Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Idea, Criticism / opinions welcome !

Options
  • 11-01-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals, I realise this is frowned upon and I apoligise but my idea is nearly complete !

I am heavily considering getting inked and was wondering if I could get some feedback / idea's / inspiration for finishing touches and what not, I plan on getting in contact with the artist and having it drawn up at the end of the month ( hopefully if my indecision does not hinder me yet again, three years I have been trying to decide on a tattoo lol ).

In my endless inward search for a tattoo idea I would like, I have kept coming back to two concepts, a Tree and a Tiger. I now would like to combine the two, with a twist.

So I would like to have a medium sized tree with one side alive and healthy and the other side bare and well .... unhealthy I guess some thing like this, around half of that size, with alot less Branch density, and hopefully just black ( is it possible to do the healthy side colourless ? I would prefer having only the Tigers coloured )

Now on the Unhealthy side, I would like to have Hobbes the tiger, when he is a doll sitting on a branch, in colour, shown here, and on the healthy side, I would like the alive Hobbes the tiger lounging on the opposite branch, in colour, here

It won't have Calvin in it either. And possibly ( about 50% ) a quote about imagination underneath it.

So I was thinking either my back or side ( heard it hurts but I would prefer having it somewhere I like)

So any opinions, criticism and ideas are welcome

tl;dr Black tree, Half bare side with teddy hobbes and the healthy side with alive hobbes on it. Only colour is the Tiger print.

P.S Those who don't know Hobbes the Tiger, its from the Comic, you can Google Calvin and Hobbes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd imagine that would be perfectly possible. You'd want to check previous tree/plant/foliage work by the artist, and would probably have to get it done quite large for all the detail that would be required to do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I'd imagine that would be perfectly possible. You'd want to check previous tree/plant/foliage work by the artist, and would probably have to get it done quite large for all the detail that would be required to do it justice.

Aye I would certainly ask for the artists input as well, as for the size this would be my first tattoo, which I am a bit antsy about, I am certain I want it, and I don't want to get a half arsed small version of it either, I think I will have to make it big !

( Can you sense my internal struggle lol xD )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Aye I would certainly ask for the artists input as well, as for the size this would be my first tattoo, which I am a bit antsy about, I am certain I want it, and I don't want to get a half arsed small version of it either, I think I will have to make it big !

( Can you sense my internal struggle lol xD )

Well going on the information you've given I don't think doing it small is much of an option really if you want to get all that detail in, no harm in being antsy about or even planning it for three years im sure at this stage your sure about what you want better than jumping straight in not thinking about it. Plus dont worry about the pain its worth the end result ;).

If you're looking for artist recommendations location,willing to travel etc is always helpful. Your best bet is to find an artist who you think can pull off what you want and talk it through with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think it's a fantastic idea but I agree it would have to be big to do it justice. I know it's a bit of an ask to go big for your first tattoo but it'd be a lot of worse if a couple of years down the line you realise that you didn't do it justice.

As a thought on the concept, what about doing it half imagination (Hobbes) and half real (teddy Hobbes). So one half would be standard tree and on the other side basically just go nuts and do a load of weird stuff. Could be fun but it could turn into a mess. Just a thought.

Advertisement