Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexy asian ladies?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Had been hoping this was a mis-placed forum request. +1 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

The ad only pops up based on your browser's history OP. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The ad only pops up based on your browser's history OP. :pac:

That is said alot but is not true as I get the same ads popping up on my work laptop (where I can assure you I never searched for sites like these). I think they are just random ads. I got a few for Arab/Muslim dating sites and Asian ladies, so much so that I needed to deactivate the ads on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is said alot but is not true as I get the same ads popping up on my work laptop (where I can assure you I never searched for sites like these). I think they are just random ads. I got a few for Arab/Muslim dating sites and Asian ladies, so much so that I needed to deactivate the ads on boards.
    Have you logged into a google account on both computers per chance?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

28064212 wrote: »
    Have you logged into a google account on both computers per chance?
    :pac:
    I haven't searched for Arab/Muslim dating on my home computer either. Wife wouldn't be too impressed. And the dodgey ads don't appear on my home computer strangely enough, just my work one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've gotten ads for Arab and Asian ladies, plus Senior Dating. I am neither senior nor interested in women of any race. My OH got ads for "Sexy Rugby Girls" or something over the weekend, with a picture of the most masculine woman I've ever seen.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I got bombarded with ads for "Christian singles" when I was in Colorado over Christmas. If nothing else, it reassures me that Google doesn't know nearly as much about me as I might have thought it did... :pac:

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I got bombarded with ads for "Christian singles" when I was in Colorado over Christmas. If nothing else, it reassures me that Google doesn't know nearly as much about me as I might have thought it did... :pac:
    Or they know you better than you know yourself.....

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Never got an add for the sexy Asian ladies but was getting of all sorts of other rubbish that I never requested.

No expert on these matters but I have installed SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free versions of both) and there is a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Running an ad-block with your browser is probably the easiest way of avoiding seeing any weird ads.

Course the lads who run the site mightn't agree with this advise ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

All I get is dating site adverts when I'm in work. Some of the pictures can be risque.

EDIT: not the worst one but for example see attached. It makes it difficult to sneakily use Boards when those kind of pics keep popping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Amanda needs a new dress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

bluewolf wrote: »
    Amanda needs a new dress

Wish I'd taken a screen of her leggy friend that popped up a moment ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's asking me if I'd like to date a filipina woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

It's asking me if I'd like to date a filipina woman.

Well, would you? Click the link, all I've got left is the can of beans in the press :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm married.

And impotent.

I'm married.

And impotent.

I'll fetch the tin opener then, thanks for nothing doc :pac:

On a more serious note - please link to the clickthroughs for the ads showing and Nicola can try get them removed

I'll fetch the tin opener then, thanks for nothing doc :pac:

On a more serious note - please link to the clickthroughs for the ads showing and Nicola can try get them removed
    There really should be a sticky in Feedback with the steps on what/how to get the info Nicola needs, similar to the Spammer Feedback thread.

28064212 wrote: »
    There really should be a sticky in Feedback with the steps on what/how to get the info Nicola needs, similar to the Spammer Feedback thread.

Oh I agree, and if somebody gets to it before we do then it can be made sticky :)

Advertisement