Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they still take into account your LC maths?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Just curious if colleges take into account your LC maths results when applying as a mature student, or do they make you sit a test etc?

Im absolutely terrible at maths, failed in the LC, attempting to get do it again and it looks like another fail. Might just wait until Im a mature student before applying anywhere, as it seems I have no hope otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

they don't generally but they do question it, i was questioned about it and it hurt me in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you are aiming to do a Science, Engineering or IT course then even if the college does not list FETAC or Leaving Cert Maths as a necessary requirement for the course they may still require a decent level of ability in the subject.

The handiest thing to do is to see what the story is with regard to the courses that specifically interest you. You can contact the various course directors, etc who can give you a good idea of what level of Maths is needed.

Advertisement