him for that? Breach of confidential info?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FC should keep Tommy as an angry drunk always :P he is gas imo

Farrell reminds me of a camper posh version of Dermot

am i the only one thinking FC fight scenes has much improved they must be reading this thread lol

dermot punch to tommy was great
    so was tommy punch to luke

tommy falling down the stairs was equally good

also yvonna vs carol funny as always

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

am i the only one thinking FC fight scenes has much improved they must be reading this thread lol

Tommy falling down the stairs, he held onto to the railing all the way down not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

THE BAG HAS BEEN FOUND

He get my bag.

A new line for AMA !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

edelweis wrote: »
    Unisex loos at the Station - who'd have thought?

Perhaps the Station will become the first Gay pub on national TV. They should also put a ? between the Mens and Ladies! They can also put on an outrageous genderbending Drag Act.......

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Agree that Dermot's punch to tommy was excellent. The fall down the stairs tonight was flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Felt a sea sick from Tommy and Luke on the stairs.

Credit to Fair city it excellent at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Caoimhe: Middle aged-Ah-Loser

Ama: You've bin such a good fend

Was it ironic when Telly Savalas/Paul looked at Caoimhe and said: Not Hoor.

The Station curiously has the ducks from Coronation Street, Hilda Ogden's old house. Blackie's much improved since Christmas creepy stalker episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Damien: Vulnerable young girl on the streets? We both know how that ends up, don't we?

Deegan: ...she gets taken in by Dolores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Great to see Caddle back in top form .. The one liners are top class Caddle

Merrilady wrote: »

Benjy must be very proud of his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Merrilady wrote: »

Yvonne wonders how Caddle will pay Faddle's bill. "I bet it won't be standing up." Caddle shoots right back with "You got that right." Another great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Amazing how Deegan spends so much time and energy on a stolen handbag but fails to notice a certain cab office owner hasn't let his daughter see daylight in months ! Paddy bishop got out more than her when he was in the 'joy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Cathyht wrote: »
    Niamh's weight is noticeable, apart from the fact that it doesn't really Look great, it is UNHEALTHY. She isn't doing a thing about it either fond of getting her 11s, takeaways etc. Some things need to be written into the story line and if a character or the actress who plays her is overweight, the storyline should do things to say it is time for her to do something about it. A person suddenly receiving a lot of money would do some self improvement, certainly clothes, hair, gym should be high in priority. We have an epidemic of obesity, and the many problems it brings, social and medical. Are we supposed to kill these people with kindness or say the truth? It isn't healthy for a human to be stones above their proper body weight.

God these posts just annoy the ****e out of me. The girl is an actress in a soap. She does her job very well. Her job is not to promote healthy eating or to get thin because some narrow minded people do not 'approve' of her appearance. It is nobody's business. Do you go up to people in the street who are overweight and tell them to go on a diet? What the hell has her weight got to do with her performance? I think we can all think of some fat rich women who don't get skinny just because they're loaded.
    Get a grip and mind your own business.

desbrook wrote: »
    Amazing how Deegan spends so much time and energy on a stolen handbag but fails to notice a certain cab office owner hasn't let his daughter see daylight in months ! Paddy bishop got out more than her when he was in the 'joy :D

I thought Shannon was gone off to see her mother

why does yvonne hate carol so much ? am i missing something carol never did no wrong to her

why does yvonne hate carol so much ? am i missing something carol never did no wrong to her

Yvonne is on Team Louie :P

Yvonne and Carol were quite good friends when Carol was with Louie, I think Carol even lived with Yvonne at one time

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    God these posts just annoy the ****e out of me. The girl is an actress in a soap. She does her job very well. Her job is not to promote healthy eating or to get thin because some narrow minded people do not 'approve' of her appearance. It is nobody's business. Do you go up to people in the street who are overweight and tell them to go on a diet? What the hell has her weight got to do with her performance? I think we can all think of some fat rich women who don't get skinny just because they're loaded.
    Get a grip and mind your own business.[/QUOTE

How many pages did you have to go back to get that post? A week is a long time in politics. Looks like YOU are the one who wants to keep it going.

I was saying what I believed about FC actresses and actors on a thread devoted to all aspects of FC. Is there free speech here or what? The obesity was annoying me and I felt there ARE indeed far too many unhealthy people in the street and now in soaps. It is shoved down our throats, as it were.

Anyway I'm thinking of other things now, I'm not at all as obsessed with weight because I have no issue with my own. It seems to be a different story with posters on here trying to stamp out any acknowledgement that someone right there on the 48 inch wiiiiiiiiide screen has ballooned out of all proportion. And it has ruined her. So you can stop chawing the rag like broken records, you and others like you are the ones keeping it alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Get a grip and mind your own business.

A few basic points were trying to be made :

1- anyone who tries to say an actor/actres's weight is not important career wise is living in cloud cuckoo land ! after modelling its the one job where it's very central .

2- Being overweight is a serious risk to your health . It can kill .

3 - This country's population is getting heavier - and heavier younger . Take a look at a sixth-class class photo from 2013 and compare to similar 1980's one . Stark isn't the word .

4 - Several characters are seriously overweight/obese in FC . "Niamh" being the youngest .

5- While it's debatable whether pre-9pm soaps should promote health eating etc. they shouldn't promote dangerous lifestyle choices by normalising them . Smoking is on TV is already legally curtailed for this reason .

6- Apologies for being "impolite " talking about weight . However this changes over time . There was a time when a doctor considered it impolite to ask a patient to extinguish their cigarette . Only 10-15 years ago a it was impolite not to allow a house guest to smoke .

• Advertisement

As I obliging provided a photo or two - seeing it was apparently mandate for opining on appearance - I now apply that requirement for anyone responding to or quoting MY posts they dig up from 9 pages ago.

Take it to the Health & Fitness forum please and lets move on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I love the dillon sisters....the rest of the family can all fall down spiral staircases for all i care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Get a grip and mind your own business.[/QUOTE

How many pages did you have to go back to get that post? A week is a long time in politics. Looks like YOU are the one who wants to keep it going.

I was saying what I believed about FC actresses and actors on a thread devoted to all aspects of FC. Is there free speech here or what? The obesity was annoying me and I felt there ARE indeed far too many unhealthy people in the street and now in soaps. It is shoved down our throats, as it were.

Anyway I'm thinking of other things now, I'm not at all as obsessed with weight because I have no issue with my own. It seems to be a different story with posters on here trying to stamp out any acknowledgement that someone right there on the 48 inch wiiiiiiiiide screen has ballooned out of all proportion. And it has ruined her. So you can stop chawing the rag like broken records, you and others like you are the ones keeping it alive.

Says the person who sent me a PM to let me know she was posting up pictures of herself. Thanks for the laugh! :pac:

I love the dillon sisters....the rest of the family can all fall down spiral staircases for all i care
    I don't like them their false accents are very hard on the ears. At least Tommy doesn't fake his accent. You could nearly sue rte because of damage to your ears especially from listening to the young fella of the dillions. Ear grating stuff.

pookiesboo wrote: »

Says the person who sent me a PM to let me know she was posting up pictures of herself. Thanks for the laugh! :pac:
    pictures where? Let us see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Sam Kade wrote: »
    pookiesboo wrote: »
    pictures where? Let us see them.

Please not again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Although Niamh may be carrying few lbs, she's far from King Kong for chrissake. She represents a hell of alot of people in society today. Those who are carrying a few extra lbs. Big bloody deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Normally I like to think that people involved in Fair City see this thread to get viewer reaction or steal the odd joke, but now I really hope Niamh's actress or any of the cast or crew don't see this totally uncalled for insult tirade that goes way beyond jokes about someone's acting (Leo, Ben) mannerisms (Jo, Ama) or physical appearance (Wayne's ears, Val's girning mug) that have previously appeared on this thread.

If people want to go to the health or TV general section of boards and make a thread on "Why fat people should be banned from visual media", then have at it, hoss. But can we please get this thread back to talking about dodgy Kilkenny accents, bags to be got, rickety pub staircases and what's best for Ben?

• Advertisement

can we all stop talking about people weight

we ALL come in different shapes and sizes if we were all the same we be very boring

im a gay guy and niamh is a very good looking lady

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement