Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boost Belkin signal using Apple Airport Extreme

Options
  • 11-01-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I have a Belkin router and I want to boost the signal using my Airport Extreme (I still want the Belkin to be my main router). When I set the Airport Extreme to "Extend a wireless network" and select my network, it tells me that "The network you selected cannot be extended."

At first I thought it could be because the belkin router isnt an Apple router, but Apple cant be that closed down can they? Is there something I need to do to the Belkin to let it be extended (I have searched it's web configuration thoroughly and found nothing). Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Adding an external ariel would extend the range.

This is very easily done. You can buy lots of different ariels and if you're inclined to do so, you can even make your own high gain ariel.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am virtually cetain that the Airport extreme need to be working with a router that is wds compatible.

This may be of interest to you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_distribution_system

Advertisement