Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2012 - Metal Album of the Year

Options
  • 11-01-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

And the winner is:

Ahab - The Giant

The Giant narrowly beat Testamet's Dark Roots of Earth. Only one vote in the difference!

Did you vote for this album? Tell us what you liked/disliked and what made you choose it!
    Let's get the discussion going!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fantastic band, I'd love to see them come to Ireland at some point. My favourite on this album is probably "Time's like Molten Lead". Really, this band hasn't released a bad album, and I hope they can keep it up for a good while to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Given that I had only really listened to a few Ahab songs before I picked up a copy of this I was really surprised about how open this album is in terms of sound compared to their old dense, claustrophobic sound. But I guess that's just to match the subject matter of the album (based on an Egar Allen Poe novel, I believe).

Still, it's heavy as fuck, and I suppose that mix of heaviness and openness to the songs is what keeps me coming back to this album.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This was a my first (and so far only :p) proper foray into the world of Doom metal and I really enjoyed the album. I think the lighter parts helped ease me into it to a certain extent, reminded of longer post rock tracks (such as form Godspeed you! Black Emperor). Fantastically atmospheric and will definitely check out their other work

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement