Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Honey-ec wrote: »
    That's kind of my point. I wouldn't expect someone to spoiler plot points in a discussion of, say, Great Expectations or Anna Karinina or something. I think when a story has been in the public domain for 150+ years, it's a reasonable expectation that it shouldn't be considered a massive secret.

That's fair enough where people are interested in literature and have a decent knowledge of the classics. But many others do not, so it's not unreasonable to spoiler plot details of a classic, especially when it's now a major Hollywood film that plenty want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

The amount of drink I consumed over the hols didn't help, was 5 nights in a row in pubs serving craft beer leading up to New Year's! Trying to behave myself a bit now though, less rubbish and more fruit and veg in general, and more gym, running and yoga. I'm off the drink too for Jan, which helps.

Right here with you there RK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I honestly don't see the point of bickering about something so insignificant. It's done, it can't be changed. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My back garden is like a mud pit which means with 2 dogs my kitchen floor often looks like a barn floor. Paw prints and, when they get excited paw skids across the floor. I'm washing it every hour or so.

So today I decided the dogs are not going back out the back, they can go to the toilet on one of their walks. Well I opened the door this morning to empty the bin and they both ran out (this is never a problem when I WANT them to go out :rolleyes:)

My floor got mucky, and I broke my mop.:mad:

I decided to bath them and go back to the original plan. No point in cleaning the floor until the boys are clean right? And no more out the back today.

So I brought the little guy up. In my efforts not to make a big deal out of the bath and worrying him, I didn't close the doors properly. In the bathroom with the little fella all suddy and I could hear the other guy happily barrelling up and down the stairs.

Mucky Paw Prints everywhere. Up and down the carpeted stairs, on the cat bed on the landing, all over the couches.

I'm so annoyed with myself for not closing the doors. I have a few hours of cleaning ahead of me now. No Mop, my hoover is crap (can you hoover mud?). And two clean dogs who are now sitting on a muddy couch. :rolleyes:

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the point of bickering about something so insignificant. It's done, it can't be changed. Get over it.

Tell you what then, how about the next time something annoys me slightly, I'll pm you to ask if you deem it significant enough to mention :p

Ah lads don't make me start throwing chocolate bars Mr T style at ye

bluewolf wrote: »

Not snickers. They're awful. I will have some daim milka please. (only a euro in my local shop, this is not a good thing!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

If you could aim in my direction please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Honey-ec wrote: »

That's kind of my point. I wouldn't expect someone to spoiler plot points in a discussion of, say, Great Expectations or Anna Karinina or something. I think when a story has been in the public domain for 150+ years, it's a reasonable expectation that it shouldn't be considered a massive secret.

I dont know the plots of those either, doesnt mea I wouldnt sit down and watch the movies.
    Between work and college I dont have the time to make my way through the classics. Should I be punished for that?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Whispered wrote: »
    Not snickers. They're awful. I will have some daim milka please. (only a euro in my local shop, this is not a good thing!)
    If you could aim in my direction please and thank you.

I have a bar of milka here on the table the past few weeks

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I dont know the plots of those either, doesnt mea I wouldnt sit down and watch the movies.
    Between work and college I dont have the time to make my way through the classics. Should I be punished for that?

No.

Great Expectations is particularly good. It's definitely worth a read if you get a chance. I think there is a film adaptation of it too actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Great Expectations is particularly good. It's definitely worth a read if you get a chance. I think there is a film adaptation of it too actually.
    I can tell you the end of it, save you the read! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

News just in!!!!

Romeo & Juliet both die at the end of Romeo & Juliet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

News just in!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I haven't seen the film

Dairy milk/milka oreo please :eek:
    No wait I'm throwing them. Oreo please, self! :p

I loved great expectations and read and saw it, but have still forgotten the ending :confused:
    20 mins and I'm out of here

• Advertisement

I can tell you the end of it, save you the read! :p

I've read it thanks.
    News just in!!!!

And the titanic sinks at the end of the film.

Am I funny too?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I loved great expectations and read and saw it, but have still forgotten the ending :confused:

It really is one that slips away, isn't it? I only saw an adaptation last year and I was still struggling to remember the very end. I have it now though. Stay in there, pesky information.

I've got lots of Wicked songs going about in my head today. #Who can say if I've been changed for the better...#

Thank heavens the singing voice inside my head is better than the one that comes out of my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Went to the doctor and was sent for x-ray. Nothing broken, yay! Have it strapped up for a week, taking anti-inflammatories for 5 days and have an appointment for ten days time to check if the numbness has gone. :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It really is one that slips away, isn't it? I only saw an adaptation last year and I was still struggling to remember the very end. I have it now though. Stay in there, pesky information.

I've got lots of Wicked songs going about in my head today. #Who can say if I've been changed for the better...#

Thank heavens the singing voice inside my head is better than the one that comes out of my mouth.

I saw one with ethan hawke yeaaaaars ago. I think it was him. rrrrr.

Speaking of singing, I'm going to do some singing today, I decided. I haven't practised in ages and I still can't get that Schubert song out of my head!!

Went to the doctor and was sent for x-ray. Nothing broken, yay! Have it strapped up for a week, taking anti-inflammatories for 5 days and have an appointment for ten days time to check if the numbness has gone. :)

What did you do?

(I really need to go hoover my stairs, I'm procrastinating)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've been watching Beavis & Butthead for the past few evenings, feeling like a teenager all over again :D Though it is responsible for getting this monstrosity stuck in my head:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Good news PP :)

What did you do?

(I really need to go hoover my stairs, I'm procrastinating)

Caught my left index finger in a fold-up bed and sort of crushed it. It was a big "ouchie moment" at the time but it went numb right after it happened and it's still numb.

Caught my left index finger in a fold-up bed and sort of crushed it. It was a big "ouchie moment" at the time but it went numb right after it happened and it's still numb.

Ah you poor thing! Sorry I do remember reading that now. It was caught for a bit wasn't it?

At least you're not nursing a break. Hopefully the anti-inflam's will do the trick.

Are you left handed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Dolbert wrote: »
    I've been watching Beavis & Butthead for the past few evenings, feeling like a teenager all over again :D Though it is responsible for getting this monstrosity stuck in my head:

That is atrocious! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That is atrocious! :)

It's possibly the worst song I've ever heard, so why is is stuck in my head?! lol

I've also been hit with a sledgehammer of a cold. I wish I could just teleport home instead of like, having to leave the office and stuff.

Ah you poor thing! Sorry I do remember reading that now. It was caught for a bit wasn't it?

At least you're not nursing a break. Hopefully the anti-inflam's will do the trick.

Are you left handed?

Yeah for about ten seconds maybe but it felt like bloody ages because it hurt and I got such a fright. :o

Thankfully I'm right handed so it's not so bad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm amusing myself on the bus by listening to Fall Out Boy, the cringeworthy sound of my teenagedom. So bad but so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Boooo jet lag! But had such an amazing week in Montreal, totally worth it. Long days of work and long nights of social events and "networking" at the open bar :p. My team made the semi finals of the competition, which is amazing, level of competition was fierce. Beyond delighted!

Such a fun week, met some amazing people. Highlight of my masters for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Been watching Beavis & Butthead lately too Dolbert. Hilarious stuff :pac:

• Advertisement

I am so flippin' cold today.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I am so flippin' cold today.. :o

Me too, huddled close to the radiator beside my desk. Much tea and soup has been consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm amusing myself on the bus by listening to Fall Out Boy, the cringeworthy sound of my teenagedom. So bad but so good!

I like FOB :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Today my editor brought in some ginger cake that she’d made (it was soooo good) One of our colleagues was passing and saw some leftover cake on the desk, and she said “Is that cake going gash?”

Much hilarity and confusion ensued… Turns out she was asking if the cake was going spare, as in did nobody else want it! She’d never heard anyone use the word gash in the context that the rest of us were thinking :o

Wow. Quentin Tarantino just made me not want to watch his movie.

Me too, huddled close to the radiator beside my desk. Much tea and soup has been consumed.

Think a mug of tea would do the trick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Wow. Quentin Tarantino just made me not want to watch his movie.
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

time for yoga :) I think I have decided on a gym to join. It has only taken me 2 months to make that decision :o

Ella wrote: »
    Why?

I watched an interview he did with Krishnan Guru-Murthy where he was agressively defensive. He came across like such a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Krishnan Guru-Murthy

I really like him. He always comes across as really chilled out and pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I watched an interview he did with Krishnan Guru-Murthy where he was agressively defensive. He came across like such a dick.
    Oh no, i saw one with him the other day and i wanted to go on a session with him.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I really like him. He always comes across as really chilled out and pleasant.

Yeah. He only let on how personally he was taking it near the end when QT asked him if he thought he was past his peak in filmmaking. He told him that he actually liked his films and then looked a little crushed as he added, "you might not believe that."

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah. He only let on how personally he was taking it near the end when QT asked him if he thought he was past his peak in filmmaking. He told him that he actually liked his films and then looked a little crushed as he added, "you might not believe that."

:(

Doesn't look all that great a film anyway but I'll probably eat my words if I go see it now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Procrastinating majorly about an unpleasant task that I have to do. And I can't leave work until it's done! Which means I may be here for some time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Tarantino's been at that for years, he's an assclown. I really don't get why he's so popular either, it's all been downhill since Pulp Fiction, and all he does is repackage sleazy exploitation movie plots, it's like he's got hipster cred or something.

still, I liked Inglorious Basterds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My cat Kitler got ran over into smush this morning while i was in work. :(

She was lovely, much nicer than the other two horrible ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thats horrible,real sorry to hear that,poor kitty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

*hugs* :(

Ah PF sorry to hear about poor Kitler :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Krishnan should be just glad he didn't spit at him, Tarantino did that before. I can see where they're both coming from, but Tarantino is on a press junket doing puff piece interviews for his movie not going into a debate about film violence, people doing interviews like that probaby get asked the same questions 20 times a day. And like he said he's being getting grilled on movie violence for 20 years now and is just sick of being asked the same thing over and over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement