Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

the net?

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

It's on Sky. Haven't seen it yet, curious what it's like.

Love Sandra Bullock :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just submitted my short story. Eeeep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do you try just washing it without shampoo if it's for a cool down? massage the scalp a bit like you're washing it, it helps some

Hopefully your finger is ok pp, I really need to go to the doc about my toe at this stage

Hope so too. I'm a little worried about the numbness. It's a little sore too but not too bad, I can type with it even if it is a bit awkward.

What happened your toe?

Nothing happened in particular, I just started getting a lot of pain in the joint of the big toe last year. Some days I couldn't walk up the stairs on my tips like I normally do, mostly I don't notice it. But walking along I can feel it's a bit weak and it'll flare up now and then

Nothing happened in particular, I just started getting a lot of pain in the joint of the big toe last year. Some days I couldn't walk up the stairs on my tips like I normally do, mostly I don't notice it. But walking along I can feel it's a bit weak and it'll flare up now and then

Ah I see. Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    You could be right, it just doesn't feel clean though :( I might try to wash it less for a few weeks anyway, see if it helps. Dry shampoo does help, but usually only for a day or so.
    There's an idea, 20 euro isn't bad at all for a trim. It'd be fantastic to get a proper curly cut too; they're non-existent here in the shticks.

Yeah I get loads of layers in mine because I hate the top of my head being flat seeing as I have so much hair. I gave up trying to maintain my fringe,now I just let them graduate my fringe into the cut.

Im really fussy about how my hair is cut too because I throw quite a hefty portion of it over to one side, which means one side is heavier than the other, so I give hairdressers very specific instructions on how to cut my hair :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Yeah I get loads of layers in mine because I hate the top of my head being flat seeing as I have so much hair. I gave up trying to maintain my fringe,now I just let them graduate my fringe into the cut.

Im really fussy about how my hair is cut too because I throw quite a hefty portion of it over to one side, which means one side is heavier than the other, so I give hairdressers very specific instructions on how to cut my hair :p

Your hair is lovely, the cut really suits you. My hair can't really do layers as they just stick out and look strange, although a hairdresser who can cut curls properly might do a better job on them. I tried a fringe for a while there, but it must made my face look very round, which I hate. Very tempted to just cut it all off sometimes, but I don't think I'd quite pull it off :pac:

Your hair is lovely, the cut really suits you. My hair can't really do layers as they just stick out and look strange, although a hairdresser who can cut curls properly might do a better job on them. I tried a fringe for a while there, but it must made my face look very round, which I hate. Very tempted to just cut it all off sometimes, but I don't think I'd quite pull it off :pac:

If you have curly hair, your biggest regret will be cutting it off - I had a bob and liked it for about a week :P

I really like your hair the way it is, though I think that the cut I got about 4 years ago formed the basis for how all hairdressers cut my hair now. The hairdresser did a curly cut and dried it curly, and since then all hairdressers have been keeping the same style and just trimming his styling.

Might be worth it to go to a proper place first and pay out to get the curly cut, then go to training schools after that as it's just a matter of upkeep?

If you have curly hair, your biggest regret will be cutting it off - I had a bob and liked it for about a week :P

I really like your hair the way it is, though I think that the cut I got about 4 years ago formed the basis for how all hairdressers cut my hair now. The hairdresser did a curly cut and dried it curly, and since then all hairdressers have been keeping the same style and just trimming his styling.

Might be worth it to go to a proper place first and pay out to get the curly cut, then go to training schools after that as it's just a matter of upkeep?

I actually had a bob for ages, and straightened it everyday. When I gave up on it, people asked me if I'd started curling may hair, nobody knew that was its natural state :pac:
    Yeah that's probably the best thing to do; just need to save the cash to do it first. The cut I have is okay, but it's kinda meh really. The joys of curly hair, good job himself likes it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

After having such a weird day, so glad to be home.

Also, my boyfriend had to drive his bike home from town with no clutch because the cable snapped, no mean feat so very glad to be home after that.

In for the evening now with some movies and some cuddles :)

I actually had a bob for ages, and straightened it everyday. When I gave up on it, people asked me if I'd started curling may hair, nobody knew that was its natural state :pac:
    Yeah that's probably the best thing to do; just need to save the cash to do it first. The cut I have is okay, but it's kinda meh really. The joys of curly hair, good job himself likes it :pac:

I really like your hair the way it is - I meant to post that in my last comment and went on a tangent about cuts, sorry :eek:

Really suits you! I think people who have curly hair always look better with it curly, then it's a nice change when it's straightened :)

I really like your hair the way it is - I meant to post that in my last comment and went on a tangent about cuts, sorry :eek:

Really suits you! I think people who have curly hair always look better with it curly, then it's a nice change when it's straightened :)

Thank you! Yours is lovely too :) It's strange; most of my friends curl their hair when they're going out, but when I wear mine curly on a night out, it doesn't feel very dressy at all - yet I have what they spend ages trying to achieve, with feck-all effort.

I love getting a curly blow dry though; I feel like Kate Middleton :D

Thank you! Yours is lovely too :) It's strange; most of my friends curl their hair when they're going out, but when I wear mine curly on a night out, it doesn't feel very dressy at all - yet I have what they spend ages trying to achieve, with feck-all effort.

I love getting a curly blow dry though; I feel like Kate Middleton :D

Ha, I feel the same, I'm like "bleh my hair is all boring and you spent ages doing your nice shiny hair", then I look in the mirror and realise that we have the same hairstyle but I was ready an hour before them :cool:

I can't curly blowdry my hair - I just blowdry it and put a crap load of giant rollers in :D

I keep reading "beards yes or no" as "boards yes or no" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, don't blowdry it, rarely straighten it but curl it a good bit, the last time I went to a new hairdresser she got giddy about cutting off the months of layers and split ends, she kept playing with it after she cut it, saying "It's so shiiiiiny" :p

PP it's probably just numb from the impact, shouldn't be anything too serious wrong with it, doc should tell you how best to help it recover though. I dropped a 5kg box on my middle fingernail earlier, it's ouchy at the moment, good God nothing like squishing a digit to make you feel sick!

• Advertisement

Ha, I feel the same, I'm like "bleh my hair is all boring and you spent ages doing your nice shiny hair", then I look in the mirror and realise that we have the same hairstyle but I was ready an hour before them :cool:

I can't curly blowdry my hair - I just blowdry it and put a crap load of giant rollers in :D

It just doesn't feel special though! I straightened my hair for Christmas day, and people kept asking if I had extensions in. No, I grew it myself!!
    I can't blow dry my hair at all, so the rollers might be the way to go :)
    I keep reading "beards yes or no" as "boards yes or no" :(

When I was studying for my exams, I kept reading 'directorship' as 'dictatorship'. I may have been reading a book about Stalin at the time :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Attempting a roast in my crappy oven. The same oven that trips the fuse in my house when I use a certain ring! Wish me luck!

On the curly hair note, I have had one good cut for my curls (out of control nearly afro curls) and unfortunately it was before I went travelling and it grew out before I had the cash to cut it again. :( Looking forward to getting it cut when I get home next, here people just shave their heads and wear wigs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Daisies wrote: »
    Attempting a roast in my crappy oven. The same oven that trips the fuse in my house when I use a certain ring! Wish me luck!

Boyfriend has a giant chicken in the oven, because he was going to cook a fab roast dinner for me. He got called into work, so now muggins has to mind it and get everything else ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mixer32

They look sooooooo good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

It's sooooo cold out there today. Cant get warm and only went from my car to my apt. Really hope it doesnt snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

How do you use coconut oil in your hair? I'd be keen to try this. Do you do it in the shower, before the shower, after the shower? I'm guessing you need to melt it in the microwave first?

PP it's probably just numb from the impact, shouldn't be anything too serious wrong with it, doc should tell you how best to help it recover though. I dropped a 5kg box on my middle fingernail earlier, it's ouchy at the moment, good God nothing like squishing a digit to make you feel sick!

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it but I think I'll go to the doctor anyway just to be safe. Oh I know.. The pain of it when it happened! I got such a fright!

I have viewed, come away from, and come back to this dress at least 10 times over the past few weeks. It's on sale now. Unsure if I should buy it or not!

http://iclothing.ie/lana-tailored-shift-dress-in-purple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I have viewed, come away from, and come back to this dress at least 10 times over the past few weeks. It's on sale now. Unsure if I should buy it or not!

http://iclothing.ie/lana-tailored-shift-dress-in-purple
    Cant go wrong for €15

Just watched a tv show called Bridezillas with my boyfriend. So scary!

Watching the last two Harry Potter films now. Nothing better on a dreary Sunday evening.

Just watched a tv show called Bridezillas with my boyfriend. So scary!

Watching the last two Harry Potter films now. Nothing better on a dreary Sunday evening.

Fiancee ;)

How do you use coconut oil in your hair? I'd be keen to try this. Do you do it in the shower, before the shower, after the shower? I'm guessing you need to melt it in the microwave first?

From what I've learned in the Beauty Forum, you can melt a glob of it in the microwave and put it into dry hair as an intensive treatment before a shower (for anything between an hour and overnight), or just warm a tiny bit of it in your hands and use it as a serum after styling.

I DROVE AGAIN! In fog and everything. And I only cut out once!

Okay, twice...

I DROVE AGAIN! In fog and everything. And I only cut out once!

Okay, twice...

I cut out twice in my driving test and still passed :cool:

I cut out twice in my driving test and still passed :cool:

There's still hope for me yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Tee hee hee! :D

6320688_700b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Been in agony all day with my back, can't even stand up straight or walk properly. Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow in this state, only my second week of work placement and I am banjaxed already. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

^^ Took me a minute.. :o

Feel better soon Toast. :)

My finger is really annoying me now. It's awkward not being able to feel it.

Fiance, unless there's something she's not telling us :eek::pac:

I always get the spellings mixed up!

The part in the Deathly Hallows where Harry and Hermione are dancing always gets me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Flights booked. Some of the paperwork done. Woot!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My finger is really annoying me now. It's awkward not being able to feel it.

What you do to it?

I seem to have had a bit of progress with my leg, it's been "stuck" (or as the sadist says "plateaued) at the same level for five weeks, but the past few days it seems more mobile. Maybe all those fupping exercises are finally paying off.

I caught it in the fold-up bed last night and it was sort of crushed for about 5-10 seconds before I could get it out, the side and the top of it has been numb since. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I caught it in the fold-up bed last night and it was sort of crushed for about 5-10 seconds before I could get it out, the side and the top of it has been numb since. :o

Is it swollen?

It is a bit yeah. It's not too sore and I can move it though.

It is a bit yeah. It's not too sore and I can move it though.

A and E for an xray would be my recommendation, I know it's a royal pain in the backside, but if you've broken/fractured it, it needs to be strapped properly.

Portlaoise A and E is fairly quick too.

I've crushed one finger from a dog bite and broken another playing rugby, it's no fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Decided the stray will have to go to a rescue, she really needs a lot more help than I'm able to give her at the moment. Got a friend to take her for the next couple of nights and hopefully I can get something sorted over the next couple of days. Thanks for all the advice today ladies!

I am bloody EXHAUSTED. :)

Stheno wrote: »
    A and E for an xray would be my recommendation, I know it's a royal pain in the backside, but if you've broken/fractured it, it needs to be strapped properly.

Portlaoise A and E is fairly quick too.

I've crushed one finger from a dog bite and broken another playing rugby, it's no fun.

Does it cost a lot if I go myself? I was going to go to the doctor tomorrow and see if I'd be sent over.

Does it cost a lot if I go myself? I was going to go to the doctor tomorrow and see if I'd be sent over.

You've to pay the doctor and then it's free, but if you go to a and e I think it's about 100e if you go without seeing a doctor, they don't charge straight away they send a bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

My head is killing me now, it's the strangest thing.

I also very desperately want pizza but because I'm stone broke there's no chance of me getting some. Boo.

I have a GP visit card so think that's what I'll do, see if they send me over. Hope I can get an appointment tomorrow. If not I'll think about going over.

@pampootie - Hope everything works out for the doggy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I did it! My first ever roast dinner and it worked. The chicken was not overcooked! YAY.

In other news, I may have drank too much wine with dinner. Woops :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

pampootie wrote: »
    Decided the stray will have to go to a rescue, she really needs a lot more help than I'm able to give her at the moment. Got a friend to take her for the next couple of nights and hopefully I can get something sorted over the next couple of days. Thanks for all the advice today ladies!

I am bloody EXHAUSTED. :)

Well done on doing what's best for her, I know I'd hate to leave an animal go!!

I'm on the couch with a hot water bottle watching Remember Me, eating biscuits and starting the methodology section of my Thesis :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement