Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Man City Emirates Stadium Sunday 13 Jan 4.05pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Im off the opinion they were both red cards, a bit harsh but both by the letter of the law so the ref has been consistent, Kompanys was a two footed tackle and he knew it himself hence why he was jumping around trying to pretend he was hurt do try take away from the tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Dunno about that one. Twas similar to he red card last year. Two footed so he must go i think :/

He should only walk if his two feet come over the top of the ball. he made an effort to keep them low imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Really could have done with that red card about 15 minutes earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I go back to the same comment again and again. IF the laws of the game say thats a straight red, then the laws need to be changed. Players aren't allowed make a hard tackle anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

looking good here, I feel some chances coming our way now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol, proper evening things up decision. Farcical.

Two feet showing studs in a tackle. Has to be red. If an Arsenal player did that, what would you say?

The laws say red. So the ref was right!!! He had no other option!

Walcott is gash

wonga77 wrote: »
    He should only walk if his two feet come over the top of the ball. he made an effort to keep them low imo

Its nothing to do with two feet being over the top of the ball, the law is two footed tackle red card regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

inmyday wrote: »

Two feet showing studs in a tackle. Has to be red. If an Arsenal player did that, what would you say?

The laws say red. So the ref was right!!! He had no other option!

Except it wasn't how you described at all.

And yes, I'm able to see past colours thanks very much. Never a red card no matter who did it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Both feet were off the ground anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just saw it again, two footed indeed but Kompany was in control and Wilshere's slide made it look worse than it was.

Still quite clearly Dean evening things up.

Sergio wrote: »
    Have to see the replay again but if his two feet are off the ground then its a dangerous tackle and a straight red.

Just seen it again and it does look like his took feet left the ground so he wasn't as in control as I thought. Quite dangerous and luckily Wilshere didn't get injured.

it was one footed!!!!!!! where are you getting 2 feet from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

And yes, I'm able to see past colours thanks very much. Never a red card no matter who did it.

never a red but he should have learned from the UTD game last season how useless the EPL refs are on these matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sergio wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Walcott non existent in the second half!
    Must of signed his new contract before the game.

Dzeko is getting away with EVERYTHING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mike Dean in Crisis!

Wilshere must have been fouled half a dozen times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hope the lads watched WBA v Reading in Match of the Day last night!

Its nothing to do with two feet being over the top of the ball, the law is two footed tackle red card regardless.

Was it two footed though? Im not so sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You'd swear Mike Dean was waiting for that opportunity all match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fcuking hell is Dzecko Deanes love child

Looking at it again, if anyone was 'out of control' it was Wilshire.

Ok fair enough, about the jersey a player is wearing.

I described it as two footed, showing studs. So it is a red according to the laws.

Yes I know he got the ball, but it is a red. You cant tackle like that. The laws dont allow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Really frustrates me that good tackles like that aren't allowed in the game anymore. Crunching tackle, won the ball clean and Wilshere did not get hurt. Not even a free kick in my book, never mind a red card. Can't help but think football would be more enjoyable if tackles like that were still allowed.

I don't see how anyone can have complaints about Kompany getting sent off, should've been off an hour earlier for slapping Zabaletta in the face.

mike65 wrote: »
    Mike Dean in Crisis!

For making correct decisions???

Wilshere has to be the most fouled player in the premiership.

Wilshere must have been fouled about 15 times today

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Was it two footed though? Im not so sure

Yes imo, he pulled his second foot back at the last second but initially he dived in with two feet studs showing a dangerous tackle and by the letter of the law its a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wilshere getting butchered out there, fair play to him he goes in for every 50/50, unlike some of the others

Nothing happened to Nastasic? They both missed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like Balotelli got into a fight with a trifle.

Dzeko man of the match? For what?

Really frustrates me that good tackles like that aren't allowed in the game anymore. Crunching tackle, won the ball clean and Wilshere did not get hurt. Not even a free kick in my book, never mind a red card. Can't help but think football would be more enjoyable if tackles like that were still allowed.

I agree Ferris. But we all know the laws at this stage.

No one can argue about tackles like that. It doesnt mean Kompany is dirty or he meant any harm to the player. But the rules are there in writing. Its the way it is!
    I feel bad on the ref. Lazy people will say he made a mess of the game but if we look at it properly, most of his decisions were 100% correct.

• Advertisement

What's the chances crazy horse Balotelli gets the line...

The gimp of Balotelli! How Dzeko escaped the game without a yellow is beyond me

Yes imo, he pulled his second foot back at the last second but initially he dived in with two feet studs showing a dangerous tackle and by the letter of the law its a red card.

A two footed tackle does not mean an automatic red card. The law makes reference to excessive force, be it one or two footed.

“Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Keep Calm ... And give it to Balotelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jack was man of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mario 'Demolition Man' Balotelli.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Needed a goal 15 minutes ago to have any chance of rescuing this. Game is over at this stage.

Jack was man of the match

Agree 100%

Ran his legs to stumps

Hart has had nothing to do all day, not properly tested once

Benimar wrote: »
    A two footed tackle does not mean an automatic red card. The law makes reference to excessive force, be it one or two footed.

“Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”

So your telling me diving in with two feet studs showing is not a dangerous tackle?

Well done to city, took full advantage of the red card. Good resilience from Arsenal in the second half to hold out and avoid the demolition most were predicting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Biggest three points of the season, fantastic to finally win at Arsenal. Really good performance overall too.

Look forward to that red card appeal.

"You're sh*t and you charge too much" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Biggest three points of the season, fantastic to finally win at Arsenal. Really good performance overall too.

Look forward to that red card appeal.

"You're sh*t and you charge too much" :pac:

And you'd still be sh*t without your Arab money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mike Dean, getting literally everything wrong

City have been very dirty though, kicked lumps out of Wilshere and Ramsey, kicked the ball away a few times and when play stopped for their injury they didn't kick it back to us, just lumped it into touch.

Edin Dzeko foul count: 34565435

greendom wrote: »
    And you'd still be sh*t without your Arab money

Why are you biting??

• Advertisement
Advertisement