Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Hospital Parking

Options
  • 11-01-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be attending the hospital in Drogheda on Tuesday coming (15th Jan) for the day. I am wondering are there any long stay car parks in the area that are cheaper than paying the hospital car park charges of 2 euro per hour.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

If only it was €2 per hour in the hospital car park. It's now €4.

Hunky Dory's park (where Drogheda United play) is across the street from the hospital. Last time I used that it was €2 per hour.

Go up the windmill road (one way) or if you are coming from the motorway go past the ground and cut through the hospital at the graveyard entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

If you're reasonably mobile, you could park in the free car park on Trinity Street near Carr's Garage - it's about a 15-20 min walk to the hospital (uphill on the way there though!).

Another option might be the Laurence Town Centre car park, which will be open until 7pm on Tuesday. Can't find the daily parking rate online, but someone said to me a while ago that it was very reasonable. Again, 10-15 mins walk to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

When did the car park go up to €4 per hour? That's way to expensive. The only prices I could find on line are these from 2011:

MAIN CAR PARK CROSSLANES

UP TO 1 HOUR €2
    1 - 2 HOURS €4
    2 - 3 HOURS €6
    3 - 4 HOURS €7.50
    4 - 5 HOURS €9
    5 - 6 HOURS €10.50
    6 - 10 HOURS €12
    8 - 10 HOURS €13.50

MAXIMUM DAILY CHARGE €20

Last updated on: 13 / 01 / 2011

I wonder what the daily rate is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

€40 per day is the maximum according to this.
    Irish Indo wrote:
    Our Lady of Lourdes in Drogheda gives the first 20 minutes free but imposes a fee of €4 for anyone who stays for up to an hour. Its maximum daily charge is a massive €40.

It went to €3 for a while and then quickly to €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

you could park at mc cabes garage(used to be mc cabes cant remember the name noe) on the north rd and walk down, should be free parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Or park at bottom of Bothar Brugha(free) and walk up, 5 mins.Also I think parking on the Windmill Road from Bothar Brugha to hospital is €1.20 an hour and free from 6pm to 8am,could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Bothar Bruagh is pay parking, there is some free parking along the North Road, if the car park is €40 per day it would be cheaper to park somewhere like Woodies and get a taxi to and from the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    €40 per day is the maximum

€40 a day is absolutely sickeningly greedy! :mad: Just for comparison, Tallaght Hospital is around €14 for the day, and you can park in Dublin City Center for the entire day for just €12!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    Bothar Bruagh is pay parking
    I park on Bothar Brugha every day for work and its free.No meters on the road as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Hi guys,

I parked in the free car park in Mell, down past Aldi on the left. I walked back up which took me about 10-15 mins.

The main car park in the hospital is €4 per hour (max daily rate €40) you get 20 mins free so it gives you time to go in & drop/collect someone and come back out for free. The large car park opposite the soccer ground is €2 per hour (max daily rate €20).

Back agian this week so will park back down at mell again I think or is there somewhere closer for free! Not to familiar with street names in Drogheda though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement