Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Open'er Festival Poland 2013

Options
  • 11-01-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Anyone going to/went to this? Just got my tickets today, so excited!! Any advice from those who went before? I'm camping aswell :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lil C

There's a group of six of us going to this. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that the one that has the alcohol drinking area separate from the rest of the festival area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lil C

Is that the one that has the alcohol drinking area separate from the rest of the festival area.

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

Was there but didn't camp. Always a decent line-up. Good size site. Nice people. As a vegetarian, it was tricky food-wise, but that can be said of Poland in general. The only alcohol sold on site was watery Heineken and they like a good frisking at the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Going for the first time this year :)

Some great info on efestivals.co.uk about the camping and area...

Mega excited, great line up for the price!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There's 3 of us heading over for the festival.

We are flying to Berlin on the Saturday for a couple of days before moving on towards Poland.

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Howdy

3 of us heading over to this, can't wait! Flying into Gdansk on Monday the 1st, staying there for a night then over to Gydnia for the week. Gdansk is a great city, was there for the Euros last year and again in March this year, very cheap, great people and some excellent bars that open pretty much all night!

What's peoples travel plans for this? Anyone one around on the Monday night for a pre-festival session? :)

deise300 wrote: »
    Howdy

3 of us heading over to this, can't wait! Flying into Gdansk on Monday the 1st, staying there for a night then over to Gydnia for the week. Gdansk is a great city, was there for the Euros last year and again in March this year, very cheap, great people and some excellent bars that open pretty much all night!

What's peoples travel plans for this? Anyone one around on the Monday night for a pre-festival session? :)

Well just myself and another girl going but we are staying in Sopat for the Monday and Tuesday night, found it cheaper than Gdansk and the nightlife looks great there too...

Also have to buy all our camping gear over there, no way I'm paying the Ryanair fees to bring on tent, sleeping bags and such !!

We are flying in Monday too...

Hoping we all get great weather for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dropdeadfred05

Me and 2 other guys are arriving in Gdansk sunday, staying in a hostel and heading into town both nights before the festival, sopot sounds pretty good though...

We are up for some pre-festival sessioning for sure!

We are camping at the festival too :D

We're due to be in Poznan on the Monday night, moving up towards Gdansk for Tuesday. Can't wait for it now!!

The National are after replacing Modest Mouse by the way just in case anyone didn't see.

• Advertisement

Me and 2 other guys are arriving in Gdansk sunday, staying in a hostel and heading into town both nights before the festival, sopot sounds pretty good though...

We are up for some pre-festival sessioning for sure!

We are camping at the festival too :D

Nice one, yup the 3 of us are camping for the week too, can't wait! Arriving into Gdansk about 6 on Monday evening, I'll pm you the details if ye're up for a session!

bigbudda wrote: »
    Well just myself and another girl going but we are staying in Sopat for the Monday and Tuesday night, found it cheaper than Gdansk and the nightlife looks great there too...

Also have to buy all our camping gear over there, no way I'm paying the Ryanair fees to bring on tent, sleeping bags and such !!

We are flying in Monday too...

Hoping we all get great weather for this!!

Yup sopot is a really nice spot too, fantastic beach aswell. Ha we must buy all our stuff over there too, have zero camping supplies... ye on the flight from Manchester?

Change of plan for us, Sopot booked for Tuesday night, looks the business. Have the total of 0 camping supplies!

Change of plan for us, Sopot booked for Tuesday night, looks the business. Have the total of 0 camping supplies!

Cool, ye camping after Tuesday at the festival?

Cool, ye camping after Tuesday at the festival?

Yeah, we'll be watching the long term weather like hawks for the next few days.

Have any of ye seen anything about where to get cheap tents?

We'll be abandoning ours at the end of the festival so not looking for any Taj Mahal replicas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dropdeadfred05

Nice one, yup the 3 of us are camping for the week too, can't wait! Arriving into Gdansk about 6 on Monday evening, I'll pm you the details if ye're up for a session!

Yea for sure, swing us a message!

Yup sopot is a really nice spot too, fantastic beach aswell. Ha we must buy all our stuff over there too, have zero camping supplies... ye on the flight from Manchester?

We are flying on the Monday Ryanair Dublin flight... Oh do let ne know any tips on where to buy.camping gear !!

Pm me any details for the Tuesday.night in sopat, its just us two Irish girls, would love to meet up with people over there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Krispy

Hi folks.

We've left this a bit late - just ordered camping tickets for Open'er. Just wondered if anyone had advice about buying a tent in Gdynia when we arrive off the plane?

Hope to see you all partying in the 'bunker' at some stage! :D

There is a Decathlon sports shop here

http://maps.google.pl/maps?hl=pl&pq=gaze+into+abyss&xhr=t&q=decathlon+gda%C5%84sk&cp=12&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=685&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

it's located between Sopot and Gdansk, so i'd imagine its easy enough to get a bus/tram, or pretty cheap to get a taxi too. We literally have no supplies so will be raiding this place tuesday afternoon! When are ye arriving? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Krispy

Excellent - thanks a lot for that.

We arrive on the Thursday morning which means missing Blur and The Editors unfortunately. ...and hopefully Decathlon will have ordered more stock after you've cleaned them out. :)

Was at this festival a few years ago, so really excited about going back.

Krispy wrote: »
    Excellent - thanks a lot for that.

We arrive on the Thursday morning which means missing Blur and The Editors unfortunately. ...and hopefully Decathlon will have ordered more stock after you've cleaned them out. :)

Was at this festival a few years ago, so really excited about going back.

Nice one! Never been to it so really excited, counting down the days! Whats the story with drink? Is it easy to sneak in?

Nice one! Never been to it so really excited, counting down the days! Whats the story with drink? Is it easy to sneak in?

Speaking of drink, can we drink in the campsite?

Fairly excited about this now...have a listen to Arctic Monkey's new single over on the Alternative thread...seriously cool.

still not sure about the drink, I think you're allowed alcohol in the campsite but not in the main arena (http://www.wikifestivals.com/wiki/heineken-opener-festival)

Yup loving their new song, their gig should be a huge highlight!

In other news, current weather forecasts don't fill me with confidence...

http://www.yr.no/place/Poland/Pomerania/Gdynia/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nocturnalz

Hey
    I was just wondering if anyone has any experience in traveling alone to heineken opener? Kinda want to go there, but dont know anyone going!

No turning back now! Booked a flight and bought the tickets. Travelling from Norway on the 2nd and arriving in Gdansk around 10:00 on the 2nd. Will camp the full 7 days.

nocturnalz wrote: »
    No turning back now! Booked a flight and bought the tickets. Travelling from Norway on the 2nd and arriving in Gdansk around 10:00 on the 2nd. Will camp the full 7 days.

:D you're never alone at a festival! Few more sleeps til Blur..

bigbudda wrote: »
    :D you're never alone at a festival! Few more sleeps til Blur..

Yeah found this group on facebook so prolly hooking up there :) Just dont want to wander around alone, I'm a bit shy! Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ABrandon

Hey guys! Anyone going on 2nd July through Cork?. I'm taking the plane that arrives there around 12ish. I have a three man tent in case someone doesnt want to pay the bloody Ryanair fares. My number is +353857840061 if you want to ring or drop me a text. See ya there! It's going to be amazing!

• Advertisement

Well,just about made it home in one piece.

Great few days, most of the headliners were on the top of their game.

Nick Cave is some performer for "an ould lad" :-)

Would seriously recommend going to this festival, the Polish know how to party, a great country!

Advertisement