Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of exile? (Diablo 3 type free game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

*Sigh* this, Batman Origins, Rocksmith 2014 and Lego Marvel all in the same week. I wouldn't be in this predicament if that bloody cloning machine worked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Downloading my patch update at the moment

Hitting that Nemesis hardcore ****.

Friend got me back into this the last 10 days, jsut intime for launch. So much better now then the previous iterations I played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Running a spectral throw scion on Nemesis (Flavour of the month indeed) and glad to be back playing. Burned myself out a few months back but some great updates recently and really enjoying it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brubru72

bloody amazing for a ftp! loving it atm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Back into this since release, running an ice build CI witch in Nemesis. Fun stuff

• Advertisement

Typical, four days of work, Magnet internet down to snail pace in my area. Can barely play, not risking my Nemesis characters

Gutted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really enjoying it myself as well. Playing as a Ranged Shadow, but still only around lvl20. Great game, and it's much improved from the early betas.

My one gripe so far (and it's only a small thing that might only bug me) is if i'm holding down the mouse to attack an enemy, once the enemy is dead i end up running to the spot where the enemy died. Means i need to individually click to attack a lot of the time, which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Holding space attacks on spot. If that helps.

Actually... maybe its shift ? Mine is space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dammit the final boss on cruel is hard. Even with 1800 HP & 60+ lightning resist he can kill in 2 seconds. Finally got him though after 3 deaths.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Really enjoying it myself as well. Playing as a Ranged Shadow, but still only around lvl20. Great game, and it's much improved from the early betas.

My one gripe so far (and it's only a small thing that might only bug me) is if i'm holding down the mouse to attack an enemy, once the enemy is dead i end up running to the spot where the enemy died. Means i need to individually click to attack a lot of the time, which is annoying.

Hold down shift as you target

• Advertisement

Left my Ranger for a bit to start a new Marauder. Unfortunately internet has been piss poor last two days but back a bit better today so have been able to play Nemesis.

Building an infernal blow style marauder with a two hander, absolutely sick damage and great uptime :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »
    Left my Ranger for a bit to start a new Marauder. Unfortunately internet has been piss poor last two days but back a bit better today so have been able to play Nemesis.

Building an infernal blow style marauder with a two hander, absolutely sick damage and great uptime :D

Any chance of link to your build ?

Here's my planned full build for Maurader Infernal Blow. Amazing damage and fun seeing everything explode.
    Using Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage.
    And I hope to either add Fire Penetration, Life on Hit/Life Leech or Melee Physical Damage gems later.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYVcNkc7SIZ7NpzAUIFBHFHFBqt-_AedVtcEEe4whAir2IVU5DqlzGS4n7cT2PQ8ki3y7xYrwH6IAFE2paA9UinQ62E3YjHYt0uw4GjinhJBVgzjvfDwFn9-dgFfid-UyiQSzrKpR5rQvQT_3MoEr37KUhwYOA8Zj_SWtCfZ3YoRj5PGLjOFz7SBG1_0LPC3Grrc-_gryRTrhplcxnudjiPE11kUK9Ma-vILkkBGKr8Aa5K3ewZ8-cqlYPZ7FEtkaPvGsfNnUj5_LROcc52o7974g8ErI

L56 now and still going strong in Merciless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Might download this tonight.

Dcully wrote: »
    Any chance of link to your build ?

This goes about giving a pretty good guide on infernal blow marauder and pretty much everything you need to know

http://ziggyd.tv/path-of-exile/path-of-exile-the-infernal-blow-heavy-metal-marauder-full-build-guide/

I started a Marauder earlier myself, and it's great fun. A nice change from the ranged Shadow that i was playing. Just run in and smash everything at the moment, and flying through it.

Should i bother identifying items i don't plan on use before selling them, or is that just a waste of wisdom scrolls. I've stopped picking up anything that isn't blue or above, but even still, i end up with a ton of crap that i need to sell. Never sure if it's worth using a scroll before selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Scrolls are worthless after a while as you'll have so many of them anyway. Use away.

Should i bother identifying items i don't plan on use before selling them, or is that just a waste of wisdom scrolls. I've stopped picking up anything that isn't blue or above, but even still, i end up with a ton of crap that i need to sell. Never sure if it's worth using a scroll before selling.

ID yellows and above only. Blues are rarely worth it.
    Eventually, you'll even stop picking up the blues.

Of course, if it has 3 linked sockets of different colours then pick it up!

Of course, if it has 3 linked sockets of different colours then pick it up!

Whats the benefit of linked sockets? Do the gems get bonuses from other gems if they are linked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Whats the benefit of linked sockets? Do the gems get bonuses from other gems if they are linked?

If you sell an item with three linked slots of 3 diff colours you get a chromatic orb. You should check the vendors to buy these, and then sell them back for a chromatic.

And thats the sum total knowledge I have about the ingame currency!

All (known) vendor recipes:
    http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes

What's the deal with unique items? When i say what's the deal, i mean can you get unique drops for your level, or are they always well below your current characters level. I've had two drop today, both of the same lvl8 helmet. I'm lvl35 though.

Also, hoping Merciless (or is it Cruel?) is harder, as i'm flying through normal with my Marauder.

Bloody hell, so much for breezing through normal. Had huge issues with the final boss, and he absolutely slaughtered me over and over again. Eventually got him, but had to exploit it a bit by using tons of portal scrolls and chip away at his health. That was a hell of a jump from every other fight i've had.

Gonna give Cruel a go now, and also roll a new class today. For a F2P game, it has a serious amount of content.

Bloody hell, so much for breezing through normal. Had huge issues with the final boss, and he absolutely slaughtered me over and over again. Eventually got him, but had to exploit it a bit by using tons of portal scrolls and chip away at his health. That was a hell of a jump from every other fight i've had.

Gonna give Cruel a go now, and also roll a new class today. For a F2P game, it has a serious amount of content.

Cruel is a lot harder. Merciless is...well, merciless. Even trash mobs can kill you quick if you are not careful. High HP, resists and armor/evasion/ES, along with some way to regen life is really needed.

Yeah, that's what i thought. I'm pretty much a glass cannon with my Marauder at the moment, which is why i struggled on the final boss so much.

Fancy a change of pace now though, and have rolled a Witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

First HC death today on Nemesis. Merciless Dominus is not fun!! :(

I have it installed but still haven't played it.

Is there no floating combat text?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Not that I know of - Any stat you could hope for is described fully in the character pane, tells you the potential DPS of every spell you are using alongside all the effects they give. You're never in a position to know how much HP or Resistances mobs have but to be quite honest you don't need to - You'll have the general idea of how much damage you are capable of and any reasons why you're not living up to that mark can be noticed either through in-game actions or just looking at the tips under the enemy bars describing what benefits they have. If the option isn't in the game already (wasn't the last time I checked, but could be wrong) then I won't be shocked if they add it in the future, much like they recently added the mini-lifebars above enemies heads so you don't have to keep staring at the main HP bar at the top of the screen.

I need those numbers for epeen satisfaction

• Advertisement

First HC death on Saturday thanks to a glorious combo of rubbish irish internet and desyncing on server side.

Top game, but alot of people suffering stupid deaths to desync which kinda ruins the fun a little.

Advertisement