Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item not in original packaging

Options
  • 11-01-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Bought a bed but when we went to collect it part of it was missing. We brought it home and unwrapped it to ensure everything was ok. Cue 3 weeks later and we still haven't received the rest if it.

The shop keeps fobbing us off saying it'll be in next week or tomorrow but it still isn't in. My question is can we return the bed? We can't go any longer without it.

We've paid a deposit and will pay for it when we get it...will this make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Since every promise given by the retailer to date has been broken you can cancel the contract, return the bed and get every cent of the deposit paid so far refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Bought a bed but when we went to collect it part of it was missing. We brought it home and unwrapped it to ensure everything was ok. Cue 3 weeks later and we still haven't received the rest if it.

The shop keeps fobbing us off saying it'll be in next week or tomorrow but it still isn't in. My question is can we return the bed? We can't go any longer without it.

We've paid a deposit and will pay for it when we get it...will this make a difference?

I'm confused they have your deposit and you've to pay the balance?

I'd tell them you're rejecting the goods and when they turn up to collect the bit you have they had better bring your cash with them. Write a letter don't phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Since every promise given by the retailer to date has been broken you can cancel the contract, return the bed and get every cent of the deposit paid so far refunded.

Agreed, bring it back into them and tell them that you are canceling your contract with them as is your right under the sale of goods act, unless you like the bed and can agree a date when the missing part arrives...

Advertisement