Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review request-MP5

• 12-01-2013 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I'm tempted to buy a MP5 as I like the look of them and want to try an indoor CQB at some stage. Following some research, I've narrowed the search down to the G&G model and the CA Proline model. Any ideas what I should go for? I have a G&G M4 and it's well made and reliable (apart from a mag catch that came apart) but I've heard that CA's proline models are a big step up from their sportline range.

Appreciate any opinions on these or other models I might have overlooked.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the main let down with the classic army proline stuff is poor pistons, if you do buy a proline, replace the piston straight away and you should have a decent aeg. of the two listed i would take the G&G, imo better internals, along with better range and accurecy straight out of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Cheers Thermo. The G&G would be my first choice but I heard CA's prolines were worth a look. As a relative noob, I don't think I'd know enough to replace a piston. I'm still waiting for all the new instructional vids in the "technical" section:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Review done by Blazer on the CA MP5 here and I am the current owner of that MP5
    His main reason for selling it as I believe is because he is a lefty and the B&T model only has a single selector lever and is set up from a right handed shooter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

A bit late in reply I know, but here are my experiences to date of the CA MP5.

Its accurate, well built where it counts. Reliable and not in need of any upgrade out of the box.

I have mine since 2008 and its still running without issue.

Stock got cracked due to carelessness (something heavy being accidently place on it caused it to crack where it gets narrow towards the receiver.) So I've sourced a replacement retractable stock. A G&G retractable stock fits the CA body fine without any modifications being needed.

Gearbox is made from a suitably heavy casting. No danger of cracking it with the standard internals. Haven't had any problem with any of the gears or the motor. Piston is fine too and none of the mechanisim shows any sign of distress. In fact the gears are shimmed from the factory in my unit and nothing in the gear box warrants any additional expenditure unless someone wants to increase the ROF. Tappet plate is starting to show a little wear at the sector gear end, but nothing I need to worry about for quite some time. Nozzle is fine too with very little wear evident.

Have been using an 8.4V 1600mAh battery with the MP5 and I'm quite happy with the combination. The retractable stock means that I have had to purchase a mini-battery which will now live in the forestock. This has necessitated a re-wiring of the trigger and this has gone without any trouble.

I find this MP5 to have an acceptable rate of fire, be very accurate and to date it has been trouble free.

In short, I'd buy it again in the morning, maybe with a retractable stock rather than the standard stock, purely for reasons of personal taste in CQB gaming with this MP5.

Advertisement