Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with teachers.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cross_strike

My parents ended up not being able to go to the PTM!

Not that big of an issue, as I now have a plan sorted out with my guidance counsellor. He is an Irish teacher (I think I said that before) and had a look at the lesson plan we have. The lesson plan is just to revise all the poetry and prose, which wouldn't be a bad thing if we were doing indepth revision. But all we are doing is translating the poetry & stories - no discussion of theme etc.

SO, he told me he would get me extra notes etc and go through them with me in library classes. He also said that any day where I felt like I couldn't cope with going in to the class, I could come to him and he would work on some Irish with me.

Obviously not ideal, but still pretty great solution!

I think my parents are still going to call the teacher though. They're still not too happy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rational

SO, he told me he would get me extra notes etc and go through them with me in library classes. He also said that any day where I felt like I couldn't cope with going in to the class, I could come to him and he would work on some Irish with me.:P

And im sure he talked through this with the teacher involved. Or at least I hope he has. Perhaps the teacher in question is happy to have you out of her hair.

rational wrote: »
    And im sure he talked through this with the teacher involved. Or at least I hope he has. Perhaps the teacher in question is happy to have you out of her hair.

I have no idea whether it was talked over! It could be quite easily kept on the D/L, as I do a lot of guidance classes anyway to help me with applications for foreign colleges and scholarships!

Hahah, I'm sure she is :P I've never had a problem with any teacher before. The problems only started here when the teacher guessed that I was the one being the most persistent in my complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rational

I have no idea whether it was talked over! It could be quite easily kept on the D/L, as I do a lot of guidance classes anyway to help me with applications for foreign colleges and scholarships!!

Of course its best if its kept on the D/L, your guidance teacher will be grand with it.

And what subjects are suffering so you can have extra careers classes?

rational wrote: »
    Of course its best if its kept on the D/L, your guidance teacher will be grand with it.

And what subjects are suffering so you can have extra careers classes?

Oh I use up my library classes first of all, then the subjects which come easily to me (Economics mostly). I never miss anything I couldn't quickly catch up on. There wouldn't be a point in applying for scholarships if I wasn't going to get the necessary grades after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 BamBam1637

I know exactly how you feel, i'm in 6th year too with a teacher that hasn't a clue what their doing and expects you to figure it out on your own and gives an unreasonable amount of homework :/ And as were in 6th year we need help not teachers giving us anymore stress. The thing we are doing is , we went to our past teacher (from 5th year) and asked him/her to do after school classes during the week, our teacher was willing to help but if your past teacher isnt try asking a few of your classmates to see if you could pay him/her even a 5er or 10er for the after school class and hopefully they will go ahead with it :) and i know your thinking i have enough work to do after school but believe me it really helps and you will feel better about that subject. Maybe get him/her to sit down with you and do the essays instead of always doing orals. Its alot of work but its worth it. I have many of classes after school, study and an extra subject to study, you need to also stop stressing yourself out its not going to help and it will affect your work. If the teacher still keeps giving you hassle your better off getting your parents to ring in and tell the teacher to back off. The teacher might get worse if you leave it any longer, and teachers usually back off once the parent ring in :) Hope this helped even a little :)

Advertisement