Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microtech Alarm battery issue

Options
  • 11-01-2013 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

My wife's friend is having an issue with their alarm, a battery symbol is coming up on the panel as if its a battery issue, They got a silly quote to fix it, I did my own battery after getting a similar quote so they asked me to have a look at replacing the battery.

The alarm is a Microtech ademco, they sent me pictures on her FB so I cant upload an image, but it looks kinda old, the keys are more worn than my own.

I dont think they have the engineer code and i found something online that suggests what the codes will be, but Id like to confirm (by PM if necessary or possible).

While I didnt actually need the engineer code for my own, I want to ensure taking the battery out isn't going to erase any settings.

edit,
    I should say, there is no way I find it likely they are compliant with the latest regulations (last yr or two), but they are not claiming to be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

anyone?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You won't need an engineer code there. Just remove the battery & replace like with like.(Leave the mains power on to be sure )
    Be careful not to go near the main power or the transformer in the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

KoolKid wrote: »
    You won't need an engineer code there. Just remove the battery & replace like with like.(Leave the mains power on to be sure )
    Be careful not to go near the main power or the transformer in the panel.

Thanks for the reply, I did that already, I considered that (not powering down the mains, and thats what I did in case it affected the settings anyway).
    I found the manual online in case it was necessary and see it has 50 odd pages and is reasonably detailed. After looking through it, It's renewed my interest in updating/replacing my own, but be a while before the funds materialise.
    I've experience working on electrical panels in the past, mostly troubleshooting stuff, so absolutely agree, am always careful around the mains (whatever the supplied voltage and form is).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got it sorted. ..

Advertisement