Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any 6 month contracts for cable tv?

• 11-01-2013 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a deal where I could sign up for cable tv for just 6 months as I'll be moving house then? Any sky deals seem to be for one year. Surviving on 3 proper channels at the moment and it not good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Not aware of any. However, I just noticed an email [that actually came into my spam folder 6 days ago] from AerTV. they have just launched 25 Channels for €5 a month. No long commitments. If it's just for 6 months, might be your best option.

Now that link is to their register page but it has all the info. Can't find any other page.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

if you sign up to UPC you can change your address and it follows you. But im sure thay will charge some kind of moving fee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I moved in June but as house was prewired there was no fee.
    Actually they had to upgrade the external cables as the house down the road didn't let them run cables when down the initial upgrade and in fairness they went out of the way to be helpful. They eventually got the cable ran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a deal where I could sign up for cable tv for just 6 months as I'll be moving house then? Any sky deals seem to be for one year. Surviving on 3 proper channels at the moment and it not good.

Freesat is contract free and will at least give you the likes of the BBC, ITV, C4 and C5

Advertisement