Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Wish i could afford Lyons, Aldi for us.....frown.png

Could be worse.....could be Tescos own brand...:pac::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Brought out the bike out, got the floppy mirror fixed and have a bit of a plan for other things that need doing

447090.jpg

You can see my magnum ice cream sticks and wine cork shift lever in that pic,

I need new rearsets I can either get a replacement oem one or go with second hand gilles / woodcraft / etc also some gsxr rearsets fit, think it's pre 2007 ones.

Not sure which way to go. Seems like not many good condition second hand rearsets go up for sale online. New ones are too much at 400 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

You can see my magnum ice cream sticks and wine cork shift lever in that pic,

I need new rearsets I can either get a replacement oem one or go with second hand gilles / woodcraft / etc also some gsxr rearsets fit, think it's pre 2007 ones.

Not sure which way to go. Seems like not many good condition second hand rearsets go up for sale online. New ones are too much at 400 euro

I had the Chinese ones on my sv, they were sound, eBay or amazon can’t remember but didn’t break the bank looked well too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Put a pair of Metzler Tourance Next on my XT1200. €263. fitted to loose wheels, balanced and new valves from Lee Motorcycles. Tourance Next are now being made in China. :( All previous sets (4) were made in Germany.

• Advertisement

Madmoto rearsets off Ebay seem ok.

Bastard to get working on the race bike with the quickshifter though.
    Too much scaffolding involved.

SES Rearsets ordered now from the UK instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Not quite as impressive as stewy, but I finally got the wind deflectors on the bike.

Made a massive massive difference to driving last night.

Edit: - massive shout out to Rob Davis and his great website who I got the parts from, and a literal crap tonne of advice too http://robdavistelford.co.uk/webspace/deauville/
    gcP73d9m.jpg

tEP8SbZm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Madmoto rearsets off Ebay seem ok.

Bastard to get working on the race bike with the quickshifter though.
    Too much scaffolding involved.

SES Rearsets ordered now from the UK instead.

Well at least you'll have an SES sticker for the bike....:p

Well at least you'll have an SES sticker for the bike....:p
    And make sure to keep the sticker straight. You know what they are like on here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Riva10 wrote: »
    And make sure to keep the sticker straight. You know what they are like on here.:D

Poor Makikomi's old Z1000 was written off because his steering damper sticker was crooked* !! :pac:

*may be complete lies

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    Riva10 wrote: »

Poor Makikomi's old Z1000 was written off because his steering damper sticker was crooked* !! :pac:

*may be complete lies

Maybe the sticker was straight...:)

Funny fookers you lot are.......rofl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Funny fookers you lot are.......rofl.

Shouldnt you be off designing a carbon fibre composite frame for your bike or something ?? :pac:

Got one on order I'd guess.....:)

D3V!L wrote: »
    Shouldnt you be off designing a carbon fibre composite frame for your bike or something ?? :pac:
    All ready done that.

CBR race bike has more carbon than the S1000rr.....:pac::D

Well at least in hundreds of years when they dig it up they'll know when it was built....:)

I'll get me coat......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Depending on how the exhaust replacement goes, I'm considering adding on some lower fairings to the bike.

Obvious bonuses are standard things, less muck and rain on the engine so should help to lower corrosion, but has anyone got any downsides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Obvious bonuses are standard things, less muck and rain on the engine so should help to lower corrosion, but has anyone got any downsides?

Annoying to take off when doing your oil change or other maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Depending on how the exhaust replacement goes, I'm considering adding on some lower fairings to the bike.

The engine will still get plastered with muck and the fairing will limit access for cleaning so when you do take it off it will be hard to clean and more corroded than before!

Brembo monoblock and RCS 19 MC going on the bike on Saturday.

SBS sintered race pads too.

• Advertisement

Brembo monoblock and RCS 19 MC going on the bike on Saturday.

SBS sintered race pads too.

Nice...I wouldn't trust that bit of wire to hold the lever on for long tho......:)

Nice...I wouldn't trust that bit of wire to hold the lever on for long tho......:)

It's a Brembo pin that holds the lever in place. It's not a conventional lever screw that Brembo use.
    Needs to be tapped out with a hammer and punch to replace lever.

That bit of wire is lockwire.....so there's no way it can come loose out on track.
    Done for safety reasons....just like lockwiring the oil filter and sump plug.

It's a Brembo pin that holds the lever in place. It's not a conventional lever screw that Brembo use.
    Needs to be tapped out with a hammer and punch to replace lever.

That bit of wire is lockwire.....so there's no way it can come loose out on track.
    Done for safety reasons....just like lockwiring the oil filter and sump plug.

Having wired everything on my track bike i know the score.;)...just pullin yer wire mate...:p

Having wired everything on my track bike i know the score.;)...just pullin yer wire mate...:p

DICK EMERY - 'You Are Awful, But I Like You' - 45rpm 1972 - YouTube

:D

Ah poor Dick....loved Dick back in the day......:)

stuck an old indicator on with a few bolts as a gear peg and went for a spin

The peg fell off 5 mins away but I came home changing gears with my hand and stuck it on again with another washer and went off for an hour. Very nice to be out on it again.

The left footpeg goes past horizontal because the little tab under it was abraded off. So while I was leaning over today it actually went and pointed fully downwards :o

Not sure whether to go for chinese CNC rearsets for around 100 euro or a set of used vortex / woodcraft for a good bit more money. Or a set from a gsxr, I think some years are a direct bolt on.. I don't want to do an OEM sv replacement, they are all really expensive used and look in bad enough condition

the exhaust "fix" I did isn't really going to last either and it's a bit on the loud side.

I'm in connemara most of the week for work and would love to have the bike up there, so I might speed up a bit and start ordering the rearsets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What about these ff?
    If you use parcel wizard you should only be waiting around 15 days.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162980867041

haha "fuxing CNC motor parts" hopefully they're fuxing good ones

it says sv in the title and gsxr in the description I wonder will it fit. seems to be good though 70 euro all in. 'grey' or 'silver' I wonder for the finish lasting longer?

What year is your sv?
    I think 2003-2008 sv has the same pegs as 2000-2005 GSXR600 and 2000-2004 GSXR1000.

• Advertisement

It's 2003, I'll have a look. There should be more used gilles vortex woodcraft etc for gsxr anyway too if it's the same fitment

put in an offer on some chinese rearsets and if they deny it then I'm going to go with a more expensive set of used ones. mostly because I don't want it to be the 20th of june before I get the chinese ones and there's not a massive amount in the difference between them when you get an extra month of riding the bike during summer

at least that's how I'm selling the idea of gilles to myself

Brembo M4 Monoblocks and 19-18 MC fitted today.

SBS sintered race pads fitted too.

Today I took the S1000rr for a wee spin.

Today I took the S1000rr for a wee spin.

Cafe racer night there on friday 27..c u there...:)

Cafe racer night there on friday 27..c u there...:)

Few of us heading up there this Friday about 7:30pm for a coffee and get together.

Sure come on up.:)

• Advertisement

Sort of bike related as the shed if primarily for the bikes.
    I have it 4 years and being meaning to fit shoots but only got around to it today.
    Got 2 IBC tanks(€25 each)wrapped them in polythene(so they won't go green from algae) and connected the top one to the bottom one.
    All I need now is it to rain! :pac:

2e0n2nb.jpg

Took all the fairings off the Ducati, cleaned and acf 50 the whole bike, even the inside of the fairings got cleaned and acf. Job took nearly the whole day but hopefully the stuff works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

blade1 wrote: »
    Sort of bike related as the shed if primarily for the bikes.
    I have it 4 years and being meaning to fit shoots but only got around to it today.
    Got 2 IBC tanks(€25 each)wrapped them in polythene(so they won't go green from algae) and connected the top one to the bottom one.
    All I need now is it to rain! :pac:

2e0n2nb.jpg

Where'd you pick them up ?

listermint wrote: »
    Where'd you pick them up ?

County Waterford.
    Someone had a good few of them outside their house and I asked where could I get some and he sold me them.
    2 fit perfectly into the back of a Renault Traffic!

Nice bit of water in them this morning after a bit of rain last night! :)
    I have a Nilfisk pressure washer so very handy for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Blade1....I have one of these tanks ready to connect up. What fitting did you use to connect it to the garden hose.

• Advertisement

Blade1....I have one of these tanks ready to connect up. What fitting did you use to connect it to the garden hose.

23h84uv.jpg

I put a hole in the cap by heating a copper pipe and pushing it though it.
    Then just a standard hose fittings that you can pick up in probably any discount store.
    You can then use Tiger Seal or perhaps Tech7 to stick it.
    I also put a gauze inside it to trap anything that could possibly spit out of the pressure washer.

new exhaust new rearsets
    449047.jpg

449048.jpg

449049.jpg

449050.jpg

got the exhaust for 50 euro and the rearsets were chinese with fast postage so around 120 euro.

bike is filthy and looks tatty in the pictures up close but i'll clean it up eventually.

Just noticed in the pic I have to tighten up the adjuster on the gear pushrod

I also have no brake light switch on the rear at the moment. A pressure switch came with the rearsets but don't know if I like how chinese it looks

Did you not have fairings on that ?

No never just usually take pics from a nice angle

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I fitted new led indicators to the rear of the sv650 at the weekend.
    I got them because one of the standard ones was broken but I have to say I'm surprised how much I like how they look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

New screen fitted today, should take some wind blast off on the motorway.

449364.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yoshi stuff is niiiice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

51500km on the clock on the NC. Fresh oil and filter and front pads today.

I gave the front caliper a good clean. It was caked in salt and crap. I would have done it earlier in the year but the cold kept up for a while and the roads were been gritted into April.

On the downside I was using a parkside dremmel tool from aldi I think and she started to smoke and sound odd. I barley used it. Under 10 mins in total. So thats going back.

Lost power last week on the way home. Dead. Had replaced the battery the week before so looked like stator gone.

Brought it home in the van and ordered electrosport stator and MOSFET rectifier for DL650.

Replace them all yesterday went to start the bike and for an F1 on dash. In dealer mode the got C12, crank position sensor.

Took the stator out again and I'd put the sensor in back to front. :P

Replaced it and she started perfect.

So whole new charging system in now . Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

listermint wrote: »

Replace them all yesterday went to start the bike and for an F1 on dash. In dealer mode the got C12, crank position sensor.

Dealer Mode on the Vstrom is great.

I love the R1200GS, but I wouldn't be surprised to see myself back on a Vstrom in the future (or a Deauville :p )

A seriously good bike. I bitterly regretted changing mine for the Z1000, but I'm happy to be on the 1200GS but had my head ruled my heart on the Zed I'd still be happily riding my Vstrom and saving a wade of money on petrol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement