Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OH will be home soon, looking forward to it, even though he's only gone a day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Stheno wrote: »
    OH will be home soon, looking forward to it, even though he's only gone a day :)

That's very sweet :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Whispered wrote: »
    That's very sweet :)

Ah it's just nice to have him around, after six months of continual work travel, I dislike us being apart.

I have food if he is hungry, there is plenty of coke (he loves that drink), and it will be nice just to give him a hug and welcome him home, he's had a stressful time since he went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Grrr. I'm PMSing like crazy right now, my internet is out to make me go homicidal and I'm fresh out of rose and chocolate.
    On the plus side, my hair smells like grapefruits and my mother has kindly offered to help pay off my overdraft. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

When I was staying with my boyfriend last week, I cooked him some dinner when he came home from work, and insisted that he sit on the couch and drink a Lempsip while I cooked, because he's getting a cold.

He later told me that I'm brilliant, and that he'd buy me all the things :o:)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    When I was staying with my boyfriend last week, I cooked him some dinner when he came home from work, and insisted that he sit on the couch and drink a Lempsip while I cooked, because he's getting a cold.

He later told me that I'm brilliant, and that he'd buy me all the things :o:)
    Tell him to buy you a SNES. Bit of Mario Kart, be grand!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Tell him to buy you a SNES N64 Bit of Mario Kart, be grand!

FYP :P

I think he'd get more enjoyment out of a console than I would! I was thinking along the 'pretty clothes and shoes' vein :pac:

I think he'd get more enjoyment out of a console than I would! I was thinking along the 'pretty clothes and shoes' vein :pac:

Yes! Or a nice evening out

Whispered wrote: »
    Yes! Or a nice evening out

Well we're going out next weekend, but this will probably be more of a mad dancing, jagerbombs and chips on the way home kinda night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im working 5am to 1pm tomorrow. Anyone wanna work it for me?? Pretty pleaseee??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Im working 5am to 1pm tomorrow. Anyone wanna work it for me?? Pretty pleaseee??? :)
    How come you're in so early? Get your pretty little bum to bed!

Ella wrote: »
    How come you're in so early? Get your pretty little bum to bed!

Stocktake. Im in bed but far too awake right now. :(

Stocktake. Im in bed but far too awake right now. :(

Might you get away early if you get all the work done quickly?

Might you get away early if you get all the work done quickly?

Nope probably not, i do work for the devil. :(

Why am i still awake??

Nope probably not, i do work for the devil. :(

Why am i still awake??

That is true, my cousin used to work for them in Galway and she hated them :(

Try read something? When I was younger if I couldn't sleep, I'd make weird lists in my head of things like all my neighbours' birthdays (we have a small estate). Seems weird but I'd usually nod off before I was finished.

That is true, my cousin used to work for them in Galway and she hated them :(

Try read something? When I was younger if I couldn't sleep, I'd make weird lists in my head of things like all my neighbours' birthdays (we have a small estate). Seems weird but I'd usually nod off before I was finished.

Might try that! Im trying to get my brain to stfu at the minute, not working.

Might try that! Im trying to get my brain to stfu at the minute, not working.

Could it be the medication?

Could it be the medication?

Nope that makes me really sleepy. Im waiting for it to kick in, if it does. I have no more sleeping tablets for the minute. I think i need to have a massive rant to get stuff off my chest, ill do that during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

I'm so proud of a friend of mine. Since he graduated with a degree in Vet Nursing 2 years ago he has worked so hard to find work in that area. He has had about 6 jobs in the two years, most of them in the last 12 months, going from part time to contract, from vet to vets, with each vet giving him a glowing report to go to the next. He has done 15-90 minute commutes, worked another job at the same time when he had to, and has just gotten a full time job in a vet's practice 20 minutes from his house. Delighted for him, he has really bucked the "There's no jobs out there" trend and works so hard.

Nope that makes me really sleepy. Im waiting for it to kick in, if it does. I have no more sleeping tablets for the minute. I think i need to have a massive rant to get stuff off my chest, ill do that during the week.

Ah I see, well PM is open and waiting if you need it dear x

Just looking at my optional law modules for next year; out of roughly 30 I want to do about 20 of them, and I can only do 4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm so proud of a friend of mine. Since he graduated with a degree in Vet Nursing 2 years ago he has worked so hard to find work in that area. He has had about 6 jobs in the two years, most of them in the last 12 months, going from part time to contract, from vet to vets, with each vet giving him a glowing report to go to the next. He has done 15-90 minute commutes, worked another job at the same time when he had to, and has just gotten a full time job in a vet's practice 20 minutes from his house. Delighted for him, he has really bucked the "There's no jobs out there" trend and works so hard.

Fair play to him. Did the long distance commute thing myself (2.5 hours each way) when I had no other choice and it's no easy feat at all. Brilliant that it has worked out so well for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

bluewolf wrote: »
    Run to the shops and get one for a few euro

Ended up making an omelette instead, omnomnom! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I rang one of the lads and we got chinese. Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Bawling crying here. One of the sisters of our friend who passed away over Christmas just put up photos of him dancing with his mum at a family party a few months ago :( I can't even think about their mum without crying my eyes out. She is the loveliest woman and has been through so much heartache, another of her sons was killed off a bike 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

WinterSong wrote: »
    Ended up making an omelette instead, omnomnom! :D
    Might you even say that it was an omnomnomlette? :P

I'm not even sorry.

Bawling crying here. One of the sisters of our friend who passed away over Christmas just put up photos of him dancing with his mum at a family party a few months ago :( I can't even think about their mum without crying my eyes out. She is the loveliest woman and has been through so much heartache, another of her sons was killed off a bike 5 years ago.
    That's horrible. :(

I hate bad things happening to anyone, but it's truly, truly awful when bad things happen to really good people.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's horrible - poor thing. On the bright side at least they have those photos to always look back on and treasure.

In bed but can't sleep, really nervous. Working somewhere new tomorrow which isn't unusual for me, I work all over but there could be a permanent job down the line for me here if I do well. It'll be a six week long job interview!

In bed but can't sleep, really nervous. Working somewhere new tomorrow which isn't unusual for me, I work all over but there could be a permanent job down the line for me here if I do well. It'll be a six week long job interview!
    But you can do it!

As your username informs us, you are angelic, a delight and a dessert.

I would totally employ someone like that.

I really want to take my mother on holiday with me this year. I reckon if I saved €50 a week for about 3-4 months I'd have enough to pay for her flight and accomidation. She's been so good taking care of me and enduring all the ups and downs that come with it.
    It'll be tight for a few weeks but if it means I can have a quality girly holiday with her, so be it. Otherwise I'd be stuck with my aunt and grandmother for a week and much as I love them, they can both be two very frustrating people after a few days. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

But you can do it!

As your username informs us, you are angelic, a delight and a dessert.

I would totally employ someone like that.

Haha thanks lovely, made me laugh so feeling a bit more relaxed already! Here's hoping the owner feels the same way tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I really want to take my mother on holiday with me this year. I reckon if I saved €50 a week for about 3-4 months I'd have enough to pay for her flight and accomidation. She's been so good taking care of me and enduring all the ups and downs that come with it.
    It'll be tight for a few weeks but if it means I can have a quality girly holiday with her, so be it. Otherwise I'd be stuck with my aunt and grandmother for a week and much as I love them, they can both be two very frustrating people after a few days. :/

Why not just take her across the country and tell no one where you're both going, not even her. Too late then for anyone to follow you. :)

Why not just take her across the country and tell no one where you're both going, not even her. Too late then for anyone to follow you. :)
    There's an idea. I've often told her I'd take her anywhere as I've got 1000+ SuperValu Getaway tokens I've yet to cash in. :) I hear Kilkenny is nice in the spring...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Silver Linings Playbook.

OMG, I loved it. <3

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Silver Linings Playbook.

OMG, I loved it. <3
    Urgh, Bradley Cooper. *rolls eyes*

Might be going to the cinema sometime this week. Stepdad said he's treating us to The Life of Pi but I don't know when. Any good?

Urgh, Bradley Cooper. *rolls eyes*

He's actually quite good when he's not playing 'Generic Hunk'

I found his portrayal of someone dealing with bipolar disorder very true to real life. There was a lot I could identify with. A film about mental illness that's not sad or preachy. How about that?

I just cried at how I met your mother. Stupid TV!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm almost in tears here too SarahBeeb! although not over "Stupid TV!!"

A woman wrote genuine, hate filled ignorant polemic about trans people that had me upset and angry. Stupidly in both cases but it was that it was written in The Guardian, a paper I generally have a bit of respect for. Charlie Brooker acknowledged that a fallout was happening because of it in a slightly offhand way in a tweet. I tweeted him about it giving out a bit and he sent me a message back saying that only idiots would see me in the light she did.

I've followed Charlie Brooker since before I was a teenager. I didn't understand him as a child, but I came to respect him quite a bit in his modern commentator role. That I got a message back from him means a lot to me. Lots of people aren't dealing with this, as I suppose it's a minority issue. But that someone representing The Guardian also someone I've grown up under said something supportive means a lot to me when I was so shocked to see what I thought of as right-minded-people (or at least a right-minded-paper) be so hateful towards me. Charlie Brooker is definitely my favourite person of the week.

I love it when you think someone is awesome and you wonder if you just think they're that awesome but then they go and prove it :')

*and hugs for your tears*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I love it when you think someone is awesome and you wonder if you just think they're that awesome but then they go and prove it :')

*and hugs for your tears*

Yeah, it's totally weird how your view on people and the world in general will change with the actions of one or two people. They make up such an insignificant part of the whole world, but the profound effect they can have on your immediate feeling is unreal.

I've been feeling like crap for the weekend, and suddenly that tweet has made the difference between me going to bed feeling miserable and me feeling someway at ease with the world and ready to face a new day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lyaiera wrote: »
    A woman wrote genuine, hate filled ignorant polemic about trans people that had me upset and angry. Stupidly in both cases but it was that it was written in The Guardian, a paper I generally have a bit of respect for. Charlie Brooker acknowledged that a fallout was happening because of it in a slightly offhand way in a tweet. I tweeted him about it giving out a bit and he sent me a message back saying that only idiots would see me in the light she did.

I was enjoying reading my dead tree copy of the Observer on my flight home this evening until I read that article. Anger is not good at 34,000ft...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Made it home from Dublin in one piece. Talked some stuff out with himself after dinner, we both seem like happier humans back in his apartment in his much tinier bed....

I have to get up in five hours, will be woken up in three but i am wired awake :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Blegh. Feel ill, not sure if it's the fact that I've started taking my anti malarials again or the copious amount of wine I drank last night. Do not want to be in the office :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Bluewolf, can you pass me the Bell? The three of us are sick. While I'm feeling crap, and the OH is really working the manflu card, Pancake is laughing and joking in between fits of coughing! Aghhhhh so much energy...

/coughs and spreads germs all over the Ladies lounge/

Lyaiera wrote: »
    A woman wrote genuine, hate filled ignorant polemic about trans people that had me upset and angry. Stupidly in both cases but it was that it was written in The Guardian, a paper I generally have a bit of respect for.

I lost my respect for the Guardian a long time ago. It doesn't surprise me at all that they'd allow a so called "Radical Feminist" use it as a mouth-piece. (I haven't actually read the article so I'm making an assumption there based on things I've seen written elsewhere online.)
    Charlie Brooker acknowledged that a fallout was happening because of it in a slightly offhand way in a tweet. I tweeted him about it giving out a bit and he sent me a message back saying that only idiots would see me in the light she did.
    Charlie Brooker is a sardonic git and possibly one of the best people in the British media at the moment. I love him dearly.
    I've followed Charlie Brooker since before I was a teenager. I didn't understand him as a child, but I came to respect him quite a bit in his modern commentator role.
    Good lord, you're young! LOL.

No one gets to have any say on who you are and how you feel about yourself except you. And those who think they have that right are craven fools. I'll read the article later when I'm not at work (probably best that I'm not smashing things belonging to my employer...)

Bluewolf, can you pass me the Bell? The three of us are sick. While I'm feeling crap, and the OH is really working the manflu card, Pancake is laughing and joking in between fits of coughing! Aghhhhh so much energy...

/coughs and spreads germs all over the Ladies lounge/

Poor ivy! I think I am getting better. You can gladly have the bell!

More free earl grey today, that'll help. Flipping exhausted though, was up til 1am or so and then alarm at 630 which took me about a full minute of pushing buttons to remember how to turn it off because I was so addled :rolleyes: Hurray for half day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Silver Linings Playbook.

OMG, I loved it. <3
    He's actually quite good when he's not playing 'Generic Hunk'

I found his portrayal of someone dealing with bipolar disorder very true to real life. There was a lot I could identify with. A film about mental illness that's not sad or preachy. How about that?

Absolutely loved that movie. Jennifer Lawrence played a blinder too.
    I thought that the movie seemed very 'real', if you know what I mean, it wasn't very 'Hollywood", it was really stripped back, raw, and honest.

I wanted to see that as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Heading to the doctor about my finger at 12.10pm. Have a feeling I'll probably be sent over to Portlaoise. It's still numb and swelled and it happened Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

bluewolf wrote: »
    More free earl grey today, that'll help. Flipping exhausted though, was up til 1am or so and then alarm at 630 which took me about a full minute of pushing buttons to remember how to turn it off because I was so addled :rolleyes: Hurray for half day.

Earl Grey for me here too, badly needed, I'm fcuking wrecked. Couldn't sleep last night until about 3:30am, always happens when I get home late on a Sunday night. Argh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement