Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of exile? (Diablo 3 type free game)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's better than D3 in pretty much every possible way bar looks and polish, and even then I much prefer the gritty dark style of poe than D3's "WoW lite".

It's an incredibly rewarding game but it can be quite difficult to get into but planning a build and seeing it through and playing the finished product is a fantastic feeling when it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

D3 looks and polish with POE gameplay and mechanics would be an almost perfect game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

D3 gameplay is alot better imo. PoE feels awkward, static and stiff like something from a few years back. Everything else PoE does really well though, but i play an ARPG for rewarding gameplay and i just dont get that from PoE at all and thats the reason its no longer installed on my PC and wont be installed again. D3 on the otherhand is on the shelf till RoS is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Personal preference i guess.. for me ARPG's are about character progression... everything from skills and talents to gear. In this area, POE is miles ahead of the current D3 systems. I actually like D3 for what it is.. a well polished, easy mode ARPG.. but its just not rewarding and has very little in the way of progression.

PoE has a far superior endgame system (Maps etc ensure you're not running the same half an act over and over), a much better skill system, its more challenging, has a great trading and currency system, constant updates that actually add new content. Granted it takes a good 20-30 levels (Maybe a days worth of play at most) before you start see the mold your character is taking but its worth it imo.

They're games in the same genre that appeal to different people, I didn't think i'd like PoE but after giving it a chance, doing some research into the different systems and builds... it just blows the current version of diablo out of the water, hopefully RoS can salvage my love for diablo tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I enjoy poe way more than d3, its actualy fun and the story isnt half bad, i agree the combat doesnt feel as fluid as d3 as melee, but i love my witch 10 zombies 13 skelies 4 specters gtfo witch doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I enjoy poe way more than d3, its actualy fun and the story isnt half bad, i agree the combat doesnt feel as fluid as d3 as melee, but i love my witch 10 zombies 13 skelies 4 specters gtfo witch doctor.

So much fun having your own personal army. Shame that low level summoner isn't as much fun. Once you get to late cruel/early merciless though, it really shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Played another 5 minutes of this with AA turned off.

Crash to Blue screen again.

I'm done.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Played another 5 minutes of this with AA turned off.

Crash to Blue screen again.

I'm done.

Very very odd. PoE has its flaws, but it's generally very stable. I've been playing a long time (early beta) and I've not seen many reports about CTD or blue screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Only issue I have had is the syncing. Other than that its a great game. Having played both games, personally I prefer PoE. Its so good, I actually feel I should support it by buying extra stash tabs.

Anyone wrote: »
    Only issue I have had is the syncing. Other than that its a great game. Having played both games, personally I prefer PoE. Its so good, I actually feel I should support it by buying extra stash tabs.

I was worried that they would make no money and shut the game down. But every time I go to town, there's a bunch of people with cosmetic effects/pets etc. I see one guy who had about €80 worth on one character alone.

I've bought some stash tabs myself and 2 of the weapon effects that were on sale...purely to support the developers.

What I like about these games is that the developers HAVE to make it a good game. This kind of business model will fail miserably if the players aren't very happy with the game.

Can you imagine of X: Rebirth was done in the same way? They'd have about €50 in their bank accounts right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

POE is such a great game and going from strength to strength - new leagues and expansions every few months, constant improvements, developers really listen to the community and respond rapidly to feedback. I was a diehard Diablo fan from D1 through all the expansions but have had no inclination to return to the new D3 expansion now that I've been playing POE for nearly a year. It's great to see a game constantly evolve bringing new challenges and new ways of playing. F2P but I'm glad to buy a supporter pack every now then to support such a great game and I think most of the community who love this game will do likewise.

Advertisement