Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TTC PCOS CLOMID ADVICE ?? Sucess stories

Options
  • 11-01-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Girls ,

Im mid twentys i have pcos have been trying for baba for couple years now . I didnt have period for years now i get them every few months after losing some weight.

Im on my second month of Provera and Clomid. Im going public in the hospital
    what would be the next stage if this dosent work? Can you get that trigger shot if going public?

How long do yous wait before taking provera again.

i was told to take clomid from day 2-6. :) I was told to go get bloodtest on day 21 of my cycle it falls on a sunday so im not sure how that will work :confused:

My husband has been tested and is fine, iv had a hsg and everything was clear and my bloodtests just showed my pcos.

i would be a couple stone over weight . would anyone have any advice on what foods would be get pregnant too.

Would love all advice and help as possible or even simular stories or even better success stories :D:D:D:D:D:D

Baby Dust :):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The day 21 blood test is to see if you have ovulated. They want to see a result of about 30 or higher I think (the numbers are all blurring, been a while). If it isn't at that level yet, they will test at day 28, 35 etc until they see the magic 30 which means you ovulated. i would think if the day 21 is on a sunday, day 22 will do fine, as the levels stay up for the rest of the cycle, but ask your doctor.

I had PCOS too, and from last scan it is gone and ovaries are normal for first time ever, yay! I wasn't overweight in the BMI measurement, but was at about 24.5 or so, which isn't too far off the borderline. My gp advised me to jog a small bit every second day, which I did. 30 mins or so, no biggie if you take it at your own pace. Also, he told me to take an aspirin every day. I have heard from a few people since that thinning the blood with aspirin improves implantation chances, but honestly that could be total tripe too. No idea, so obviously don't do that without telling the doctor. I had clomid, but not provera so our situations are different.

I don't know if any of those had an impact, but we got a successful pregnancy.
    Oh, also, that was after 3 cycles of the pill, and hubbie was on a zinc vitamin.
    Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hey

I have pcos also, I am 27 now and was diagnosed when I was 18 so do genuinely think I had a headstart on ttc (played off against years of being afraid I couldn't have children, which I know now is rubbish after a lot of research!)

I went to see an endocrinologist instead of a gynae prob because at the time ttc was not a priority for me. I'm glad I did though as he is great. He had me on glucophage (metformin) on and off for the last 8/9 years to help with my weight which yo yo'd ridiculously without much eating at all, I found that so frustrating. He put a definite emphasis on weight and ovulation. I was caught in a vicious cycle of my weight being up, being miserable and in turn my hormones were all over the place so my body wasn't doing its job properly! The glucophage helped this. In 2010/2011 I dropped the fad diets and lost about 2 stone by following the GL diet and took up running, got married in July 2011 which is when we decided to ttc. Even at that in retrospect we were pretty half hearted about it and some months didn't bother which I think had a lot to do with the fear of failing. Tests and an ultrasound in feb showed i had no cysts on my ovaries and my hormone levels were bang on normal, i was pretty thrilled! Day 21 tests also showed i was ovulating! June 2012 I decided to start seriously training for a marathon and started on a 6 week healthy eating and exercise plan (called system10, they compile a diet and exercise plan based on indicators of intolerances etc you have), I felt so good doing it and lost another stone toning up even though my weight was healthy at that stage. The weekend my plan finished was my birthday and anniversary..... Que serious food and drink binging and lots of going out and letting the hair down...... I conceived the night of my wedding anniversary and am now 27.5 weeks :)

I'm not sure what all the waffle I've written above is trying to show but personally I avoided the medical intervention route and tried to get my body to do what it was supposed to do by getting it into the best possible shape. And it worked for me, it took time but stress is a serious factor for me. My husband thinks if we had to go down the cloimid etc route it just wouldn't have worked out....I am inclined to agree, my body seems to shut down when stressed.

I hope everything goes well for you. I'm sorry I Prob haven't answered your questions but just wanted to give you another perspective :) best of luck :)

Advertisement