Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

In town today I saw two new Candyland shops -that's 3 now, and beside Candyland there is an old fashioned sweet shop with the big jars of sweets, so I got us Golf Balls, Blackjacks, Fruit Salads, Big Time bars, and Wham bars and I'm gonna pretend its 1985 and I'm 10 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

bluewolf wrote: »
    They're the comfiest boots ever, seriously, live in them

Nursery rhyme alert!!!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh I'm all for having favourite shoes in many colours. Go forth and get them, Bluey.

I've been hovering over the final confirmation button but I think I might! :o
    Gonna be feckin broke thanks to paying off that holiday anyway and german lessons :p

"why don't you wear your long suede ones, why did you get them"
    "eh i wanted to return them and YOU threw out the box and receipt while I was at work!"
    "well yeah they're lovely why won't you wear them"
    they don't go with anything aghhh
    I'd love to wear them
    need more swishy skirts to go with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It's amazing how much a good dinner allays my desire to spend money on things I don't need.

Are they nice with skinny jeans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

Thread needs more dubstep kitty.

5Ju3X.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Those boots are lovely. I have them in brown too. Always wear them with skinny jeans

The long ones (I assume you meant them) are ok with my green ones, the only pair of skinny jeans I have, I feel weird in them though

• Advertisement

The long ones (I assume you meant them) are ok with my green ones, the only pair of skinny jeans I have, I feel weird in them though
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa8aerwwqfeajcx/121220-204828.jpg

RIDE!!

I like them with skinny jeans. Get more skinnies. Problem solved :D

I feel totally fat in them though :confused: The pic looks ok but I think it was just a flattering pic :p
    But yeah I'll keep a look out for more skinny jeans

showed mum the oreo cheesecake thing
    "noooo stop showing me tasty things :( "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I feel totally fat in them though :confused: The pic looks ok but I think it was just a flattering pic :p
    But yeah I'll keep a look out for more skinny jeans

Bluey shut up you're a total ride.
    I can't wait to get drunk and tell you this constantly at dinner and drinks.

It probably didn't help that I was on hols with size 8 ladies while wearing them :p Or whatever they were. Skinny minnies.

thanks <3

It'll be fun to meet up

Ah Bluey, c'mon now, you couldn't look fat if you tried. You've the perfect figure, curves galore and a tiny waist. PER-FECT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think those look great Blue!

Went out for breakfast at 3pm this afternoon, still stuffed :)

Did a bit of study and now watching trash tv

• Advertisement

Totally OT here:

I want to be a mod so that when I thank people my name is in BOLD

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Anyone here watch Take Me Out? The bf was watching it again, how can anyone sit and watch it? I must be the only one who finds it painfully boring.

The Irish one is horrible but the one on ITV is quite funny and I think the girls come across way more polished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Bluey you look lovely in the skinnies, and I love the boots. I need new boots but my lack of funds is quite an obstacle :(

My boss constantly p*sses me off lately. I was taking cash from a woman for her food, and the bill came to 32.65. She says 'Oh can you do it for cheaper? I'll give you 30 for the whole lot'. Seeing as we don't exactly do haggling in a hotel, I said I couldn't, that the till wouldn't allow it (which it kinda doesn't).She asked to speak to my manager, who just took her 30 euro without argument. The fact that he totally undermined me really bothered me. And he's given me hardly any hours for next week too.

Bah :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Stheno wrote: »
    I think those look great Blue!

Went out for breakfast at 3pm this afternoon, still stuffed :)

Did a bit of study and now watching trash tv
    Jesus that just reminded me that I haven't eaten all day. Chinese me thinks :)

Went through my new baking book and bookmarked the "strawberry dessert cake" and the "lemon yogurt cake" :cool:

• Advertisement

Cheesus, I'm freezing. Tired too. Contemplating a chinese too. My menfolk aren't home yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Cheesus, I'm freezing. Tired too. Contemplating a chinese too. My menfolk aren't home yet :(
    Go have a bath to warm yourself up and leave the door open cause you've a free gaff :)

I've had a Chinese already with the mama bear, duck in plum sauce and noodles. It was my third takeaway this week, I feel truly disgusting.

*Cracks open the After Eights*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Bluey you ride!!

Im slightly addicted to my xbox but LA Noire is sooo good!

And i made lovely food today and my family are still alive to tell the tale :pac:

Ella wrote: »
    Go have a bath to warm yourself up and leave the door open cause you've a free gaff :)

Ya'know, I don't know if I want a bath. Long day, good but long. Have my blanket that le monkey bought me for Christmas. It's green, I love green <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Next 2 episodes of Borgen are starting shortly on bbc4, I love it. If I had a choice, I'd prefer a date with a cute guy but it's the next best thing :)

Im gonna play the Sims yay!
    Also might have found someone who wants me to ride their horse, so I can save money yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Anyone with leftover Chinese can direct it this way, kthnx :P

I was just thinking it would be some craic to play the sims again and build pretty houses
    install discs are lost all over the place though and missing codes
    Wonder does steam sell it :p

• Advertisement

omg that's too cute :)

I had to teach mum's dog to come down the stairs

I remember the first time Henry used steps, he looked like a truck jack-knifing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

OMG, nearly cried! So adorable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Our dog won't walk up or down steps that have a gap in them (as in individual wooden steps), boyfriend has to pick her up and carry her up and down to our room in my mum's house :o

I was just thinking it would be some craic to play the sims again and build pretty houses
    install discs are lost all over the place though and missing codes
    Wonder does steam sell it :p

Bluey I have the Sims 3, Pets, Ambitions and Generations on disc. I got Seasons so I dont need them.

Can loan them to you and you can keep pets if you want then cause I have it on a download file on my pc :)

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Bluey I have the Sims 3, Pets, Ambitions and Generations on disc. I got Seasons so I dont need them.

Can loan them to you and you can keep pets if you want then cause I have it on a download file on my pc :)

:eek::D
    Yay! thanks!

:eek::D
    Yay! thanks!

I'll bring them to dinner and drinks xx

Remind me on the day!

I've got the writing bug again, and I want to take advantage of it. I had an interesting story idea not too long ago, I must dig it out. Might see what the posters in the Creative Writing forum think of it though.

Also gives me an excuse to buy nice stationary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Genuinely have the best boyfriend ever. He let me drag him all around Forever 21 cos their sizes make me all happy jumpy (screw you New Look!!), after bringing me for iced coffee so I could calm down... and brought me wine in the bath when we got back to the hotel. Wonderful boy.

I felt slightly better for being able to rant on here, thank you for listening...

Everyone having a nice evening?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I've got the writing bug again, and I want to take advantage of it. I had an interesting story idea not too long ago, I must dig it out. Might see what the posters in the Creative Writing forum think of it though.

Also gives me an excuse to buy nice stationary :D

Don't make it so nice that you're afraid to write on it!

This game is scaring me a little :o

Genuinely have the best boyfriend ever. He let me drag him all around Forever 21 cos their sizes make me all happy jumpy (screw you New Look!!), after bringing me for iced coffee so I could calm down... and brought me wine in the bath when we got back to the hotel. Wonderful boy.

I felt slightly better for being able to rant on here, thank you for listening...

See, the dark cloud goes away as quickly as it comes :) Yay for shopping!xx

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Don't make it so nice that you're afraid to write on it!

That's true, my writing looks like the handiwork of a stoned monkey :pac:
    Still, a pretty notepad is far more inspiring than a battered refill pad full of company law notes!

LMP I'm glad you feel better, and your boyfriend sounds like a sweetheart :)

Ohh tell me more about Forever21. I've never bought from there, what's the sizing like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

I don't like Forever 21 here. I used to buy a good bit in North America but not here.

So, boyfriend got home from cinema at 10, he was on computer for about an hour, then we decided we're tired and would go to bed. He was in bed, I was just getting in and about to snuggle up to him, when he got called into work :mad:

• Advertisement

I have Sweet Home Alabama stuck in my head.

I also cant sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This game is scaring me a little :o

What game ?

I'm not even a little bit tired. My sleep pattern was never great but it's the pits at the moment. I'm awake since Thursday :/

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm not even a little bit tired. My sleep pattern was never great but it's the pits at the moment. I'm awake since Thursday :/

Me too :( And I have to get up so early tomorrow!

Im going to get checked for a B12 deficiency at the docs soon!

I take B group vits every day. And magnesium and zinc and maca and acidophilus. I rattle :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement