Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of exile? (Diablo 3 type free game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You probably know this but for anyone that might not typing /oos into chat will fully resync you when needed. Macro it for best results!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Bloody hooked on this, lvl 45 witch 9 zombies 12 skelies 3 specters, hexing and aoe'ing down packs has never been so fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Bloody hooked on this, lvl 45 witch 9 zombies 12 skelies 3 specters, hexing and aoe'ing down packs has never been so fun.

Save up all currency....you'll need it for Midnight Bargain wand which will give you your 4th Spectre. About 40 Chaos to buy :D

Isn't it amazing how bad Spectre's are at low level compared to high level ones which wipe the floor with everything? 4 VoidBearers or Flame Sentinels does crazy damage. Tentacle Miscreation are great for single target DPS, and Carrion Queen's are basically ranged tanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont normally like the big game sites reviews but this guy on gamespot always seems fair and honest in his reviews.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd have to agree with that review. It's a fantastic game, and when you consider it's completely free...it's pretty damn amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This game is great fun. Just killed the warden and the atmosphere leading up to the fight was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn this game is slow to update, haven't played since beta and have to download nearly 4gigs at 300kb/sec on a 50meg connection :mad:

KilOit wrote: »
    Damn this game is slow to update, haven't played since beta and have to download nearly 4gigs at 300kb/sec on a 50meg connection :mad:

Yeah it takes ages so I downloaded it through steam instead and linked my steam account

New patch is out today, and they've released a video showing some of the changes. There's also supposed to be a patch every 2nd week for the next 7 weeks...followed by their 1st expansion. Pretty damn sweet for a F2P game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/12/path-of-exile-gets-a-post-launch-patch-seven-more-before-march-expansion/

Meh..still no improvement over the 0.000000000001% chance to get a 5 or 6 link using Orbs of Fusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thinking of giving this a bash over the weekend.

Is there a necromancer type class?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Taylor365 wrote: »

Yeah, the witch covers that, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Must go back onto Steam and give it another bash, it kept crashing to desktop on me, which put me off it to begin with.

Well played less than 30 mins last night and already got a BSOD.

Not very impressed... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Never had the game crash on me, must be something on your end.

Yeah, its worked perfectly for me as well, bar the (very) odd dsync issue.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Witch. (though you can do it as a Scion). 10 zombies, 4 Spectre's & about 16 skeletons. And you can animate weapons/armor. Feels like D2 before they nerfed necro armies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I spent 5mins beating the **** out of scorpions and hobo's on a beach, got annoyed and went back to D3

This game looks horrible compared to D3 :(

meh, playing a game like this and judging it off 5 minutes is ridiculous.

Guess some people just have to have that graphical fidelity, regardless of the gameplay and depth.

I was just testing it out really and wasn't blown away by it, it looked and the controls felt terrible.

But yeah i like to play games that don't look like they're outdated, I tend to only be able to play games like that on hand held devices.

• Advertisement

Playing any game for 5 minutes won't blow you away, especially an ARPG where the graphics are typically not that amazing (Lets be honest.. for an AAA title.. diablo 3 didn't exactly push current hardware to the limit !). I enjoy it more than Diablo because its actually challenging and in general caters more for what I look for in this type of game.

Can't say I've ever had any problems with the controls tho.. been a while since I played D3 where it didn't just require me to hold mouse 2 while i sprinted through the map, so hard to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    I spent 5mins beating the **** out of scorpions and hobo's on a beach, got annoyed and went back to D3

For some reason hobo's on a beach made me laugh. When i first say Kripp playing this i thought it looked terrible...

Its a decent game, wouldn't pay money for it. Its a good game for a F2P title though

nix wrote: »

You're missing out on a deep, complex game that currently has a lot more to offer than D3. Though if you prefer pretty graphics over gameplay, then D3 is a better game for you.

I'm running an i5 2500k @ 4ghz and a radeon 7800 with 8gb ram.

Unless the game running with max AA isn't properly optimised, i can't see any problems i should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Only gripe with this game is I can't respec, I know the reasons behind it but I think a respec should be offered when you reach high levels or every couple of weeks

Its not that i prefer one over the other, i just like to play games that don't feel over a millennium old.

But ill give it another whirl in the near future as you all hold the game in such high regard.

;)

Please... stick with diablo.

Magill wrote: »

Why?

Magill wrote: »

Or play both...and maybe some Torchlight 2 as well. :D

• Advertisement

I do fight the combat feel/animations aren't as tuned as D3. I notice it when i do some attacks on marauder and it looks like the animation is slightly out of sync.

i notice this a lot when i play alternatives to bliz games like SW:TOR. Still though PoE is a great game though sometimes a pain in the ass.

Advertisement