Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Online Equine Nutrition Course

Options
  • 12-01-2013 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Saw this on horseandrideruk.com
    University offers free online equine nutrition course
    The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh is providing a free five-week online course on the subject of equine nutrition.

09/01/2013 This course, which starts on 28th January, is open to the general public and over 10,000 interested individuals have already signed up. The course will cover anatomy, physiology and dietary management for a variety of different horses and ponies.

It will be presented by Dr Jo-Anne Murray who has a PhD in equine nutrition, is a registered nutritionist and has a Masters degree in e-learning.The University of Edinburgh is the first UK university to join the Coursera consortium set up by academics at Standford University in America to provide free online undergraduate-level courses to anyone who wishes to access them.

To sign up or for more information, visit www.coursera.org/#course/equinenutrition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Wow, fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Harric88

Great thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Brilliant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Great thanks I just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Harric88

Just done the Week 1 quiz - not bad at all felt like I learnt just as much as I did in a year at Equine College HA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Completed week 1 yesterday, quiz was fine. Waiting for week 2 and hoping my brain retains week 1 information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

dave66 wrote: »
    Completed week 1 yesterday, quiz was fine. Waiting for week 2 and hoping my brain retains week 1 information.

Can't believe it's Week 3 already. I couldn't wait for the course to start but now I'm behind already :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Valentina wrote: »
    Can't believe it's Week 3 already. I couldn't wait for the course to start but now I'm behind already :eek:

I know, half way through the course! I'm just about to take week 2 quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

I've done the first 2 quizzes, started watching the week 3 videos, the poor lady in the video sounds like she is losing her voice this week. I started drifting off was a bit tired so will try to watch them over next few days.

Advertisement