Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

Fair enough, I'm a introvert anyway so while it was weird for me to do it the first time I like it well enough

This body scrub is amazing, I keep stroking my arms and hands :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

bluewolf wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'm a introvert anyway so while it was weird for me to do it the first time I like it well enough

This body scrub is amazing, I keep stroking my arms and hands :o:o

What scrub are you using?

I got some lavender scrub over in SF, expensive but feckin worth it
    http://www.lalineusa.com/
    http://www.lalineusa.com/products/Dead-Sea-Salt-Body-Scrub-with-nourishing-oils-.html

and I got shower stuff that smells like strawberry milk and comes out like whipped cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hot water bottle refilled :)

trying desperately to stay cozy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Just up out of me bed:eek:

Really love the lazy Saturday:)

• Advertisement

Just up out of me bed:eek:

Really love the lazy Saturday:)
    me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Bawling in New Look in Jervis is not how i saw this weekend going....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Why? Hope your okay....x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Been a bad few days lately. So I'm listening to this on repeat for the foreseeable future. :)

@Ella, very sorry to hear what you went through last night. Fair play for deciding to go to the guards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I mean she was really, really good.

I use slang because I'm down with the kids, yo.

Seriously, after one of her big songs there was complete silence in the sold-out theatre except for one guy who blurted out "holy sh1t" in awe.

Aw Foux! See, that's why I shouldn't post late at night. I thought you meant she killed it, like made it dead? That doesn't even make sense now:o

I am beyond happy today, I just found out that Wicked is coming to Dublin later this year. I want tickets for all the shows :pac:

I started blogging again yesterday. It feels good to write things down, cathartic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

:( Hope you're ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Woke up in the dark cloud place today, in a hotel room with my boyfriend on the other side of the mahooosive bed, havent felt right all day and looked pregnant when i tried on clothes. Brain has been at me with the "he cant love you you are crap" stuff all day.

Kitty, I think its downloading and sharing is the problem, not just one. Not sure though.

Hope you're ok LMP, dark cloud days are crap, but remember its just one day and it'll be over in 7 hours.. New day then :) Pm open if you need to talk xx

I should get up and do something. Feel like my day has been wasted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Whispered, that's shocking. I was sure it was illegal. Surely that's a kind of cruelty, to keep puppies in the shop all day and night locked up.

well done on your jogging PP, it's great to be able to do isn't it!?

Did some cycling today, 5.5km actually :) nothing great sounding, but it's all on a hill around where I am, so it was tough in parts. then did my stomach crunches after my dinner. Tried making my own chow mein sauce, :/ way too salty with the soy sauce, needed more sugar or something. meh.

LMP I know how you feel (or well I think I do). as AY said, try keep in mind it's probably just the one day. try not to let your unhelpful thoughts get you down too much.

AY I just saw your cig counter thing there, well done, you must be delighted :) some amount of money saved!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all.

Ella so sorry you had to go through something like that. You are doing the complete right thing and best of luck tomorrow.

LMP, as AY said, remember it's one day, nearly over, have a nice night with your boyfriend and tomorrow is another day x x

I made bean burgers from scratch. Nom nom, now going to a friend's house for pancakes and Canadian maple syrup. Tomorrow I'm making a roast for everyone too. Here's hoping I don't screw it up.

Having a lovely lazy weekend. Might go for a run tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good Saturday night

Thanks Gongoozler, I feel so proud, I dont even think about them anymore other than when Im telling everyone how long Im off them :D

Well done on your cycle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Daisies wrote: »
    I made bean burgers from scratch. Nom nom, now going to a friend's house for pancakes and Canadian maple syrup. Tomorrow I'm making a roast for everyone too. Here's hoping I don't screw it up.

That sounds amazing, come make me dinner! This was meant to be a romantic weekend with my boyfriend because we haven't hung out much since...November, despite living together and seeing each other nearly every day. We've both been so busy that it's just been dinner, couch, sleep, work, repeat.

So far on our "romantic" weekend we have watched tv with his godson, gone to Tesco, and now he's at the cinema with his brother :rolleyes:

So while he's being a lazy lardass in the cinema, I, Cerulean Chicken, the laziest person alive, did the first day of Couch to 5k! Not only did I not die from it, but I actually didn't find it too bad, and jogged UPHILL!!! Delighted with myself so I am. Purple Pawprints 6 months ago I couldn't walk the same route in under an hour and would be in a heap at the end, just shows that if you keep it up you can get better really fast. I've done 8 walks since the 1st of January, and a lovely boardsie told me last night that I look like I've lost weight, huzzah! (Before we shared a dessert platter lol).

Anyways, it appears I will be slim and fit and still barely seeing my boyfriend but sure that'll do for now :p

Why does everything involving a boy have to be complicated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Loving my new hair, thank christ!

We're all going out for dinner tomorrow because I'm going back to France on Wednesday. Should be good, and I LOVE going out for dinner so I'll be happy out even if there are arguments :p

Going to start C25K first thing on Thursday morning.

I'm looking forward to going back to trx next thursday
    Yes I really did say that :eek:
    I started walking up the stairs in work as well
    I'm tired and my head is woozy and study is interesting but still hard work zzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

LMP, hope you feel better soon. :( Days like that are crap but will pass.

I drove a bit with Mam today, and didn't a) crash the car, b) murder her, or c) get murdered by her! Huge progress! I'm learning and don't really enjoy it, and I was better in my lesson last week than I was today, but I suppose it's all practice and will help.

Good luck tomorrow Ella, you're definitely doing the right thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

[QUOTE=Cerulean
    Chicken;82652989] Purple Pawprints 6 months ago I couldn't walk the same route in under an hour and would be in a heap at the end, just shows that if you keep it up you can get better really fast. I've done 8 walks since the 1st of January, and a lovely boardsie told me last night that I look like I've lost weight, huzzah! (Before we shared a dessert platter lol).
    [/QUOTE]

I barely got any exercise but I started on WW Day 1 and did a 45 minute walk. Was about 2km but would like to get the time down. Down to 40 minutes today because of the jogging. Would love to eventually jog the whole thing. :D

It's amazing how good I felt after. I was wrecked but I felt great. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tut tut.

Home Ec. was good for something!

Never did home ec :)

What's this one
    The following can cause cookies to spread too much:
    Too low of heat
    A dark pan instead of a silver pan.
    Too little sugar.
    Not enough grease on the pan.

Too much sugar and too much grease make them spread, right? Must be the oven temp too low?

Bread is baked when it sings ;s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

That sounds amazing, come make me dinner!

I will come make you dinner if you pay for my airfare, in fact I will cook you two dinners and maybe even dessert. Deal??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Never did home ec :)

What's this one
    The following can cause cookies to spread too much:
    Too low of heat
    A dark pan instead of a silver pan.
    Too little sugar.
    Not enough grease on the pan.

Too much sugar and too much grease make them spread, right? Must be the oven temp too low?

Bread is baked when it sings ;s

I reckon it's the low heat. Yeah.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Triple. Chocolate. Brownies.

I. Am. Legend.

I rewarded myself with a toasted tuna and cheese wrap and a pear with homemade fudge sauce, nom :) Things taste so much better when you know you've worked for it.

• Advertisement

Things taste so much better when you know you've worked for it.

It's funny how the opposite is true too. There's nothing quite like the subtle undertones of bitterness and guilt when you're eating something and all you can think is "I should not be having this". :o

It's funny how the opposite is true too. There's nothing quite like the subtle undertones of bitterness and guilt when you're eating something and all you can think is "I should not be having this". :o

No I really don't like that feeling, for the brief moment of enjoyment I kick myself for hours afterwards for eating it, much prefer this clear conscience feeling!

Totally need to make this
    http://www.bakersroyale.com/cheesecake/oreo-cookies-and-cream-no-bake-cheesecake/

Possibly this
    http://bakebakebake.livejournal.com/1089870.html

And buy this for the cheesecakes :D
    http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Metallic-Commercial-12-Cup-Cheese/dp/B0006SJZJ8

Right now I need sleep :confused: I think I am still recovering :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I thought today was Sunday evening. I'm soooooooo happy right now knowing its only Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Gaaah!

The dog is up to his old escape artist tricks again. Cut my arm really badly on the hedge lifting him out of next doors garden over the chicken wire.

Time to hide upstairs and look out the window to see where he goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Saw this without seeing Pixie's post.

lol I can't stop laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Anyone here watch Take Me Out? The bf was watching it again, how can anyone sit and watch it? I must be the only one who finds it painfully boring.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oooh! I want mini Oreo Cheesecakes! Your Oreo cupcakes were gorgeous. Have you tried Oreo truffles? They are nyommy. But I found that the ones I coated in cocoa powder instead of chocolate were both easier and less messy presentation but also tasted nicer.

My Oreo is 8 months! Where did the time go?

Lucyfur wrote: »

I'm not pixie! :)

Bluewolf I think I know where he's getting out, thought we'd fixed it but obviously not well enough! Thank god I have such lovely neighbours

I was the same! :o

Does anyone remember the youtube video of the woman who put the camera on her cat's collar to see where he went during the day? This could be a fairly good solution.

Also, it'd just be really cool. :cool:

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Oooh! I want mini Oreo Cheesecakes! Your Oreo cupcakes were gorgeous. Have you tried Oreo truffles? They are nyommy. But I found that the ones I coated in cocoa powder instead of chocolate were both easier and less messy presentation but also tasted nicer.

:eek: I need to try those too!
    I'm glad you liked the cupcakes! I gave them in a pretty box to a friend for xmas and her family devoured them :)
    8 months! bless!

I'd kinda like some rekorderlig, someone get me some please!

pampootie wrote: »
    I'm not pixie! :)

Bluewolf I think I know where he's getting out, thought we'd fixed it but obviously not well enough! Thank god I have such lovely neighbours

Oh sugarpuffs!! Sorry pampootie!!

*sings pampootie song*

Weirdly, I'm misremembering them as having been born a lot longer ago than that.

Perception of time is confusing. :confused:

Oh sugarpuffs!! Sorry pampootie!!

*sings pampootie song*

Some mod you are.... :P

I'm not sure if it's still ok to eat, but if you check the sell by date, I'm sure you should be fine.

:P

I may need to start signing out of amazon before I click on links that people put up.

There's now a lot of womens' shoes in my "More Items to Consider" section.... :o

They're lovely, Bluey. DO you not have them already :confused:

I hate schuh. Madly expensive. I get very little from there

They're lovely, Bluey. DO you not have them already :confused:

I hate schuh. Madly expensive. I get very little from there

I have the brown ones. But black would go with even more things!! :p:o
    They're the comfiest boots ever, seriously, live in them

*sings pampootie song*

*shakes booty*

I would love to put a camera on him but I think all you'd see would be a few minutes of crazy shaking footage and then lots of teeth as he ate it. At least, that's what happened when I put a santa hat on him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement