Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi signal booster??

Options
  • 11-01-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I don't know if I am in the right place for this.

Having problems with Eircom the last while and put it on the back burner. Was planning on just moving to UPC but because of the alarm the family want to stay with eircom so want to give them a chance to help us sort the issues. 

The signal is just terrible. So slow. It is worse than ever in last few months. The internet is in our spare room downstairs where the PC is set up, the signal barey reaches my bedroom upstairs. I recently bought a smart tv which is basically useless to me because the signal is so bad. I had a technician from Samsung out to look at the tv because we thought there was a fault in it. He said the fault was purely with Eircom and couldn't believe the signal and speed we were getting though the whole house for the package we are paying for.

In the last couple of weeks my phone and laptop arent even picking up a signal in the next rooms. It is not even registering on my phone, I kept going to the room to make sure the box was on, everything on and flashing normally.

Everytime I have contacted Eircom I am told it is not their problem so I have given up ringing them at this stage. I had to report to Comreg at one stage because of the issues and lack of customer service being received. I am sure there is a note of previous issues. Had too much hassle the last time I rang to put myself under that stress again. I am in work all day and don't have in the evenings to hold for hours.

A couple of years ago I cancelled our service and then re-orderd so we could have a new modem to see if that sorted issues. When I connected it it was taking over 5 minutes for a page to load, obviosuly I rang Eircom to see what the problem was and he was like oh I need to just turn your Next Generation service on.

It is really slow, not connecting, not getting any way decent signal anywhere in the house. I have disconnected it from the pc to see if that would speed things up but there has been no improvement. I don't know where to go from here. Please help me. Can I get a signal booster? What can I do? All I want is a working broadband service.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lisamp wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't know if I am in the right place for this.

Having problems with Eircom the last while and put it on the back burner. Was planning on just moving to UPC but because of the alarm the family want to stay with eircom so want to give them a chance to help us sort the issues. 

The signal is just terrible. So slow. It is worse than ever in last few months. The internet is in our spare room downstairs where the PC is set up, the signal barey reaches my bedroom upstairs. I recently bought a smart tv which is basically useless to me because the signal is so bad. I had a technician from Samsung out to look at the tv because we thought there was a fault in it. He said the fault was purely with Eircom and couldn't believe the signal and speed we were getting though the whole house for the package we are paying for.

In the last couple of weeks my phone and laptop arent even picking up a signal in the next rooms. It is not even registering on my phone, I kept going to the room to make sure the box was on, everything on and flashing normally.

Everytime I have contacted Eircom I am told it is not their problem so I have given up ringing them at this stage. I had to report to Comreg at one stage because of the issues and lack of customer service being received. I am sure there is a note of previous issues. Had too much hassle the last time I rang to put myself under that stress again. I am in work all day and don't have in the evenings to hold for hours.

A couple of years ago I cancelled our service and then re-orderd so we could have a new modem to see if that sorted issues. When I connected it it was taking over 5 minutes for a page to load, obviosuly I rang Eircom to see what the problem was and he was like oh I need to just turn your Next Generation service on.

It is really slow, not connecting, not getting any way decent signal anywhere in the house. I have disconnected it from the pc to see if that would speed things up but there has been no improvement. I don't know where to go from here. Please help me. Can I get a signal booster? What can I do? All I want is a working broadband service.

Thanks.
    Hi lisamp

Can you send me your landline number please? I will look into this and run a few tests. Also, Can you inform me if speeds / service improve when connected by ethernet cable from your laptop/device directly to the modem with WIFI turned off?

Regards

Al

Advertisement