Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Windows Phone 8S or Sony Xperia J?

Options
  • 12-01-2013 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking of buying a smartphone with a while as I don't have one, and have narrowed it down to these 3 models. I really like the look of windows from the videos I have seen of these phones anyway, and the design of the phones themselves. I just threw the sony into the mix because of price also. They are reasonably priced, especially compared to iphones/samsung galaxys etc, which I just can't see the fascination for when they are such massively high prices, and I just can't see a major difference between them and cheaper phones.

Could anyone tell me which one would be a better buy? The HTC is €50 euro dearer, but has a bigger screen, but I think the nokia has a better camera from what i've read. I'm sure there are many more pros and cons to these models. All opinions are welcome, even if it's to recommend another phone to me that is under the €300 budget, or to tell me to hold off until a new model is released or something. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The lumia 800 is a great phone but the htc 8s is running newer software (wp 8) so that would be my recommendation. I also think the 8s looks like a quality phone. reviews also suggest the camera is actually not bad - nowhere in the league of flagship phones but comparable to other htc phones in the same price range. I've not seen the Sony phone but my experience of cheaper android handsets has been brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

The lumia 800 is a great phone but the htc 8s is running newer software (wp 8) so that would be my recommendation. I also think the 8s looks like a quality phone. reviews also suggest the camera is actually not bad - nowhere in the league of flagship phones but comparable to other htc phones in the same price range. I've not seen the Sony phone but my experience of cheaper android handsets has been brutal.

thanks! but will using windows 8 really differ hugely to windows 7.8 in the nokia? bearing in mind i'll only be using the phone for the usual things-texting, calling, taking photos, and the internet but basically just for facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I'd definetly go for the HTC 8s out of the 3, the Lumia is quite old at this stage and as said already will be stuck on windows 7.8.

Also the HTC has a far superior dual core processor compared to the Lumia's single core one.

Advantages of the 8s over the Lumia:
    Windows 8
    Future Software Updates
    Lighter
    Bigger Screen
    Better Processor
    Better Graphics
    Expandable Storage
    Bigger Battery

It's cheap on Amazon at the moment, Link

I am also interested in the nokia 620, how would it compare to the htc and the nokia 800?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

The lumia 620 is supposed to be a cracker, according to reviews

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_620-review-865.php

• Advertisement

The lumia 620 is supposed to be a cracker, according to reviews

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_620-review-865.php

it seems good at a great price alright, not sure about the design/colors, the HTC looks much nicer imo, the lumia 800 does too, but the added front facing camera could be the deciding factor for me.

Advertisement