Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitfire rewick problem !!

Options
  • 11-01-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

The old wick was giving a burnt taste so I got out the new wick and put it in.

There is a horrible taste off it and when I open up the head and look at the coil it is spitting and a horrible smelling smoke is coming off it, no vapour.

The wicks are soaked but still the same !

Help !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Hi Guys

The old wick was giving a burnt taste so I got out the new wick and put it in.

There is a horrible taste off it and when I open up the head and look at the coil it is spitting and a horrible smelling smoke is coming off it, no vapour.

The wicks are soaked but still the same !

Help !
    im guessing its a resistance problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pmcmahon wrote: »
    im guessing its a resistance problem

The e-vic reads it at 1.6 and thats what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Running it too hot? All coils spit and bubble with juice, but the burnt taste?

Unless you're pushing it too hot, or maybe the coil is near something plastic (like a silicone washer?) then the only thing I can think of is some kind of machine residue from the wire.
    Which will dissipate, but it's furcking nasty.

Took the entire thing apart, no idea what was wrong

When I took it out I compared it to the wick I had removed and they were exactly the same

Must have been a bad one !!

Put my old cleartomizer on the E-vic and no probs at all

I'll just have to wait till Tuesday for more wicks

Quick question.... they are available in 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohms, would anyone suggest what would be the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

2.8ohms. Hammers the battery less for the same effect, and if they're using the same wire for each resistance but more coils to hit that higher resistance, that means more surface area for juice=more everything.
    Huzzah!

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    2.8ohms. Hammers the battery less for the same effect, and if they're using the same wire for each resistance but more coils to hit that higher resistance, that means more surface area for juice=more everything.
    Huzzah!

Legend :D:pac:

Advertisement