Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Work in America 2013

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I want to work on a stud/ranch/ farm this summer June to July in America, preferably Kentucky. Anyone know of any vacancies or placements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hi,

Lucky you:D Its been years but I did a 3mth placement many many moons ago With Camp America - basically you can choose to work on a camp specifically needing experienced horse people.. I will have a look through my files tomoro & get the name of the Irish company I went through. Don't expect to earn much but I had a blast & a great way to experience horses in a different country.

http://www.campamerica.co.uk/

Also would recommend emailing loads of places, during my second stint in the US - a couple who owned a breeding establishment heard I rode & I ended up riding for them on a regular basis..... All people can say is no so get emailing!

kertucky wrote: »
    I want to work on a stud/ranch/ farm this summer June to July in America, preferably Kentucky. Anyone know of any vacancies or placements?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Hi OP,

Try www.yardandgroom.com - they have jobs and jobseeker sections, so you can post a profile with your skills, where you want to work and what you want to do etc, and employers can find you. Its a worldwidesite, you list your countries in order of preference.

You can also search for jobs on there.

PM me if you have any questions on it! Im a wee bit jealous of you, I'll be stuck in an office for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kertucky

That's very helpful, thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kertucky

I will, thanks!!

Advertisement