Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2012 - Video of the Year

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

And the winner is:

Storm Corrosion's video for Drag Ropes

The eerie shadow puppet video for Drag Ropes is definitely one of the more creative videos I've seen.
    The visuals themselves tell the story, even if there were no lyrics. A great, great video, and definitely fitting the dark style that Steve Wilson is fond of.

Did you vote for Drag Ropes? Tell us why!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Love this video, really captures the essence of the song and helps set the tone for the whole album

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Love this video, really captures the essence of the song and helps set the tone for the whole album

I definitely agree that it fits the song very well, but disagree about setting the tone of the album.

I think Drag Ropes is the most out of place song on it. Not that it's a bad song of course, but I think it doesn't have the same sort of atmosphere or mood that the other songs share.

Love the video though, and I think the video for The Raven That Refused to Sing on Steve's new album is being done in a similar style, so it will be cool to see that too.

Advertisement