Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S3 Screen repair

Options
  • 11-01-2013 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

has anybody got there Galaxy S3 screen fixed and how much was it ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I dumped mine best offer I could get was €250 for the screen plus labour, and only available in white.
    Bought the note 2 so I cant put it in my back pocket this time

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

There's a couple of place in town to get it fixed. But you're looking in the €180-200 range.

Kxiii wrote: »
    There's a couple of place in town to get it fixed. But you're looking in the €180-200 range.
    The post I made are the prices I got from the two businesss in Waterford city centre three weeks ago, where did you get that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

tankbarry wrote: »
    has anybody got there Galaxy S3 screen fixed and how much was it ?

thanks
    I got mine fixed in dublin by a fella for 165. Can post to him so would add to the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Do you mean the screen or the glass cover part? The actual screen will probably cost between €160 and €240 but you could buy a replacement screen online and fit it yourself for less. The glass cover part is a tenner on ebay, very simple to fit yourself, don't know how much a shop would charge.

• Advertisement

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The post I made are the prices I got from the two businesss in Waterford city centre three weeks ago, where did you get that price?

The guy on Patrick street but I've gotten a few thing done from him. There's also a guy on Facebook iPhonerepair.

Or you could ring fonemenders they're based in dublin but you can post it to them and they usually have it back in about a week once payment is made.

Do you mean the screen or the glass cover part? The actual screen will probably cost between €160 and €240 but you could buy a replacement screen online and fit it yourself for less. The glass cover part is a tenner on ebay, very simple to fit yourself, don't know how much a shop would charge.

It's a bonded piece you're wasting you're time trying to replace the just glass. It's not impossible but the chance of messing up the touch keys or not getting the seal right and letting moisture or dust get between the two screen layers.

The guy on Patrick street but I've gotten a few thing done from him. There's also a guy on Facebook iPhonerepair.

Or you could ring fonemenders they're based in dublin but you can post it to them and they usually have it back in about a week once payment is made.
    The guy on patrick street was the 250 plus labour quote
    Iphone repair would not touch it too much hassle and cost he said

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The guy on patrick street was the 250 plus labour quote
    Iphone repair would not touch it too much hassle and cost he said

:eek: 250? thats steep. I did get a few things done from him so maybe that's why.

It's a bonded piece you're wasting you're time trying to replace the just glass. It's not impossible but the chance of messing up the touch keys or not getting the seal right and letting moisture or dust get between the two screen layers.

Have done it twice no problem.

• Advertisement

Have done it twice no problem.

Fair enough. I've just seen a few that have been badly repaired and I wouldn't risk it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

The Tech guy on The Right hook recommended Back from the Future on Aungier street. Can't vouch for them yet but have a S3 screen that needs fixing :mad:

Anybody have any experience of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Another tick in the Iphone box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Spend the money on a Nexus 4.

Only a fool would hand out 600 for an iPhone.

Media999 wrote: »
    Spend the money on a Nexus 4.

Only a fool would hand out 600 for an iPhone.

Only a fool would fork out 300+ for any phone. If you're not on bill pay then you really shouldn't be buying these phones.

And the iphone is infinitely better than its competitors who, after I've spent some time examining, just seem to want to copy the iphone (poorly)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

And the iphone is infinitely better than its competitors who, after I've spent some time examining, just seem to want to copy the iphone (poorly)

:pac: I nearly fell off the couch laughing at that. Keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ah another delusional Apple fanboy.

Fair enough. I've just seen a few that have been badly repaired and I wouldn't risk it myself.

Well I'd rather buy a glass screen off ebay for a tenner and fix it myself than pay that phone shop beside the Book Centre €240 to replace it. My boyfriend went in there today to get a quote on fixing the glass screen on a Galaxy Note. He showed them the phone and was specific that it was just the glass part of the screen that needed replacing, no damage to the inner part of the phone and they said it would cost €240 :eek:

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Would that make you a delusional samsung fanboy?

It's all down to personal preference. My girlfriend has a samsung galaxy and I consider it to be a vastly inferior phone. Does my opinion upset you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well I'd rather buy a glass screen off ebay for a tenner and fix it myself than pay that phone shop beside the Book Centre €240 to replace it. My boyfriend went in there today to get a quote on fixing the glass screen on a Galaxy Note. He showed them the phone and was specific that it was just the glass part of the screen that needed replacing, no damage to the inner part of the phone and they said it would cost €240 :eek:

You can't just replace the glass, it requires a heat gun, alot of luck and invariably if you have no experience of doing so will make even bigger ****e of your phone. Its not a simple DIY replacement, as its bonded to the display, and if you feck it up you will have a non responsive digitiser or ****e trapped between glass and display. Stop talking bollox.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    You can't just replace the glass, it requires a heat gun, alot of luck and invariably if you have no experience of doing so will make even bigger ****e of your phone. Its not a simple DIY replacement, as its bonded to the display, and if you feck it up you will have a non responsive digitiser or ****e trapped between glass and display. Stop talking bollox.

Well I hate to break it to you but it doesn't require a heat gun:rolleyes: As I already said I have replaced two glass screens before without any problems. If you want to pay €200+ for a simple job, go right ahead.

Going way OT here so good luck with your phone OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Would that make you a delusional samsung fanboy?

It's all down to personal preference. My girlfriend has a samsung galaxy and I consider it to be a vastly inferior phone. Does my opinion upset you?

I've never owned a Samsung phone in my life.

I've had a mix of windows mobile, Apple and Android phones over the years and to call anything other than an iPhone as vastly inferior smacks of apple fanboy syndrome.

Can't say your opinion upsets me just think it's delusional

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

€16 on ebay fixed it myself with hair dryer and kit provided 40 minutes approx

Only a fool would fork out 300+ for any phone. If you're not on bill pay then you really shouldn't be buying these phones.

Seeing as you like research have alook at the phones displayed @ CES 2013.

Only a complete moron idiot retarded bastard would think the years old iPhone is the best phone in the world at this stage ;)

Did anyone on this thread declare any phone to be the best in the world? No.

Did I express an opinion about what phone I liked? Yes.

Did I report your offensive language? Possibly.

It's only a phone. Get over it.

Did anyone on this thread declare any phone to be the best in the world? No.

I think creamsoda fancies ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Is this Mac v PC/iPhone v Galaxy shyte still going on? FFS it's a personal preference. More things in life to be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

I think creamsoda fancies ya

No I just agree that your talking utter ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Calm it down please folks. Insults and aggressive posting aren't remotely needed.

Advertisement