Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod/Apple Lossless

• 12-01-2013 3:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Hi. Approx how many Apple Lossless songs could I fit onto a 64gb iPod touch?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Zak.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Anyone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

depends on the size of the song.

My music on my iPhone takes up 20.2GB but that includes some one hour sets from various DJ's including a 3 hour live set from Tiesto at Magik Festival.

In total i have 3019 songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

If you make an iTunes playlist of what you want on your iPod it will tell you exactly how much space it takes up. Even putting a few albums into a playlist will give you an idea of just how much space the format uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Any particular reason your using lossless as opposed to 320+ MP3?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Most of the songs will be in and around the 3-4 minute mark.

Ironclaw, I spent €250 on some really nice Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones recently which sound really nice, so I wanted some lossless files on a new ipod I am to purchase, so they'd sound lovely with the new headphones.
    I have approx 2000 songs. Mainly MP3's and AAC files on my iTunes. Wondered if I re-ripped the majority of them as lossless, could I get them all to fit on a 64gb iPod.....
    Is there much difference between ALAC and MP3 320+ ???

Cheers in advance.

Zak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Unless you have all the original CDs there is no way to get the bit rate any higher than what it already is in your library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Most of the songs will be in and around the 3-4 minute mark.

Ironclaw, I spent €250 on some really nice Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones recently which sound really nice, so I wanted some lossless files on a new ipod I am to purchase, so they'd sound lovely with the new headphones.
    I have approx 2000 songs. Mainly MP3's and AAC files on my iTunes. Wondered if I re-ripped the majority of them as lossless, could I get them all to fit on a 64gb iPod.....
    Is there much difference between ALAC and MP3 320+ ???

Cheers in advance.

Zak.

As guil said, unless you have the original CD's or your downloaded them as lossless (i.e. WAV) then your not going to see any improvement.

While they are great headphones, no denying that, you won't notice much difference between a high quality MP3 and a ALAC file. You really only need lossless files on big systems i.e You would notice a difference between an MP3 and a WAV in a club / stadium set up.

Cool. Thanks for your help guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Cool. Thanks for your help guys.
    Zak - you can also get a portable amplifier to connect to iPhone (or any headphone socket)

Something like:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier_Portable-Audio_review

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Zak - you can also get a portable amplifier to connect to iPhone (or any headphone socket)

Something like:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier_Portable-Audio_review

Yeah I heard about them. Wonder how good they are. If it was small enough I may be interested! Cheers keith.

• Advertisement
Advertisement