Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15KG of dog food?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere to get Bakers complete or the like in big bags cheap?

Woodies want something like €45 a bag, would rather pay the extra €15 for Royal Canin.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anthony1

www.amazon.co.uk deliver some dog food to Ireland including Bakers Complete. If your order is over a certain value, then the postage can be free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bakers-Complete-Chicken-Vegetables-15/dp/B002SPIRTG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357924617&sr=8-4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Davy wrote: »

Thanks, only issue is I need food tomorrow!

Thanks, only issue is I need food tomorrow!

Petworld direct have shops around ireland

http://www.petworlddirect.ie/section/OurShops

Petworld Athlone Click Here »
    Petworld Dublin Click Here »
    Petworld Galway Briarhill Click Here »
    Petworld Galway Terryland Click Here »
    Petworld Mullingar Click Here»
    Petworld Portlaoise Click Here»
    Petworld Turlough Castlebar @ Horkans Lifestyle & Garden Centre Click Here »
    Petworld Sligo @ Horkans Lifestyle & Garden Centre Click Here »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Anyone know anywhere to get Bakers complete or the like in big bags cheap?

Woodies want something like €45 a bag, would rather pay the extra €15 for Royal Canin.

Thanks,

I buy the Bakers off Amazon all the time - they stopped shipping it for a while but OK again now. Even my postman buys it off Amazon now after me telling him the saving... this as he hauled 15kg to the door.

Woodies are ripping us off on this! I was up in NI and it can be bought off the shelf in Sainsburys for £21. No reason why woodies have hiked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dublindogguy

Feed anything but Bakers, half the ingredients are banned from many countries all over the world. Gain Lifesize is only about €35 for a 15kg bag and is so much better. Bakers is mainly cereal and animal derrivitives.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

I bought Royal Canin Giant Junior 15kg for €56 in Petstop in Airside yesterday. IMO it really is worth a few quid extra than the likes of Bakers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I buy the Bakers off Amazon all the time - they stopped shipping it for a while but OK again now. Even my postman buys it off Amazon now after me telling him the saving... this as he hauled 15kg to the door.

Woodies are ripping us off on this! I was up in NI and it can be bought off the shelf in Sainsburys for £21. No reason why woodies have hiked it up.

Its called GREED...sure what else would you expect with Woodies.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Davy wrote: »

Any discount codes for them.
    I got stuff from them last November and am sure they sent me an email with 10 or 15% off my next order, but I must have deleted it

Berberis wrote: »
    Any discount codes for them.
    I got stuff from them last November and am sure they sent me an email with 10 or 15% off my next order, but I must have deleted it

HAPPYPETS was added today on the facebook page for 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Pet store in Carricmines had €15 off 15KG bags over the weekend, so picked one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Bakers is one of the worst foods you can feed your dog, along with Pedigree, absol muck!! All you have to look at is the colour of the kibble, its all different colours?? So so bad for you dog...

Try feeding something better quality and that has meat listed as the first ingredient and not one that has artifical colours, flavours and Grain as its main ingredient. Avoid food with Meat and Animal Derivitives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

paddy147 wrote: »
    Its called GREED...sure what else would you expect with Woodies.:rolleyes:

It's called economics! They would not be willing to sell at that price (supply) if no one was willing to purchase it (demand).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

15kg bags of brandy complete with free 2.5 kg bag for €15 in abs bluebell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

15kg bags of brandy complete with free 2.5 kg bag for €15 in abs bluebell

Awful stuff, even worse than Bakers and Pedigree. If you can afford to feed better then you should. Those cheap foods contain very little meat ata ll, so just made up of cheap fillers which arent good for dogs at all.
    I certainly wouldnt recommend feeding it to any dog...

thats fair enough, cant say my dog refuses to eat it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

thats fair enough, cant say my dog refuses to eat it tho

ridiculous argument.

children wouldnt refuse sweets or mcdonalds either.

it not right to feed your dog rubbish food

green123 wrote: »
    ridiculous argument.

children wouldnt refuse sweets or mcdonalds either.

it not right to feed your dog rubbish food

not trying to argue just making a point that my dogs love it

Advertisement