Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2012 - Shock of the Year

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

And the winner is:

Lost Prophet's singer Ian Watkins being arrested over child sex offenses.

Up until the last couple of weeks it seemed like Randy Blythe's manslaughter arrest was going to be the shoe in for this category.
    Not exactly a happy topic, but I think it's safe to say that everyone was shocked to hear about this.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A horrible case, and though I'm not a lostprophets fan by any stretch, I kind of hoped it wasn't true because of how messed up it all was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Had to be this one. As bad as Randys situation is, this one is certainly much more shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mushy wrote: »
    Had to be this one. As bad as Randys situation is, this one is certainly much more shocking.

Agreed, they aren't even comparable. Randy's situation was the result of an accident but this is just unimaginably messed up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And with the fact he was denied bail for the second time during the week

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't vote for it, but only because I voted before the news broke. Horrific stuff.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

As a LP fan, this has really shaken me. I no longer feel at ease listening to thier music. Definitely a huge shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Definitely the WTF moment of last year with me in music. Didnt listen to them much but liked a couple of their earlier ones. Definitely wouldn't now, have no interest in listening to a paedo's music.

Randy's situation is more a tragic and unfortunate accident, he's a rather intelligent and well spoken man is what most say and is far from a cold blooded killer in the vein of half the headcases above in Norway in the 90s. It's tragic all around really, one lad acts the bollocks and has the misfortune to be killed being reprimanded for it and the fella reprimanding him for it could very well have his life destroyed because he was only trying to do his job.

Advertisement