Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

look at that, it's snowing

Ah don't put her in the shed, put her into another room indoors and go between the two, poor thing. If it doesn't work out, you'll just have to find somewhere else for the poor doggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

bluewolf wrote: »
    look at that, it's snowing

Ah don't put her in the shed, put her into another room indoors and go between the two, poor thing. If it doesn't work out, you'll just have to find somewhere else for the poor doggy

Tried that and my guy nearly went through the door to try to get to her.

I really don't want to have to bring her to a rescue, they're heaving with dogs as it is

Ask on facebook etc, you might be able to find someone

It was good of you to take the doggy in all the same! pity it's not working but these things happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone got snow where they live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

cena wrote: »
    Anyone got snow where they live
    Nope not yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It was snowing in North Kildare but seems to be moving South now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dolbert wrote: »
    It was snowing in North Kildare but seems to be moving South now.

It better not come to cork :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

4 hours sleep...I'm tired and am working at 5am in the morning. Should be a fun sleep. And I now have 3 cats....started out with one a few months ago >.>

Got a space booked in a rescue as a back up if the dogs don't calm down by tonight. Have her plastered all over Facebook and left messages with all the local vets about her. Must ring the guards too. My dog is still pissy with me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

And I now have 3 cats....started out with one a few months ago >.>
    a) Lucky.

b) Photographs, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Pampootie well done on taking in the stray!! Getting dogs used to each other can take a while and a lot of work but it can happen. Check out the animal forum, there should be loads of threads on what to do. Or even call the rescue and ask them for advice (dogs trust are especially good at giving advice, they've helped me out a lot). Don't give it up as a lost cause yet x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Who said they wanted more horsey photos? :D

Yfp9G.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

pampootie wrote: »
    He's normally good with other dogs but he freaked out there when he met her :( I'm not sure, some kind of beagle cross as far as I can tell. She's horribly thin. I've had to put her in the shed there and she's whining nonstop, this is awful

Where are you based?

If you can get a friend to help you. She brings the girl for a walk a good distance ahead of you walking with your own dog. Then slowly catch up until you're walking together. They really should be introduced on neutral ground.

Whispered wrote: »
    Where are you based?

If you can get a friend to help you. She brings the girl for a walk a good distance ahead of you walking with your own dog. Then slowly catch up until you're walking together. They really should be introduced on neutral ground.

I'm in Cork. Waiting for my boyfriend to come home from work to help me out with the whole thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Stray dog!

She's actually a girl. Didn't get a chance to check her out properly last night

Just thinking he may have been trying to get at her if she's in heat. Just a guess. Has she been spayed or is he neutered? :)

We introduced 2 males here about 5 weeks ago and they're getting on grand now, like they were together all their lives. It can be done. You just need to persevere with it and if it's really not working the back-up at the rescue is a good idea.

Best of luck with it and fair play to you for taking her in. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

COME ON LIVERPOOL YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :D

Can someone please tell me how to resize pictures :( It makes me sad that it is GIGANTIC

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to resize pictures :( It makes me sad that it is GIGANTIC

You can do it in paint I think,Import it in there and cut it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

COME ON LIVERPOOL YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :D
    It's a good result for my fantasy football! I have VanPersie, but not Evra, so it's good that Evra loses his clean sheet points, he he!

Windows Picture Manager too

• Advertisement

Its putting it in from online that's the problem, the pic is ok in paint, but when I upload it then its HUGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm hoping for a United win, so that the boyfriend is satisfied :P

I laced my hair with Argan oil earlier on, hopefully it'll be in better condition when it dries. Curly hair is so temperamental! Has anyone tried coconut oil for their hair? I'm thinking of buying a tub to try it out.

Its putting it in from online that's the problem, the pic is ok in paint, but when I upload it then its HUGE

what kinda file did you upload it as? jpeg?

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

I'm only a supporter by proxy :P

Just thinking he may have been trying to get at her if she's in heat. Just a guess. Has she been spayed or is he neutered? :)

My guy isn't neutered, I have no idea how to tell if she's been spayed! Don't think she's in heat though. As far as I can tell when he was trying to get to her it was murder rather than romance which was the intention :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I know it might be possible to do it but my concern is this is an awful time for us with work and college and other stuff going on and I don't know if I'll have the time to work with them and introduce them properly. She's very underweight and timid and even though I really really want to keep her I also want her to be in the best situation for her, which could very possibly be a rescue.

what kinda file did you upload it as? jpeg?

Got it yay!

One last horsey picture.. View of Dublin from a horses eyes :)

anu4J.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

James is watching WALL-E and giving a blow by blow description of everything that's happening. Cute, but I put it on so he'd relax and I could write.

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I use coconut oil in my hair about once a week. It's brilliant. My hair gets nothing but abuse. It's washed at least twice a day, straightened every day, dyed once every 3 weeks, I cut it myself, so it rarely gets a proper cut, and it's still in brilliant condition.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I use coconut oil in my hair about once a week. It's brilliant. My hair gets nothing but abuse. It's washed at least twice a day, straightened every day, dyed once every 3 weeks, I cut it myself, so it rarely gets a proper cut, and it's still in brilliant condition.

Your poor hair :eek: :P
    I can only wash mine once every second day or it gets all dry. I had balayage done before Christmas and the bleaching didn't do my hair any favours.

I must give it a try; is it expensive? I'm hoping to pick it up in H&B or Sam Cauleys next week if I can.

AY your horse is a beaut :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Why do you wash it at least twice a day? That's not good for your hair or your skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Your poor hair :eek: :P
    I can only wash mine once every second day or it gets all dry. I had balayage done before Christmas and the bleaching didn't do my hair any favours.

I must give it a try; is it expensive? I'm hoping to pick it up in H&B or Sam Cauleys next week if I can.

AY your horse is a beaut :)

Honestly, my hair is completely silky and glossy. Coconut oil is awesome. My friend gets me gigantic bottles of it in Bahrain. Costs her 50c a bottle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

HORSEY <3

I've an awful headache, wahhhh! Think it might be from oversleeping or something, hope it dies down soon. Going to Dublin tomorrow to say another round of goodbyes, it'll be really hard. :( I'm glad to have the chance though! Looking forward to leaving again but the amount of craic I had with friends last week made me realise how much I'll miss everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

*heart failure imminent*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

bluewolf wrote: »
    Twice a day seems loads, mine is every day and with a day gap if I can manage it
    Don't straighten it just blowdry, so the hairdresser is always exclaiming it's in great condition

Great, you can stop by my work :cool:

Your hair always looks so lovely and soft in photos, I'm very jealous!

Sure I might pop into you at lunchtime if it suits :P

Honestly, my hair is completely silky and glossy. Coconut oil is awesome. My friend gets me gigantic bottles of it in Bahrain. Costs her 50c a bottle :p

Jealous! Throw some my way :pac:

I've straightened my hair maybe twice in the last ten months, and I usually let it dry naturally. Y U NO STAY HEALTHY??

Jealous! Throw some my way :pac:

I've straightened my hair maybe twice in the last ten months, and I usually let it dry naturally. Y U NO STAY HEALTHY??

The hairdresser is always exclaiming what great condition my hair is in.

I dont use any styling products, I just use my normal conditioner as serum when it's curly, and I have a heat protectant cream I put in if I'm straightening/blowdrying (which is very rare).

I find if I tie my hair up a lot then I get split ends, so trying to avoid that if I can because I'm trying to grow it out!

Also, I only wash my hair once or twice a week max, because it's so thick. According to my hairdresser, that's another reason it's in such good condition.

Regular trims too, every 6-8 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Just having one of those days.

Little things keep going wrong, and eventually I knock a full cup of coffee all over the carpet and burst into tears.

Then I feel stupid for crying over something so small.

I laced my hair with Argan oil earlier on, hopefully it'll be in better condition when it dries. Curly hair is so temperamental! Has anyone tried coconut oil for their hair? I'm thinking of buying a tub to try it out.

Come on United! :D

Also hoping for an Arsenal win in the later game because bf will be happy and it would mean a 10 point deficit.

My guy isn't neutered, I have no idea how to tell if she's been spayed! Don't think she's in heat though. As far as I can tell when he was trying to get to her it was murder rather than romance which was the intention :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I know it might be possible to do it but my concern is this is an awful time for us with work and college and other stuff going on and I don't know if I'll have the time to work with them and introduce them properly. She's very underweight and timid and even though I really really want to keep her I also want her to be in the best situation for her, which could very possibly be a rescue.

There could be scar if she's been recently neutered but other than that a lot of the time you can't tell unfortunately. I wish Ireland would start using the tattoo procedure that's being used in Australia. It makes it so much easier if a stray is found and she/he has been neutered there's a little tattoo marked where the incision would be.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

I only wash mine every 2 days. The dye would go out of mine very quickly if I did it any more than that. I dye mine every 5-6 weeks, get it cut every couple of months and straighten it almost every day.

• Advertisement

Vayda wrote: »
    Just having one of those days.

Little things keep going wrong, and eventually I knock a full cup of coffee all over the carpet and burst into tears.

Then I feel stupid for crying over something so small.

Everyone gets days like that - try to just relax and mind yourself. I find when I have those kind of days, plugging my ipod in and going for a walk to clear my head, or having a bath really helps. Anything that shuts you off from the world.

Everything seems catastrophic when it's one of those days - but that's all it is, one of those days. Everything will look much better tomorrow :) xx

I wash my hair twice a day in the summer because it is so hot over here that having a shower without washing my hair just doesn't cool me down, and I don't feel clean going to bed in the summer not being completely washed.

I know it's not good for my hair, BUT I balance it out by not blow drying it in the summer (cos it dries easily by itself in the heat, AND I get in trouble for heating the house! :) )

The hairdresser is always exclaiming what great condition my hair is in.

I dont use any styling products, I just use my normal conditioner as serum when it's curly, and I have a heat protectant cream I put in if I'm straightening/blowdrying (which is very rare).

I find if I tie my hair up a lot then I get split ends, so trying to avoid that if I can because I'm trying to grow it out!

Also, I only wash my hair once or twice a week max, because it's so thick. According to my hairdresser, that's another reason it's in such good condition.

Regular trims too, every 6-8 weeks!

I don't put much product into my hair, just Frizz Ease after shampooing and conditioning. You're lucky you get away with less regular washing; mine is pretty thick too but it gets all greasy at the roots after two days. And I have to tie it up or a work, but that's usually only twice a week anyway. Must try get more regular trips, but it's so 'spensive :(

To be fair, it does grow quickly; between July and October (judging from photos), it seemed to grow a good two inches.

I don't put much product into my hair, just Frizz Ease after shampooing and conditioning. You're lucky you get away with less regular washing; mine is pretty thick too but it gets all greasy at the roots after two days. And I have to tie it up or a work, but that's usually only twice a week anyway. Must try get more regular trips, but it's so 'spensive :(

To be fair, it does grow quickly; between July and October (judging from photos), it seemed to grow a good two inches.

From looking at your hair you'd get away with it for a bit longer I'd imagine, mine gets greasy at the roots too but I just use a bit of dry shampoo and I avoid using much product at the roots as it doesn't need it.

If you're in Dublin during the week there's loads of hairdressing schools you can go to if you have the patience to sit there for a while :) They love to see people with thick curly hair like ours coming because it's learning experience!

I go to Herman's in Dundrum on a Monday night, it's only 20quid for a cut!

Everyone gets days like that - try to just relax and mind yourself. I find when I have those kind of days, plugging my ipod in and going for a walk to clear my head, or having a bath really helps. Anything that shuts you off from the world.

Everything seems catastrophic when it's one of those days - but that's all it is, one of those days. Everything will look much better tomorrow :) xx

Thank you :) Went for a short walk and feeling a little better since earlier.
    Going to curl up and watch a movie.

Thank you :) Went for a short walk and feeling a little better since earlier.
    Going to curl up and watch a movie.

Good idea :)

You should watch Tangled if you like Disney movies, great movie to cheer you up!

From looking at your hair you'd get away with it for a bit longer I'd imagine, mine gets greasy at the roots too but I just use a bit of dry shampoo and I avoid using much product at the roots as it doesn't need it.

If you're in Dublin during the week there's loads of hairdressing schools you can go to if you have the patience to sit there for a while :) They love to see people with thick curly hair like ours coming because it's learning experience!

I go to Herman's in Dundrum on a Monday night, it's only 20quid for a cut!

You could be right, it just doesn't feel clean though :( I might try to wash it less for a few weeks anyway, see if it helps. Dry shampoo does help, but usually only for a day or so.
    There's an idea, 20 euro isn't bad at all for a trim. It'd be fantastic to get a proper curly cut too; they're non-existent here in the shticks.

Good idea :)

You should watch Tangled if you like Disney movies, great movie to cheer you up!

Might just do that! Huge Disney fan.

Currently watching a Sandra Bullock movie :)

Might just do that! Huge Disney fan.

Currently watching a Sandra Bullock movie :)

the net?

Feel better soon Vayda :)

I've would up listening to Celine Dion on YouTube.

Off to the doctors tomorrow because I caught my finger in the fold-up bed last night and it was being crushed for about 5 seconds. When I did get it out it put a bag of frozen peas on it. The whole side of my finger has been numb since it happened though so I think I should get it checked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement