Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toomevara Picnic Area

Options
  • 11-01-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Haven't seen Toomevara since the bypass. I'm wondering would it be safe to bring children to this picnic area or are the same shenanigans going on as before. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember my father always used to comment on that layby when we drove past. He never exactly came out and told us what it was infamous for, I got the impression that it was either drugs or homosexual activity, he's a hard man to decipher at times but I know what his bugbears are. :rolleyes:

To answer your question I've no idea what it's like today, but I think you could find nicer places to bring kids on a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cooliotheboya

I remember my father always used to comment on that layby when we drove past. He never exactly came out and told us what it was infamous for, I got the impression that it was either drugs or homosexual activity, he's a hard man to decipher at times but I know what his bugbears are. :rolleyes:

To answer your question I've no idea what it's like today, but I think you could find nicer places to bring kids on a picnic.

Driving Dublin to Kerry and want to take in Moneygall so i'll be on the old road in that general area. It was homosexual behaviour that was the problem there but is it still the case. http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/local/toome-toilets-shut-over-inappropriate-behaviour-1-2269117

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

just hang out in moneygall altogether, its very nice since the visit and there are the same facilities on the toome side of the town.

assuming this isnt a, ahem, reacharound way of finding out if the place is active. :rolleyes:

Advertisement