Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Beers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

May go in for the first game Adrian.. cant be on the beer late into a school night!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've Monday off, but yeah the first game should be done by about 11 anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

May go in for the first game Adrian.. cant be on the beer late into a school night!

Anyone else coming in for this?

Also, anyone heading out for the Superbowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I would love to but I've an exam the next day. Going with 2 friends to the Woolshed for the Superbowl. Hopefully see some of you there!

Woolshed was a bit mad last year with a lot of people falling all over the place, makes for a good night but can be difficult to really take in the game.

I'm in 2 minds about going there because you need to get in pretty early...

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Woolshed was a bit mad last year with a lot of people falling all over the place, makes for a good night but can be difficult to really take in the game.

I'm in 2 minds about going there because you need to get in pretty early...

If you buy the seats is it not as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Am I the only cork lad or what? :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    If you buy the seats is it not as bad?

Well you can show up when you like, no need to worry about not getting in. It usually gets full early and they stop letting people in.

Seats on sale at 5pm today apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah lads ill be in the woolshed for the superbowl with a few mates, I'll be the guy in my ravens jersey ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Am I the only cork lad or what? :pac:

Nerd is from Cork, but he is away at moment

• Advertisement

Well you can show up when you like, no need to worry about not getting in. It usually gets full early and they stop letting people in.

Seats on sale at 5pm today apparently.

Even with tickets?

No, I think if you have a reserved seat they'll let you in alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads, how about the Friday after the SB for this?

That could work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep

Cool, thoughts on a venue?

Will put up a poll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Anywhere central like before.

Where are people coming in from?

Would against the grain work for people?

Probably gonna have a match lads!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Probably gonna have a match lads!

Afterwards...

• Advertisement

Now with added Poll!

IF you want a venue added just stick it in here and myself or dave will update the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm easy wherever. Here is a map w/locations for the less knowledgeable of us :o

http://goo.gl/maps/AxDDz

Porterhouse at the end of grafting street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Mmmm wish I had voted for against the grain .

We can start and then go somewhere else..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

12 Pubs....only with 4 pubs. Ya know, for the 4 downs.

1st and 10 in pub 1.
    Play call of 3 options.
    Run up the middle for a short gain: Everybody downs 3 shots in 30 seconds.

Play-Action-Pass to the TE on an out route for 5-7 yards. Everybody drinks some horrible multicoloured drink that the barman made up on the spot containing drinks you have never heard of.

Shotgun Spread All Go: Start with 10 pushups to get the blood flowing. Then down the Commisioners choice. Do another 10 pushups. Then down the Super Bowl champs choice. Then another 10 pushups followed by a 40 yard dash to the door.

2nd and 7 in Pub 2.
    Same again. Short, medium and long gains.

Enforce some sort of penalty for an incompletion or a fumble. If we don't make it to the down marker we start all over again.

No, just me then? :pac:

dave... that actually sounds awesome...

Right lads this will start in the Bleeding Horse and then we may move down Camden Street.

So far its myself, Danger D, Davetherave, Adrian, Berty and Santry is maybe (depends if he's bench warming or not)

If you live in Dublin (or if you country lads can get up) please do come in for a beer or 2 it'll be good fun and it defintely adds to the banter if during games and in general on the forum!

Dont forget if youre not there, we're discussing how to beat you....

• Advertisement

Dont forget if youre not there, we're discussing how to beat you....

For me... thats just make me pass the ball!

A quality reply Adrian i must say!:D

Advertisement