Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sync game saves via Google Drive?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

Got a new PC (go me!!) and am wondering if this will work. I have my game on my laptop but am wondering if I could play it on either computer without having to copy and paste the save game each time? I know you can sync files (sometimes very slowly), but will it work with game saves, or will it always save to the saves folder instead?

I have Steam disabled and no intention of re-enabling it, so thats not an option even if it does what I'm asking about. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

It works with Dropbox by syncing the save game folders, assuming Google Drive is similar, it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yakult wrote: »
    It works with Dropbox by syncing the save game folders, assuming Google Drive is similar, it should work.

It does sorta work. It seems to have to re-sync everytime the computer is turned on so it's not much use if you want to play straight away, you have to wait for it to all sync again. Was going to try drop box next so glad to hear it works on that.

Advertisement