Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Creuset cast iron & stoneware set rrp €162 now €48.60

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

cookie1977 wrote: »

Let us know if the order remains filled or changes to unfilled

I will. I got two emails from them since I ordered last night. It seems to be on its way but if that status changes I'll post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Pizza stone, frying pan, Le Creuset items all came back as 'unable to fulfull'.

I really think this is disgraceful behaviour on behalf of such a large department store. Debenhams should be ashamed of themselves for either having such a bad stock system or false advertising (if that is what this is).

This would really put me off even visiting the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Weyhey wrote: »
    I ordered the Le Crueset stuff in the OP at 8pm yesterday and it hasn't come back as 'unable to fufil' - yet.
    I ordered other stuff later on that has. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

4th email arrived this morning-unable to fulfil on the le creuset dishes. Have to agree when others ask what kind of stock management have they got if hardly any of their sale items are actually available??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

ordered yesterday around 10pm
    2gsqxog.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

amber2 wrote: »
    Ordered last night but came back unfulfilled this morning, checked online banking & my account has been debited tho.

Looks like the price changes have been put through. The odd item is 70% off but the bulk are either 10% or 20% off.

Looks like a pricing error.

I had a few unable to fulfil mails last night but haven't heard back on le creuset starter pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 versachi

I ordered Le Creuset Items last night along with three other items from the homeware department and one from clothing. It came back this morning with "unable to fulfill" for the four items in homewares but the clothing item is on it's way.
    I called Debenhams to see what was going on and they came out with such bullsh*t, all "it's a warehousing issue" then it was "a system issue". I called their bluff and said that people were saying that there was a mistake made with the discounts and that they had to not fulfill the orders in order to not be out of pocket. I told them that everyone on Boards was getting the same message. I am raging beyond belief. I think it's only an issue in homewares from what I can see though.
    Did anyone actually get their le creuset items???

They said the system should be fixed within 48 hours so to try to re-order then. I told them I wouldn't be bothering because they would probably make a balls of it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Corkbah wrote: »
    could demand be too much for them.... or could it be a marketing ploy (as mentioned - like ryanair)
    If it is...then it will certainly have back-fired....why would I waste my time shopping on their site again if I think they aren't going to be fulfilling my order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The thing I am most sad about is the Hetty Vacuum cleaner that they cancelled on me :( It was €71. I love Hetty but I didn't want to spend too much as I already have another (but not as pretty) vacuum cleaner:cool:
    numatic-hetty-vacuum-cleaner-747-p.jpg

The Le crueset baking dishes and Teapot, pizza stone, chopping boards are the only things that they have not cancelled but I expect them to be during the course of today
    I did order an Urban Decay Eyeshadow Box at half price (€17.75) which I do expect to get.

The two pizza stones I ordered late last night (around 10pm or thereabouts) seem to be ok and are on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

The two pizza stones I ordered late last night (around 10pm or thereabouts) seem to be ok and are on the way.

You might have got the last two available as I ordered mine last night at 22.45 and then got three emails. One 'Order Received' then 'Debenhams Confirmation' then 'Debenhams Update'. The update came at 23.59 to say unable to fulfil.

What did your 'Debenhams Update' email say Avi Fancy Poetess? Or maybe that only comes through when item is dispatched. Check your spam folder too just in case.

You might have got the last two available as I ordered mine last night at 22.45 and then got three emails. One 'Order Received' then 'Debenhams Confirmation' then 'Debenhams Update'. The update came at 23.59 to say unable to fulfil.

What did your 'Debenhams Update' email say Galwaygirlee? Or maybe that only comes through when item is dispatched. Check your spam folder too just in case.

I got two mails. Nothing in spam. One saying order received and other saying order being processed. Nothing from them saying it can't be fulfilled.

On the tracking all the things that have not been cancelled state "Order submitted to supplier" which is code for "not a hope you are getting this" I ordered a lot of the things between 7 and 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ordered a bunch of stuff, all unfulfilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I got two mails. Nothing in spam. One saying order received and other saying order being processed. Nothing from them saying it can't be fulfilled.

Same here. Really hope my order of Circulon saucepans is fulfilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The way it works is

Email 1 Received
    Email 2 Being processed
    Email 3 Unfulfilled or Fulfilled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ordered the raymond blanc saucepan set and two arts and craft sets from the toy department. Have received two emails, if I get a third saying not available or unfulfilled I will be onto Conor Pope of the Irish times and Ray D'Arcy show.
    Reading other posts it seems to be a shambles by them. First time buying online from them, let's see if its the last!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Inquitus wrote: »
    The way it works is

Email 1 Received
    Email 2 Being processed
    Email 3 Unfulfilled or Fulfilled

Well I got a 4th email to say unfulfilled-the 3rd email said my order was being processed. Just in case people get false hope!

Was down in debenhams earlier and had a look at the the le creuset section-nothing on sale?! How do they offer 70% off stuff that they are selling full price in store?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

You should mark this thread expired as its giving false hope to those of us just seeing it now!!

• Advertisement

Placed 3 orders with Debenhams yesterday. Got two 'unfilled' emails.

Just got this email from them.

Dear Customer

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We regret to inform you that we have experienced a small technical issue with our stock ordering system which has resulted in a number of items on orders placed yesterday have been unable to be fulfilled. You will have received an order update detailing the cancelled items.

Please rest assured no money has been debited from your bank account.

This error has now been corrected, if you still want the order this will need to be re-placed and can be done so either in-store or online.

May we once again apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Debenhams
    Customer Service

I presume this means that the other order will be processed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

dvpower wrote: »

I got that email to. What do they mean if we still want the order we have to reorder????

The le creuset I ordered wasnt cancelled...what do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mamarazzi

Apologies to all, I have now marked as expired. Bad form on the part of Debenhams to allow orders to go through and then cancel :mad:

viv2 wrote: »
    I got that email to. What do they mean if we still want the order we have to reorder????

The le creuset I ordered wasnt cancelled...what do I do now?
    I think it means that that order hasn't been cancelled and will be honoured. My uncancelled order was also for Le creuset, so I'm presuming that they will fulfil it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

dvpower wrote: »

Got the same mail but haven't received any unfulfilled emails. Put in two orders yesterday. One for some Le Creuset bits and another with some Jacobs Jacobs bits.
    Both orders still showing as confirmed under my account so unsure what is going on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭amber2

That correspondence states please be assured that no money has been debited from your bank account, I checked my online banking & my account has been debited and is refleced in my balance. Has anyone else checked if they were debited, I used visa debit card for my transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

amber2 wrote: »
    That correspondence states please be assured that no money has been debited from your bank account, I checked my online banking & my account has been debited and is refleced in my balance. Has anyone else checked if they were debited, I used visa debit card for my transaction.

I dont do online banking and not near an atm to check but from reading hukd they dont actually take the money just put a hold on it and it will be a few days until its back. Still very annoying though. A lot of annoyed people over there and its put me off shopping with them.

Guess what....my order that I placed almost 24 hours (2 pizza stones) are now "unable to be fulfilled".
    Surely they can't do this? There is a contract in place....offer & acceptance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Guess what....my order that I placed almost 24 hours (2 pizza stones) are now "unable to be fulfilled".
    Surely they can't do this? There is a contract in place....offer & acceptance!

Sorry to hear that Avi Fancy Poetess (but i suspected that it would happen to be honest). It's a bit of a shambles alright. The sale is only an offer to treat. Imagine if you then went to purchase it they told you at the counter they were out of stock. While it is taking a little longer on line it's still the same thing.

There maybe more fallout from this though if they did take all that money and now have to refund everyone.

Sorry to hear that Galwaygirlee (but i suspected that it would happen to be honest). It's a bit of a shambles alright. The sale is only an offer to treat. Imagine if you then went to purchase it they told you at the counter they were out of stock. While it is taking a little longer on line it's still the same thing.

There maybe more fallout from this though if they did take all that money and now have to refund everyone.

But the fact that they deducted my card...isn't this consideration? They TOOK my money! Shouldn't they still have to give me the pizza stones??

• Advertisement

But the fact that they deducted my card...isn't this consideration? They TOOK my money! Shouldn't they still have to give me the pizza stones??

I dont think so. As long as they refund it in a timely manner. Mistakes are allowed to happen. But it's certainly going to back fire on them publicity wise.

I dont think so. As long as they refund it in a timely manner. Mistakes are allowed to happen. But it's certainly going to back fire on them publicity wise.

What if I don't want a refund though? What if I want them to give me what I ordered? Can I enforce that?

No. Afraid not. the law's all about what's fair and reasonable. And if a mistake did happen and Debenhams refund asap then that's fair and reasonable. Despite the fact that a lot of customers will be upset.

Certainly try write them an email/letter (letter's better) outlining how you're a loyal customer and how upset you are and disappointed that you did not get what you were so looking forward to and how Debenhams have let you down. You never know how they might respond

No. Afraid not. the law's all about what's fair and reasonable. And if a mistake did happen and Debenhams refund asap then that's fair and reasonable. Despite the fact that a lot of customers will be upset.

Certainly try right them an email/letter (letter's better) outlining how you're a loyal customer and how upset you are and disappointed that you did not get what you were so looking forward to and how Debenhams have let you down. You never know how they might respond

Thanks. If they have known about this "glitch" since yesterday then it doesn't seem reasonable to me that 24 hours later it's still happening! Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

They certainly know how to piss customers off.

But their terms and conditions cover this pretty well( from their point!)

2.3 We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. Goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.

2.4 If you enter a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail and order update e-mail(s). These are not order confirmation or order acceptance from us.

2.5 Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point the goods you have ordered are despatched from our warehouse to be delivered to the address you have given us. It does not take place until that stage, even though we may have debited your card (see 2.3 above) or we have sent acknowledging e-mails (see 2.4 above). Very occasionally an error may occur resulting in the goods described on our website not being the goods actually available for sale. If this occurs your order will not be or have been accepted. We may ask you whether you wish to purchase other goods we may have available or the goods which may have been despatched to you in error. If so your order will be amended. Otherwise, we will treat any order as cancelled and any incorrect goods despatched will be collected for full refund.

2.6 The contract will be formed at the place of despatch of the goods.

2.7 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with clause 2.5 of these terms and conditions.

CH3OH wrote: »
    They certainly know how to piss customers off.

But their terms and conditions cover this pretty well( from their point!)

2.3 We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. Goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.

2.4 If you enter a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail and order update e-mail(s). These are not order confirmation or order acceptance from us.

2.5 Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point the goods you have ordered are despatched from our warehouse to be delivered to the address you have given us. It does not take place until that stage, even though we may have debited your card (see 2.3 above) or we have sent acknowledging e-mails (see 2.4 above). Very occasionally an error may occur resulting in the goods described on our website not being the goods actually available for sale. If this occurs your order will not be or have been accepted. We may ask you whether you wish to purchase other goods we may have available or the goods which may have been despatched to you in error. If so your order will be amended. Otherwise, we will treat any order as cancelled and any incorrect goods despatched will be collected for full refund.

2.6 The contract will be formed at the place of despatch of the goods.

2.7 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with clause 2.5 of these terms and conditions.

I'll never buy from these muppets again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I don't know if you've checked TK Maxx Galwaygirlee, but they keep those kitchen craft brand pizza stones in stock pretty much constantly in Cork (and Dublin branches when I get a nose around them) so it might be worth a look if you're not far from one, I paid €12.99 for mine a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

They cancelled my order too. Received the unable to fulfil email about 21 hours after I placed the order. Not happy and I won't be buying anything from Debenhams again.

What a ridiculous way to do business.

Still no third email, maybe they don't do the orders on the weekend. Will probably hear something back tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

I don't know whether to keep holding out a little hope for my le creuset, the volcanic set ordered at 18:47, I got the order placed and order confirmed email straight after ordering and the generic stock problem email yesterday afternoon which states I should have got an order unfulfilled email, that one hasn't arrived. My debenhams account still shows order confirmed. I guess tomorrow will tell?

I don't know whether to keep holding out a little hope for my le creuset, the volcanic set ordered at 18:47, I got the order placed and order confirmed email straight after ordering and the generic stock problem email yesterday afternoon which states I should have got an order unfulfilled email, that one hasn't arrived. My debenhams account still shows order confirmed. I guess tomorrow will tell?

I have received unable to fulfil emails on a few things but still nothing on the le creuset teapot and starter pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I am getting my shirts and ties that I ordered but everything else from the home ware/kitchen department has been cancelled :(

I was looking forward to the egg poacher too :(

This was my "third" email by the way. I got the ordered and then confirmed ones too. Thought it was just the fancy pants le creuset stuff that was being cancelled :/

This Morning by Prestige
    This Morning by Prestige carbon steel chip plate
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Kitchencraft
    L'Express steel 6 cup espresso maker
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel ladle with nylon head
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel 14cm milk pan
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Raymond Blanc by Anolon
    Raymond Blanc by Anolon carbon steel large oven tray
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Kitchencraft
    Kitchencraft non stick 28.3cm baking sheet
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Debenhams
    Stainless steel egg poacher
    Unable to FulfilNone
    Tefal
    Tefal Grey twin pack of frying pans
    Unable to FulfilNone

I still haven't received cancellation emails for the Joseph, Joseph chopping boards, pizza stone, Le Crueset Baking dishes and teapot. The most recent orders seem to be cancelled first so I reckon that they will get to the earlier orders in time.

Check your tracking. Mine all say " order submitted to supplier" (not sent to warehouse or processing or anything that might lead me to believe that I'll get the items) Next step I would imagine is "supplier not able to fulfil orders" or some such thing. I hold out little to no hope. There was a HUGE amount of orders for all these items and a lot of them are back on the site at full price which means they were all price errors. The prices were too good to be true from the beginning. As I said on the 2nd post even if the prices were true Debenhams often cancel orders because they don't have the stock so it is no surprise they did this.

As with all BAs it was worth a shot anyway. If you are not in, you can't win!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got unable to fulfil for my two orders, but they took the payment from my account.

How long for them to refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭amber2

Stheno wrote: »
    I got unable to fulfil for my two orders, but they took the payment from my account.

How long for them to refund?

The debit will probably just fall off your account in a few days but will appear each day on your account as part of that days transactions (shadow item) I know as clear as mud, but this is what I am hoping will happen to my debit anyways.

in the meantime this will reflect in your balance so you will not have the use of these funds until it falls off. If it does not fall off then you will just raise a query on the transaction.

Still no unable to fulfil on le creuset orders from fri night

Still no email for mine anyway and tracking hasn't changed from submitted to supplier.

Still no third email, would like to know either way now about the Raymond Blanc saucepans. Come on Debenhams!!

Got a 'desptached' email about my Half Price Urban Decay shadows that I ordered Friday night but no word on anything else ordered.
    Even though it is unlikely that we will get any of the things, I don't think it's fair to keep people hanging especially when some have bought as gifts etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement