Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2012 - Best Reissued Album

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

And the winner is:

Rage against the Machine - Rage against the Machine

Another tie which was sorted out by Lord Lucan, Rage Against the Machine's self-titled album narrowly beat Scum by Napalm Death as the best reissued album.
    I always thought that this album had sublime sound production. It's been a while since I listened to it, I'll have to give it a spin soon.

Did you vote for RATM? Tell us why!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Boo that ND didn't win, but I'm still happy that a band I love won this category :D I saw RATM live at Oxegen before, and I can only hope they finally release something new and come back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Suppose this album did reach a few more people than ND. A few...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I got the 5 disc version of the reissue and it was an excellent package.

The original album got a hell of a remaster and sounds far better than before.

The disc of demos is an interesting listen.

There are two dvds which include tons of live footage from the band's first ever performance right up to the complete Finsbury Park concert in 2010, so you get live performances from a number of tours. Also on the dvds come the music videos from the band's entire career.

The fifth disc is the remastered version of the album on vinyl.

For me it is a cracking package, and a wonderful fresh sound given to what is a classic album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Great band .. created the biggest earthquake ever @ Pinkpop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

weisses wrote: »
    Great band .. created the biggest earthquake ever @ Pinkpop :D

In 2008? So it definitely wasnt only me who felt that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Mushy wrote: »
    In 2008? So it definitely wasnt only me who felt that?

This specific measurement was @ the 1994 concert i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cool. I was there in 08 and it was absolutely mental.

Advertisement