Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof Of Funds

• 11-01-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi ALL,

I am currently in Canada and will be applying for my second year visa shortly.

I had a question regarding the "Proof of Funds"

Does this to be still shown as from looking at some posts/threads I can't see too much about it.

Does it just need to be shown coming into the country now?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    Hi ALL,

I am currently in Canada and will be applying for my second year visa shortly.

I had a question regarding the "Proof of Funds"

Does this to be still shown as from looking at some posts/threads I can't see too much about it.

Does it just need to be shown coming into the country now?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
    You need a bank statement from the within the previous 7 days before traveling to Canada. I haven't heard of anyone actually being asked for it, myself and my gf weren't and we thought we would, being young and having no jobs lined up. Regardless don't travel without it, don't let them find a reason to refuse you entry.

Edit: Ah I see your already in Canada. Technically yes because they count the 2nd IEC visa as completely seperate to the first, so you should have $2500 and the price of a plane home on re-entering Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Thanks for reply

I am already in Canada and have been last nine months, when I applied previously I had to fill out a proof of funds form, go to the bank and get it stamped and send with my application but it looks like this has been taken out?

Did anyone that applied last year have to do this?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    Thanks for reply

I am already in Canada and have been last nine months, when I applied previously I had to fill out a proof of funds form, go to the bank and get it stamped and send with my application but it looks like this has been taken out?

Did anyone that applied last year have to do this?

Thanks!

I didn't we we're just told to have the bank statement for checking on arrival in Canada, getting a bank statement from my bank was another story. 'Sorry we don't print statements in the branch you'll have to ring customer service and we'll send it out to you in 2 weeks'. Which was useless, I ended up printing a screen shot of my online banking which may not have been good enough :o

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

No surprises there re the bank at home, jokers

That's grand one less thng to worry about

Cheers

Advertisement