Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about passport

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi last year my passport was stolen, when I was younger I also lost a passport so last june I had my second replacement passport issued to me which was only a two year one ( as I cant get a 10 year one untill my 2 year one is up). However now I want to go to canada and get a two year visa in April hopefully, but I dont think theyl give me a 2 year visa when the passport expires before two years, anyone have any ideas, rang the passport office and they were absolute pricks about it, your one even smugly said in a roundabout way that if I was worried about going to places I should of taken better care of my passport. Help be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

pooljinx wrote: »
    Hi last year my passport was stolen, when I was younger I also lost a passport so last june I had my second replacement passport issued to me which was only a two year one ( as I cant get a 10 year one untill my 2 year one is up). However now I want to go to canada and get a two year visa in April hopefully, but I dont think theyl give me a 2 year visa when the passport expires before two years, anyone have any ideas, rang the passport office and they were absolute pricks about it, your one even smugly said in a roundabout way that if I was worried about going to places I should of taken better care of my passport. Help be appreciated.

You won't be able to get a visa if the passport isn't in date for the specified years. Can't you just 'lose'/ damage your 2 year passport so that they have to give you a 10 year passport? I'd imagine that would be a standard procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

Hi cheers for the resonse but I read somewhere that if you lose your passport again than you might not be given a new one !

Advertisement