Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Barbers

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm looking for a good barber within the city that is familiar with cutting proper Mohawks.

My regular barber closed down but I never got Mohawks cut there, just the usual 1 around the sides and a trim on top.

I recently went to that Turkish barber on Oliver Plunkett Street where the old O'Briens Sandwich place used to be and asked them for a Mohawk there, instead they gave me a V and went a bit short on the back.

Then I went to the place in Mahon Point which actually done a proper job but because of the V a few weeks before hand, it's a bit off at the back of my head.

I'm planning on leaving the hair grow out again to get a proper hawk done but needing a good barber that is known for Mohawks and can do them in one perfect straight line from front to back.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Best bet would be to chance somewhere like Bladez on Shears street or the turkish place in the english market come with a pretty good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

Best bet would be to chance somewhere like Bladez on Shears street or the turkish place in the english market come with a pretty good rep.

Whats the name of the turkish place? I think that may be where I went first when they gave me a V cut instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

ColinM9991 wrote: »
    Whats the name of the turkish place? I think that may be where I went first when they gave me a V cut instead.

Not 100% to be honest, think it was Musa's or something like that.

I know the place you are talking about on Oliver Plunkett St. and I wouldn't darken those doors again too quickly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Not 100% to be honest, think it was Musa's or something like that.

I know the place you are talking about on Oliver Plunkett St. and I wouldn't darken those doors again too quickly IMO.

Musa is what the barbers in the English market was called, he shut up shop a few months back however and it's now re-open and called Bodrom's I think.

Karimza is the place on Oliver Plunkett St, they also have a place in Douglas, fairly average cut in both places in my experience. Used to go to Musa's but looking for a new barber now.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebelRed90

Went to bladez in college, no complains although I never used get any brave/bold haircuts. The women hairdressers used be hot too from what I can remember which is always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

RebelRed90 wrote: »
    Went to bladez in college, no complains although I never used get any brave/bold haircuts. The women hairdressers used be hot too from what I can remember which is always good.

I was in there once, can concur on your comment regarding the women hairdressers; I wasn't long walking out though when I noticed their prices.

I was also recommended to the Turkish barber in the Savoy next to where that woman was selling the bandana's etc.

It's like throwing a dart at a phone book now :P

Advertisement