Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I take B group vits every day. And magnesium and zinc and maca and acidophilus. I rattle :)

You may not be absorbing it. That's what my friend said anyway, she could take B vitamins til the cows come home but she wasn't absorbing it. So she'd be exhausted all the time no matter how much sleep she got, but yet didn't feel tired and couldn't sleep. That's me all over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I have Sweet Home Alabama stuck in my head.
    If it helps at all, I have it stuck in my head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

What game ?

LA Noire. Started it last night i think im nearly finished disk two. I like it but the bit im stuck on is freaking me out.

Is it possible for a part of your eye to become blood shot rather than all of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Think I may go get seen about my patch, started off again after dinner. Its ridiculous....

Now the song is stuck in my head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah I do absorb it :) All my levels are spot on, even my vitamin D :)

I just don't sleep much :/

Think I may go get seen about my patch, started off again after dinner. Its ridiculous....

Now the song is stuck in my head...
    If it helps at all, I have it stuck in my head now.

Mwahahaha :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LA Noire. Started it last night i think im nearly finished disk two. I like it but the bit im stuck on is freaking me out.

Is it possible for a part of your eye to become blood shot rather than all of it?

What bit are you stuck on:D?

Another poor sleeper here!

I think I'd function fabulously if I could go to sleep at 3am and start work at midday.

However, I seem to alternate between having great difficulty sleeping and requiring colossal quantities of the stuff.

Grumble!

What bit are you stuck on:D?

Im chasing Garrett Mason down the catacombs and im just freaked out by it :o

I cant seem to get passed that bit, which im sure is easy it just doesnt work out for me at all.

Ah I do absorb it :) All my levels are spot on, even my vitamin D :)

Ah that makes sense :)
    Another poor sleeper here!

I think I'd function fabulously if I could go to sleep at 3am and start work at midday.

However, I seem to alternate between having great difficulty sleeping and requiring colossal quantities of the stuff.

Grumble!

Yeah I'm a very poor sleeper, don't get to sleep until all hours, and then I cannot wake up. Sleep through all my alarms. Thankfully I wake up naturally at exactly 8.20am every morning so I make it to work in time :)

• Advertisement

Im a terrible sleeper. I pretty much function on few hours of sleep or else go a few days without sleep then have a massive sleep and repeat the cycle :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I learned to live without sleep as le monkey went through a many-years-long phase of sleeping for one hour a night. But, as I'm getting older, I don't cope as well with little sleep :/ However, if I get a good 6 hours, even just one night, I will be recharged and refreshed.

I'm reading reviews on trip advisor. People are funny.

Im having the chats and flirts :)

I shouldnt be though, it creates feelings and he lives too far away for there to be feelings :(

Ah_Yeah wrote: »

I shouldnt be though, it creates feelings and he lives too far away for there to be feelings :(

Feelings are bad, especially if you are friends....stupid fcuking friendzone :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where's he living?

Feelings are bad, especially if you are friends....stupid fcuking friendzone :(

The friendzone is the worst! Do you know you are in the friendzone for sure?
    Where's he living?

He lives at home... 2.5 hour drive away. Doesnt seem like much but with the commitments I have (night course, babysitting and a horse) it would be impossible to try make something work

The friendzone is the worst! Do you know you are in the friendzone for sure?

Im pretty sure i am. Time will tell though.

Im pretty sure i am. Time will tell though.

PM if you wanna vent on it!
    You never know :)

PM if you wanna vent on it!
    You never know :)

You may live to regret that :pac:

• Advertisement

You may live to regret that :pac:

I know what I'm doing ;)

Now, it's off to bed for me to attempt to sleep. I never get lie ins at the weekend anymore :( Night all x

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

....I may have forgot about a report that is due tomorrow that I only partially started before xmas thinking 'I'll finish it after xmas'.

O.o

I'm usually so organised :(

Can someone reset me please

bluewolf wrote: »
    Can someone reset me please
    <presses standby button>

<optimises circuits>

<removes interference wedge>

<adds shiny glitter>

<replaces interference wedge with something less interfering>

<presses wakey wakey button>

No I need the sleepy sleep button! :p

No I need the sleepy sleep button! :p
    The adjustments made during the standby period will allow you to do the sleepy sleeps all by yourself.

Give it a go!

• Advertisement

I need sleep sleepy sleep sleep

I finally found a really nice recording of one of the songs I'm doing, youtube was useless

Em, yeahs, but confident me is confident.
    I need sleep sleepy sleep sleep

<replaces snoozy widget>

<sings soothing lullabies and makes ocean noises>

Em, yeahs, but confident me is confident.

<replaces snoozy widget>

<sings soothing lullabies and makes ocean noises>
    Ocean noises ehh?

*gets sudden urge to pee*

• Advertisement

Ocean noises ehh?

*gets sudden urge to pee*
    No, no! Your new snoozy widget increases antidiuretic hormone secretion and your bladder will most definitely hold out until morning.

Also, I'm not so much making watery noises as cawing gently like a soothing and wise elderly seagull.

Listen to your Auntie PhysiologyRocks.

She is wise.

Caw.

It didn't :(

It didn't :(
    <makes a few little tweaks>

<adds sparkles>

<admires work>

<pats self heartily on back>

<caws>

*twiddles thumbs*

I have to be up in 6 hours :(

Find something boring to read?

Find something boring to read?

Im going to have to do something :(

*looks at report*

I have no idea anymore.

WHY DID I LET MYSELF NOT FINISH THE REPORT WHEN I ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS DOING.

That's really interesting :)

/procrastinates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

20min jog on a Sunday morning

/collapses in a wheezy mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ladies, help.

Was at a 30th last night and long story short, I've ended up adopting a stray. How am I going to introduce him to my current dog? He'll be furious. Do I do it gradually or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

pampootie wrote: »
    Ladies, help.

Was at a 30th last night and long story short, I've ended up adopting a stray. How am I going to introduce him to my current dog? He'll be furious. Do I do it gradually or what?
    A stray man or a stray dog?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

pampootie wrote: »
    Ladies, help.

Very, very hard to introduce a male dog into a home where there is already a male dog.
    A stray man or a stray dog?!

LOL I thought she meant a stray man aswell.

Stray dog!

She's actually a girl. Didn't get a chance to check her out properly last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Romantic but not overpriced things to do in Dublin? We're going to the zoo later before we head home but i want to do a few nice things to make up for being ****e yesterday. Lots of ye seem to be from here....

What kind of dog is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Romantic but not overpriced things to do in Dublin? We're going to the zoo later before we head home but i want to do a few nice things to make up for being ****e yesterday. Lots of ye seem to be from here....

What kind of dog is it?
    All the national museums are free. I used to love wandering around the National Art Gallery and the Natural History Museum with my then-boyfriend at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Pampootie I'm about to do the same thing. I adopted a female collie yesterday (well have to pass the home visit first) and we already have a female collie in the house. We got to briefly introduce them yesterday outside and on leads but I'm worried what the reaction will be when I bring the new dog home.

I think for a while we'll keep them in separate rooms so they get use to the smell of each other and I'm hoping if we stay calm so will they.

How's your dog with other dogs in general?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I used to love just wandering around the food market and the designer market in Temple Bar. The zoo is a good call.

• Advertisement

He's normally good with other dogs but he freaked out there when he met her :( I'm not sure, some kind of beagle cross as far as I can tell. She's horribly thin. I've had to put her in the shed there and she's whining nonstop, this is awful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement