Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bombed an exam, need certain scores can I redo?

Options
  • 12-01-2013 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Just wondering what the story is with repeats, bombed a maths exam which I need 60 average to go further with the course ...

am I able to redo the exam in August ?

my Continuous assessment part is fine, was 70 or 80 % just had a bad day with the exam and bombed it disgracefully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yes repeats are in August, and most likely your CA will still count.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yes repeats are in August, and most likely your CA will still count.

We were told CA doesnt count for repeats, so it may depend on the course.

This set of exams have me the least confidant yet. The second hardest came after exams the previous two days giving fcuk all time for revision/study of it. The last one has one previous exam paper (which was then changed again for this year!) and the lecturer was crap. Refused to even do exam paper questions in class.

If I dont fail them, it's a miracle! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dect

I've repeated a few in my time, always in august. its a straight exam, ie CA's don't count

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dect wrote: »
    its a straight exam, ie CA's don't count

Depends on the course, and module, it varies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

arctan wrote: »
    Just wondering what the story is with repeats, bombed a maths exam which I need 60 average to go further with the course ...

am I able to redo the exam in August ?

my Continuous assessment part is fine, was 70 or 80 % just had a bad day with the exam and bombed it disgracefully

What course are you doing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement